Today...

Leoo

I've come to the conclusion that I'm more open, friendly, and social when I'm hungover.

I may or may not also be more prone to fits of insanity.

I've decided I'm going to start up my vlog as I was considering a few weeks ago. I'm discussing the cameraman role with a friend of mine next week, so I'm hoping to have my first video out by the next month or so.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Been listening to classical music all evening.

What is really awful is that the only piece that I can 100% tag correctly is the Swan Lake Scene and Dance of the Little Swans. Everything else, all those symphonies and stuff are a mess. Granted, they are all familiar, but I just mess up their names. And I have a test on them tomorrow...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Started looking for a job today, might be a chance I can get back in at my old work so I'll see how that goes. Meeting some friends tomorrow, head to a pub quiz for a few beers and whatnot.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Seeing friends tonight for the first time in ages :) Probably just end up playing Risk or going to the driving range, but growing older means I'm seeing them less and less unfortunately.

Also an interview for a receptionist position at my local sports hall on friday after MONTHS of searching. Not sure on what to wear, smart-casual maybe.

Also I lurk OT WAY WAY too much and basically never post. So hi :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I'm going to break the cardinal rule of off topic here but, this old school Runescape seems like it's an awesome idea. It's almost enough to get me to play. If I could try it for like a day for free, I'd probably buy membership and start playing again (which would be a horrible thing, I can't afford to start wasting my time on an mmo again). This is technically relevant to the thread since I found out about it today, so no one give me shit for mentioning it.

Oh god, new page. My shame will be even more visible now.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Most of the dicks who were like "RuneScape? Not in my OT!" have kind of left now. The ones that meant it dead seriously, I mean, not the ones who were just joking around. I think these days, most OTers still play RuneScape, even if only on a casual basis.

If you buy normal RuneScape membership, 07scape is free for the next six months, I'm lead to believe. I'm not playing it myself though. Perhaps someone else could confirm.

Yeah, it looks like it comes with standard membership. At this point I just want to feel the nostalgia for a while, so I honestly might buy a month of membership and just [bleep] around for a few hours.

I don't know though, I just checked my account and it's been 878 days since last time I logged in. That's not a streak I really want to break lol. I have way to much stuff to do to be able to play a game like Runescape.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Better than getting stuck in traffic for 3 hours on the way there :P I hear that though, I hate getting stuck in traffic, doubly so if I'm running low on gas. Or driving that car I had for a summer which would visibly get hotter when not in motion (the radiator fan didn't run as fast when the engine was at idle).

• Like 1

I want someone to help me design a coal-burning boiler, but I'm the only person in my year doing one, and the only person in the University who really knows his stuff about boilers is the supervisor who's grading me for "initiative", so my questions have to be phrased in a way that demonstrates I generally know what I'm doing. How do you even learn how to do "initiative"? I always figured it was something vague that you couldn't really learn in a specific way and aren't really responsible for, like "talent" or "intelligence".

I'm starting to really think that I have an inherent problem with working on my own. I don't think it's a social thing, I just can't discuss things with myself in my own mind and filter out the endless stream of dumb ideas at the same time. I'm thinking about artichokes right now. God I hope my job doesn't end up being like this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

^Well most jobs involving design use peer review and such to iron out stupid ideas. It's a lot more effective than relying on people to recognize their own mistakes.

Today I told a friend about an ice cream machine that will give you two ice creams instead of one (due to a mechanic glitch), so she gave me a buck (the ice creams cost 1.75) to buy us both one.

It worked like a charm except both ice creams got stuck. After kicking the machine as hard as I dared without breaking it I gave up and put two dollars more in, and it popped out four ice creams.

Then a guy bought one for $2 off of me and I somehow profited off of the whole ordeal.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

There is some room to teach yourself initiative. It's largely an observational skill that requires you to be able to look around you (metaphorically) and see what needs doing, and then take care of the things that you have the required skills for. Without initiative you become someone who only does anything when asked. With too much initiative you'll do things your not qualified or not supposed to do, and generally start to get in peoples way. So I supose the second part of the skill is being able to look at a self assigned task and determine if it's something you should be doing or not.

As for designing a coal boiler, I would think there is a lot of research on them available to at least bring you up the point where your asking intelligent questions. I'd probably start off with steam engines myself, since many of them use(d) coal burning boilers. I'm not sure what your making yours for, but the steam engines should at least have some information on things like material strength, efficiency, and what did and didn't work.

Long day. Tennis practice, and then dinner with the girlfriend. She's teaching me how to draw, since she's an artist. Then I had a 9pm psychologist appointment and was told to double my prozac anti depressants from 10mg to 20mg. Fun lol.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Gotta love 'Dox's endless Dilbert references

I'm going to break the cardinal rule of off topic here but, this old school Runescape seems like it's an awesome idea.

Runescape? In MY OFFTOPIC?

no but seriously, I've had 'Scape on my mind for a while. I was ranting about it (in the rants subforum no less) about how I missed the good old days of how awesome ruenscape was and how it brought a whole generation of people together. Then about a week later I got an email that it was to be restored to it's former glory. Real tempted to play as well, but as I mentioned in the aforementioned rant, I simply shouldn't for the good of my social life.

Most of the dicks who were like "RuneScape? Not in my OT!" have kind of left now. The ones that meant it dead seriously, I mean, not the ones who were just joking around. I think these days, most OTers still play RuneScape, even if only on a casual basis.

If you buy normal RuneScape membership, 07scape is free for the next six months, I'm lead to believe. I'm not playing it myself though. Perhaps someone else could confirm.

I think assuming most of OT still plays is a little presumptuous. I'd say like a third of us do, not including myself.

Today I went to class half way through, came home and played the new Battlefield 3 expansion because dirtbike combat is the best thing ever.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There is some room to teach yourself initiative. It's largely an observational skill that requires you to be able to look around you (metaphorically) and see what needs doing, and then take care of the things that you have the required skills for. Without initiative you become someone who only does anything when asked. With too much initiative you'll do things your not qualified or not supposed to do, and generally start to get in peoples way. So I supose the second part of the skill is being able to look at a self assigned task and determine if it's something you should be doing or not.

As for designing a coal boiler, I would think there is a lot of research on them available to at least bring you up the point where your asking intelligent questions. I'd probably start off with steam engines myself, since many of them use(d) coal burning boilers. I'm not sure what your making yours for, but the steam engines should at least have some information on things like material strength, efficiency, and what did and didn't work.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. :)

The libraries have been pretty useful in coming up with research, but the books are dull to get through. It's a boiler for a hypothetical coal-fired power plant with carbon capture storage. Ground coal and air (with the nitrogen removed) goes into the furnace and is combusted, gases pass around an array of steel pipes containing steam thereby heating it, the steam moves through turbines and generates power. Ash falls to the bottom of the furnace and is removed, gas (mainly carbon dioxide) is sent off for cleaning and various processes to get rid of particulates, water and sulphur, and is finally compressed and stored.

Wow, that was so easy to type now I'm typing it to someone else. If anything I just got a motivation boost, so thanks!

opens MS Word, starts mashing

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Better than getting stuck in traffic for 3 hours on the way there :P I hear that though, I hate getting stuck in traffic, doubly so if I'm running low on gas. Or driving that car I had for a summer which would visibly get hotter when not in motion (the radiator fan didn't run as fast when the engine was at idle).

Gas was not really the problem, but the offramp i was supposed to take they were saying was closed and the detour would have been another 20 miles or something like that (in total), which would have put me close to being empty haha. But at least the road i had to take opened up by the time i got there.

I don't know though, I just checked my account and it's been 878 days since last time I logged in. That's not a streak I really want to break lol. I have way to much stuff to do to be able to play a game like Runescape.

How do you check this without actually logging in and resetting it?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Got my last T4 today. So I think all that I need to get is my prescription receipt thing from the pharmacy and I think I can get my taxes done and get my refund. :D Which would be awesome, because with all the changes to the pet portion of my budget, I'm running out of money and there is really only so much I can take away from my food budget. <_< So that will help to catch up on the last of my bills that are slightly behind and then put the rest away for when I go back to school in the fall.

I also think I'm going to book in an appointment with a chiropractor and see if they can help me with my recent arm/hand issues. I think my carpal tunnel is back, but it's so much worse and way different than last time. I don't think I've had a full nights sleep in almost 2 weeks because when I roll onto my arm in my sleep my hand goes numb and starts to burn and my upper arm becomes painful and it wakes me up and it takes me so long to try and get back to sleep :(

My brother has been playing 07scape and he keeps telling me how awesome it is... But I haven't logged in since last summer and I don't want to break the stride.

Atm I am [bleep]ing amazed at how well we are doing in our citywide basketball championships with my school's team. We are in the top ten and in our 6 team group we are the only team with 2 wins, other teams have either one loss and one win or only 2 losses.

Top 2 of the group then go to the next group of six where then the champion is determined. I am not personally hoping for the championship, we are way too weak for that, but getting to the top 6 would be awesome.

And our team is really weird. Out of 12th grade I am the only player, from 11th we have one in the starting 5 and 3 from the 10th grade. And we have no substitutions... Well, we have, but they are so weak that the starting 5 plays practically all the time. Subs get in only for like a minute or two each.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I've been playing Far Cry 3 recently and it is an epic game. A bit reminiscent of Assassin's Creed or Assassin's Creed is reminiscent Far Cry. Dunno which one came first (and did I use the word reminiscent right?). It's a bit annoying that every death miniquest involves knifing the leader. I just want to shoot things.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

How do you check this without actually logging in and resetting it?

You don't.