Leoo

Today...

in other news absinthe is [bleep]ing horrible

Does this mean that you have most of a bottle of absinthe that you're not planning to finish?

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

complaints for what?

Noise. And I'm already doing what I can to not make any, even to the extent of using headphones to watch tv. Apparently I'm the third one that she drove crazy like that and I'm her last chance, if she does the same to the next tennant in the appartment I'm in, she's going to be kicked out. In other words she's complaining about me because I'm going to bed later than 10 at night.

I guess it's for the better though, it's an old building and everyone is crazy quiet. I like having some freedom and it's not something I could have here. It's an appartment I had found in a day when I moved to Quebec City, so just the first choice, which is a mistake I don't think I'll make again.

Bought my first ever bottle of Tabasco sauce. It is pretty expensive, but pretty good.

But it is definitely very vinegar-y.

In other news, today I swam in the local river for the first time during the night and for the first time since December without getting to sauna right afterwards. Water was maybe 6 degrees Celsius, but it sure is refreshing and beats the hell out of cold showers.

Also smoked a whole real Cuban cigar with a girl. Straight from Cuba, so I know it isn't counterfeit. It tasted pretty awesome, unlike cigarettes. I hate smoking otherwise, but I figured I should at least try a Cuban once, to get to know the good stuff. Or simply to have the experience.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My weekend has been essectially perfect. La Dispute concery friday, got high after with the fellas, next day finished the other half of my rum from friday and saw Real Friends/Wonder Years with some of my other friends, then went back with my other crew to hang out again. Then Sunday comes up and I meet one of the coolest girls I've ever encountered. Ended up "sleeping" there and only managing to sleep about an hour. Worth it. Accidentally skipped all my monday classes. Oh well.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So apparently I'm the only person in the class to understand that midnight Tuesday is 1 minute after 23:59 Monday. Not 1 minute after 23:59 Tuesday. Unfortunately this is a group assignment, so we're losing 5%. Oh, and use case diagrams make no sense with only 1 actor.

Gay marriage is now permitted in the UK. It's also a sunny day outside, the sky isn't falling, there aren't any locusts buzzing around either.

Not as cataclysmic as some predicted, then.

For a brief period same-sex marriage was legal in the ACT here in Aus. Then it was made illegal again. While it was legal everything was fine, making it illegal again turned the country to shit.

I think the one thing we can agree on here is that a batchellors degree in psychology or political science is a good way to throw away 30k and still end up in a sales job

In Aus you don't start paying your debt until you're making over 40k/year. It's also all handled by the government (for now at least, anyway)

I'm saying that interacting with someone online can't fulfill one's social needs as well as interacting with someone in real life.

As an introvert, I disagree.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm saying that interacting with someone online can't fulfill one's social needs as well as interacting with someone in real life.

As an introvert, I disagree. :P

77yLQy8.png

As an introvert, I disagree. :P

As an introvert, I'm terribly uncomfortable with all of this socialization. :-D

• Like 2

So, for those of us in North America: We've got a Lunar eclipse to look forward to tonight, beginning at just after midnight (PST) or around 3 AM (EST).

I know! But its going to rain in Jersey that night so it might be too cloudy for me :(

So, for those of us in North America: We've got a Lunar eclipse to look forward to tonight, beginning at just after midnight (PST) or around 3 AM (EST).

I know! But its going to rain in Jersey that night so it might be too cloudy for me :(

Luckily, there are going to be three more visible from the Americas this year.

Luckily, there are going to be three more visible from the Americas this year.

For some reason, there is always some sort of storm or cloudy weather at night for me whenever there is a lunar eclipse. Hoping the next one breaks that trend. 

This afternoon i was Skyping with a school friend of mine. We went to Flight School together in the US, and he told me an interesting story one day. He told me that he had been having a lot of trouble focusing on certain subjects in Uni, so one night, about a week before his exam a friend suggested he take MDMA to help him focus. He told me that he took it, and only about 5 hours later he realised how much time had passed and how much progress he had made. Obviously i understand that it's not going to make you some sort of super-human and increase your brain functionality, but as he explained it, he said it seemed like everything else around him vanished and he was able to maintain his focus for so much longer.

I have exams coming up in about 5 weeks. I'm extremely stressed out about it, as i have a long history of anxiety when it comes to exams. And today when we were talking he reminded me of that story again and jokingly said that it might not be a bad option.

I'm not really well informed when it comes to drugs, i guess i was never really curious but if it's something that might make things a bit easier for me then i consider it an option. I considered Adderall, but that's not legal here either (for reason i don't know).

Anyone here have any experience with short term use of MDMA or use of it specifically for studying?

It's effective but not recommended. Too easy to become dependant on it. My buddy used to do a pinch of mdma before exams to focus which then turned to doing one before every class. Smart fella, but the long term effects of that stuff really isn't worth it

It's effective but not recommended. Too easy to become dependant on it. My buddy used to do a pinch of mdma before exams to focus which then turned to doing one before every class. Smart fella, but the long term effects of that stuff really isn't worth it

Well i have ~4 months of exams ahead. 14 papers. That's all i really need it for. I was thinking i might be able to get Adderall or Ritalin assuming none of the ingredients are illegal here. That would obviously be a smarter and healthier choice.

But my main concern is that i don't want to use something that will affect me later on. I don't want to become dependent on it to get through a normal day. Besides, they aren't really allowed as a pilot anyway. But since i won't be flying for a while, there's no harm in using it.

One of my housemates does MD very occasionally. Last time she took a really funny turn to it at a house party. Had one of my other housemates in tears.

It's effective I guess, but I just can't get my head round how the risks balance with the benefits.

Plenty of college kids do addys and sell ritalin, but remember thats only a step below meth. I try not to judge people that rely on such methods but its a shame to see such a lack of self faith in accomplishment

All of the people I know who do MD currently, which admittedly is a very small sample (n=3), I wouldn't have described any of them as being bothered about accomplishment. I'd actually describe two of them as being anti-intellectual, despite both being at university. They're only here for the gravy train, the student loan, the three years off from having to enter the real world and get a job.

Of course, the caveat there is there may be many more people I know who do MD who I just don't know are doing MD; uni's a though place, and god knows I have my own coping strategies, but different people choose different things. I can imagine there's much more of a stigma to using MD to get through exams than using MD recreationally.

The ones I know do it for the thrill, though.

You'll always be better off learning how to study without having anxiety or being distracted. If you do try MDMA, adderal, or ritalin, you'll learn pretty quickly that it's awesome. Then the next time you have an exam to study for or a paper to write, guess what you'll do.

In my experience, test anxiety comes from feeling unprepared for the exam. To get over this, I make a list of everything that I need to study for the exam, portion it out over a few days, and go through the list item by item. If something shows up on the test that I didn't study for, I'll skip over it and try to avoid thinking about it until I finish everything else. You might want to talk to a counselor to help you with your anxiety if my technique doesn't work for you.

Basically, try to solve your problem without drugs if you can. 

• Like 4

I've never heard of people using MDMA to study, only adderal and the like. Some of my friends use caffiene pills as a substitute for adderall, which may be more legal, but I still wouldn't really advise having to use a drug as a crutch to study.

The only "smart drug" I'm interested in trying is Modafinil, I'm just too lazy to try for a prescription or find a seller.  

tFtfA.jpg

Well the only reason i've been considering this is because back in the US i would have been prescribed it for my ADD. I decided against it mainly because i wanted to fix things on my own, but also because you can't take Adderall/Ritalin while you're flying. But since i'm not flying at the moment (not going to rent a plane @ $400 an hour) and i only have to worry about studying i figured it could work out.

I liked Addarall the time I took it. That's my contribution to this conversation.

• Like 1

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

(Has never used drugs or anything)

I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing, it's not like I'm all "drugs are bad m'kay" but I don't actively go looking for them either.

...Although having a close cousin who is a complete heavy-drug addict does turn you off anything.

Popoto.~<3

yooo just take heroin before the test and you'll do gr8 trust me

yooo just take heroin before the test and you'll do gr8 trust me

I've herd this tooo