Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Today...

The answer is: it doesn't really matter (for the most part) because eating the right number of calories will dwarf the other effects.

If you insist on analyzing though: a low fat diet isn't going to help you if you just eat a ton of carbohydrates, for example.  It also depends on what kind of sugar, fiber.  For example eating a bag of candy is sugar, and eating some fruit is sugar, but the fruit is better for you, if only for the fact that it will have vitamins (and fiber).  When people say fiber is good for you, it's only soluble fiber that really gets absorbed.  If you eat a lot of insoluble fiber, that's great, but your body doesn't really process much.  So it's a more complicated question.

The difference between fruit and high fructose corn syrup is that one is more concentrated then the other not that ones better then the other.

The question is complicated and even more so by the fact that there is differing entropy on the energy transfer. For example 1000C of protein won't become 1000C of fat stored in you when eaten. A lot of the protein will be used up directly for cell repair and the rest thats stored as fat is significantly less then 1000C, probably around 700C. Compared to carbs which are 95% efficient just by eating the same amount you currently do in protein its the same as eating 25% less.

I personally believe in the Paleo diets. Or to our Jewish posters, a diet that is kosher for passover is the way to lose weight.

If you have a sedentary lifestyle you're probably not going to be that healthy no matter what you're eating

Healthy is an issue of its own, were discussing thin. I will run several hours a day until I can run a 5 minute mile. I will lift until I can bench 200lbs, etc. Have measurable goals and you will be able to keep them. Don't set out to the gym with the goal of "feeling good about myself" or "looking good" and you'll be fine

I've run for a while and can't get close to 5 minutes a mile :/.  I'm probably not doing the right thing to train or pushing it hard enough (I don't want an injury, just the exercise) though.

But on topic, ok then, I guess candy with a vitamin supplement = just as good/bad for you as the equivalent serving of fruit?  Is it really that simple?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've run for a while and can't get close to 5 minutes a mile :/.  I'm probably not doing the right thing to train or pushing it hard enough (I don't want an injury, just the exercise) though.

But on topic, ok then, I guess candy with a vitamin supplement = just as good/bad for you as the equivalent serving of fruit?  Is it really that simple?

Just keep experimenting with different things is all I can tell you. Theres no time pressure you have a decade or more to get to that point.

But I believe so with the candy vs fruit. Even most fruit isn't particularly nutrious, apples for example might as well be candy imo.

Unrelated: I got what was probably the worst haircut I've ever gotten in my life ~an hour ago. I'm going to ask my brother to buzz my hair when he gets home. I'd do it myself, but I don't trust myself to get the back right. If he messes up, I'll just shave it. Honestly, I think I'd prefer a shaved head to my current haircut.

I buzzed my head. It's 1000x better than the previous haircut. I did most of it by myself and then my brother got home and he got a few spots on the back that I missed.

I've eaten 3 bananas today and nothing else. That's healthy I think

When I was younger, I ate so many bananas that when I got routine blood work done one time, I had abnormally high potassium levels. It was enough to be concerning, but not enough to actually do anything. I don't eat bananas that much any more.

I was going to get a haircut.  But it's Friday afternoon, and then I saw the line...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

There was a guide to food craving I saw a while back that was interesting. It had a bunch of stuff like "do you want crunchy? Eat something high in iron and calcium". I've never cared too much about controlling my diet outside of "that looks disgustingly unhealthy" but some quick googling could probably find you the guide I mentioned. Im just lazy and on my mobile

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The employees at the local convenience store treat me like their best friends for some reason  :-k .

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yesterday I went to Krispy Kreme @ 7 Am & stayed till 12 Pm (1 extra Hour). Went to the Bank to make a withdrawl. Went to Walmart @ 1 Pm. It was pretty busy. I got off at 10 Pm & my car wouldn't crank up. I called AAA since I thought it was the battery to get it to Start. They said it wasn't the battery & was something with the Fuel. I got Gas on Monday night I think. I called my parents & my mom said they would come get me. My dad sprayed some fuel injector fluid & it cranked up but it wouldn't idle for long. He said it could be the fuel filter or the fuel pump. I had to call Krispy Kreme to call out of work today obly 4 hours :(

Today my friend called this morning & said she could give me a ride to Krispy Kreme tomorrow morning but might be working in the afternoon. Going to get my car towed to a shop to see whats wrong with it.

Level 99 Skills 26/27 200M exp Skills 4/27
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Engine flooded, fuel pump borked, spark plugs dead, battery dead, starter motor dead, alternator IN starter motor dead, electrical fault.

The list goes on.

Popoto.~<3

My check list usually goes battery? Spark Plugs? alternator? call mechanic.  

• Like 1

tFtfA.jpg

My check list usually goes, car won't start? Call mechanic.

I don't have a car.  Saves so many problems :shades: .

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I have a 2013 car, not going to have any problems any time soon. Then again never had any problems with the 2001 Toyota Echo I previously had. I feel for you though with this kind of trouble.

I just put $300 into new drive wheel tires and installation only to find out my passenger wheel mount is bent. About 10-15 degrees. I'm just gonna live with it. I'm not dumping another $150 on a new wheel housing

One time I put diesel in my gas tank and had to get it cleaned out and get my spark plugs replaced

Isn't diesel more expensive now anyway?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Reinstalled WoW today. Mistake.

TANSTAAFL

Isn't diesel more expensive now anyway?

There was all sorts of stupid with what I did there

I learned a lot of stuff like cooking, mechanical, technological, biology etc etc myself because there's times where I can't afford to see a professional (like a mechanic) but it can be something I can fix myself.

I think I just have a weird sensation with wanting to learn as much skills as possible.

Popoto.~<3

I learned a lot of stuff like cooking, mechanical, technological, biology etc etc myself because there's times where I can't afford to see a professional (like a mechanic) but it can be something I can fix myself.

I think I just have a weird sensation with wanting to learn as much skills as possible.

That's a good thing.  Sometimes it's hard to find a competent and honest professional anyway :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

lvl 60 in all skills irl

• Like 1

Overclocked my computer today. It hasn't been that responsive and stable since the motherboard started failing sometime last year. Can't wait until I build another computer though. Now the processor isn't at a 100% load all the time anymore.

A friend of mine is like that Tim. I could quote home saying "I could ask a guy to fix or do things for me...or i could just be that guy" and "if any man can do it, im any man"

He's a real inspirational fella. I had the pleasure of working with him for a while before he took an out of state job. Honestly he's one of my favorite people though