Leoo

Today...

Today, I finally got the plane tickets.

TO MOTHER[bleep]ING ICELAND!

Lifelong dream come true, this autumn.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My annual trip to Dour takes place again tomorrow. Should be a blast again this year, looking forward to a bunch of the names playing, but one of the artists I'm looking most forward to is Infected Mushroom. Been wanting to see those guys for ages. 

Today I went and sold my stuff on RS that could be worth something, and ended up with 14.3m, so I went to a F2P world and found a spot with a couple low levels there, I dropped it and watched.

The guy was like "Holy shit"

You're supposed to run around dropping rune scimitars or something, gets you much more attention :-D.

But almost anyone who has/can raise ~10M just goes and buys a bond for membership, so yeah.. :XD:.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Took the local mountain today. Nice 3 hour climb.

Really much mosquitoes though, and we had no repellant.

But yeah, finally, after 5 years here I have eventually hiked the closest mountain with it's 830 metres. During those 5 years I have taken hills and mountains from all over the world, but not the one in my backyard...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

<-- doesn't understand tipping culture

<--- lives in areas without tipping culture

<--- doesn't have to worry about tipping or carrying cash at all

What i hate is when i people expect a tip. When i was still in Florida we had a girl get all offensive with us one day when we didn't leave a tip. We were a table full of Europeans and then me. Was a funny day.

Here we don't tip either. It's actually discouraged because people don't want it to become a habit. But here you actually feel bad if you don't leave a tip, since the folks here make nest to nothing.

Many places will actually automatically include a tip for large parties (6-7+)...I suppose not wherever you went though :P. And well yeah, they're making $2-3/hr probably, after bringing you all that stuff back and forth for an hour or two, you would probably be pretty ticked off too upon receiving nothing.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I thought minimum wage was like $7-something? Don't they need to be paid at least minimum wage? In all honesty, $7/h really isn't that bad lol. When i was working in a Music Store in South Africa i was getting R22/h which at the time was around $2.50-ish. Unless you meant the people here, in which case i would guess your estimate of $2-3/h is on par.

In here, where tipping isn't normal, waiters and waitresses receive a proper wage, so tipping is not necessary (although for exceptional service people do leave some extra money usually).

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

That sounds about right for minimum wage, but there are all sorts of loopholes to (legally or illegally) to force people's wage lower. I'm pretty sure waiters and people providing services are one of those exceptions.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

oh my god, please don't start the tipping debate. it's so overdone and nothing new ever gets said.

What about this: tip if that's the norm where you're eating, don't tip if it isn't? Because the server is not being paid enough to put up with cultural posturing :twss:

Is this the reason why we called the website Tip It?

Is this the reason why we called the website Tip It?

Oh crap, after all these years OT is on to us! :ohnoes:

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

In the states server minimum wage is really low, since tipping is expected...

Tipping is almost as widespread in Canada though, and minimum wage is the same for everyone

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Heading down to Tennessee for four days for a wedding. Nice break from the 8-5 life.

TANSTAAFL

Heading down to Tennessee for four days for a wedding. Nice break from the 8-5 life.

Lucky, I got a friend there I really wish I could see.

(Today) was my first day in my new kitchen job. The first 4 hours of which was spent plucking basil leaves. I don't think I ever want to eat basil again. But the job itself ain't bad.

And for [bleep]s sake people, if you're in america tip your damn server. It takes $16/hr and food stamps to live on your own here and thats with minimal health insurance. Servers are LUCKY to be paid $2/hr.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah, pulling the "We don't tip in my country, so I'm not tipping here either!" card just makes you a elitist [wagon] (Ignorance is a different story. You're still at fault but you're not a bad person for it). I've never understood why people from other places take such issue with it. Like, you can either tip 15% for average service or restaurants will just increase the price of everything by that much (or more) and you have no power when you actually have bad service.  It just makes sense, although I'm sure that has a lot to do with growing up with that system.

I have friends who pull $30+ an hour as servers on good nights and probably average more than $20.  There's no way that they'd make that much if they just got a wage and no tips. Tipping shifts some of the power over a server to the customers from the business owner, which I think is a good thing.  That way it's more like they're working for you.

Of course, this is the only system I've personally observed so for all I know just giving servers a flat wage could actually be better.  But that's not how it is in America and not tipping is just going to make you an [wagon], not change things.

People from the country who do it are worse though.  And don't get me started on people who cite that [bleep]ing opening scene from Reservoir Dogs to justify not tipping like its some kind of [bleep]ing peer reviewed journal article.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Just for clarification, I always tip at least 15% even if the service was mediocre at best.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah, pulling the "We don't tip in my country, so I'm not tipping here either!" card just makes you a elitist [wagon] (Ignorance is a different story. You're still at fault but you're not a bad person for it). I've never understood why people from other places take such issue with it. Like, you can either tip 15% for average service or restaurants will just increase the price of everything by that much (or more) and you have no power when you actually have bad service.  It just makes sense, although I'm sure that has a lot to do with growing up with that system.

I have friends who pull $30+ an hour as servers on good nights and probably average more than $20.  There's no way that they'd make that much if they just got a wage and no tips. Tipping shifts some of the power over a server to the customers from the business owner, which I think is a good thing.  That way it's more like they're working for you.

Of course, this is the only system I've personally observed so for all I know just giving servers a flat wage could actually be better.  But that's not how it is in America and not tipping is just going to make you an [wagon], not change things.

People from the country who do it are worse though.  And don't get me started on people who cite that [bleep]ing opening scene from Reservoir Dogs to justify not tipping like its some kind of [bleep]ing peer reviewed journal article.

Here's the problem i have though. If i tip only when i receive good service, i'll always receive good service. Whether my server had a bad day, whether she dislikes my attitude for whatever reason. Etc. I'll always receive good service because she'll want to work for her tip. 

Now, with your "always tip no matter what" mentality, i get a server that takes 15 minutes to take my order, 15 minutes to bring me my drink, brings me cold food, gives me attitude, etc. And you're telling me i should still tip her? I'm sorry, that's laughable logic. You're giving someone a tip for giving you bad service?

I've left restaurants where i wouldn't leave a single dollar tip on a $1000 check and i didn't feel bad at all, because the server was bad. Bad to the point i wouldn't go back to that restaurant. And then i've been to places where i'd leave a $50 tip on a $100 check, because the server was awesome. And that's how it should be. You get rewarded for good service, and you don't for bad service. I'd much rather have them increase the price by a flat % instead of making me feel "pressured" to pay some random person for doing their job poorly. 

• Like 3

Which part?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

So i just watched 7 Days in Hell... I don't know how i feel about anything right now.