Leoo

Today...

Been frustrated w/ my plateauing bench press strength lately so I bit the bullet and decided to buy a bench press for my home so I can bench every day lol

This is a horrible idea. You won't have any time to recover between days and you'll just injure yourself. You gain strength while you're actually resting between days and your body builds back the muscle fibers that are broken when you lift heavy. It's natural for your bench press to slow down when you hit that high of a weight. 5x5 doesn't work forever because eventually it just gets too stressful for your body, and that's why split body part routines exist for when you get to that point, as they are designed so that you can keep progressing once you get to the point where full-body routines are too much stress for your body.Look into PHAT or PHUL or 5/3/1 or some similar strength or hybrid strength/hypertrophy program if you want to progress in a sustainable manner without hurting yourself. You could also lose strength from benching too often without adequate recovery time. Last year I had two roommates with 225+ benches and one with a 360 lb bench and none of them benched more than once a week. strength training is about long term progress, not about rushing t meet your goals as fast as possible.

finally started getting back to the gym after having to take a month off due to school craziness and holy shit I always forget how bad squats are when you first start doing them again. Somehow managed to not drop any weight from my bench, and I only lost 20 pounds off of my squat for 3x5 which is acceptable for how much time I lost. Now it's time to go again and deadlift for the first time in a month. eek.

White M4 with black leather interior is mine. Can't drive it yet... Insurance papers are going to take another few hours to get sorted. So right now it's just chilling in the driveway. Soon as my papers are done i'm taking her our to the track to see what she can do.

Black leather in a desert? Ain't that gonna get a bit too hot in the sun?

In other news, a quite decent hangover from imbibing a LOT of craft beers last night.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I woke up this morning and wasn't hungover

Then I stood up and realized that I'm still kinda drunk

The theory is real

I've heard that just means the hangover's gonna catch up to you later in the day, though I've always been spared of that when I got into that situation. 

Oooooh, that be extra hard. Had that a few times.

Luckily it has only come when I have finished drinking at like 7 AM and so and I can go back to sleep and wake up without hangover.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I've heard that just means the hangover's gonna catch up to you later in the day, though I've always been spared of that when I got into that situation.

Nah I'm usually fine if I drink a literal shit ton of water
  • Like 1

Nah I'm usually fine if I drink a literal shit ton of water

A "literal shit ton"? Isn't that still a just ton of water? After all, 1 ton of water and 1 ton of shit will weigh the same...

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Black leather in a desert? Ain't that gonna get a bit too hot in the sun?

In other news, a quite decent hangover from imbibing a LOT of craft beers last night.

It's only too hot when you leave the car in the sun for a while, but it only takes about 5 minutes for it to cool down again.  Not so bad.

Got a raise at work, but i think its because the only guy I can understand is leaving in a few months and they want to retain me even if it means making the already difficult language barrier almost impossible to deal with. I cant wait to get an office job. I just cant deal with catering much longer.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today, I found out my sister's pregnant... She's 14..  :notalk:

• Like 2

UYQBsXY.png

Bellatrixae | The Newbie 

heart_border__pink_white__by_revpixy-d6h

Bellatrixae.png

Got a raise at work, but i think its because the only guy I can understand is leaving in a few months and they want to retain me even if it means making the already difficult language barrier almost impossible to deal with. I cant wait to get an office job. I just cant deal with catering much longer.

where are you?

Today, I found out my sister's pregnant... She's 14..  :notalk:

You must have wonderful parents.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

My guess is they are religious and really stressed "waiting till marriage"

RPG is in Philly area, IIRC.

Today, I might have just lost a really good friend.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Finally got around to running an RPG about a week and a half ago, and I have a feeling that none of my players take me seriously. I'd be frustrated if not for the fact that in a few more sessions they'll probably be conditioned to my usual irreverent style, and that's when the mind games will begin  :twss: 

Finally got around to running an RPG about a week and a half ago, and I have a feeling that none of my players take me seriously. I'd be frustrated if not for the fact that in a few more sessions they'll probably be conditioned to my usual irreverent style, and that's when the mind games will begin  :twss:

What are you playing? I've been playing D&D 5e for about 3ish months now.

----

I'm currently sick.  Just downed some NyQuil so I'm going to pass out real soon.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've basically ported Fire Emblem into a play-by-post game, so there's a big cast that has to agree on a strategy for every turn... Perfect for that sort of thing.

How is 5E, anyway?

I think I've got pneumonia. Ive been having breathing problems all afternoon/night. :\

Popoto.~<3

D&D 5E is brilliant and simple. Using fire emblem for inspiration sounds tremendous.

I live in the suburban area outside of Philly, but I work in a kitchen where I'm the only native english speaker.

I've basically ported Fire Emblem into a play-by-post game, so there's a big cast that has to agree on a strategy for every turn... Perfect for that sort of thing.

How is 5E, anyway?

I've been having a good time with 5e.  It feels like 3.5 (which is the only other version I've played), but the parts that were over complicated have streamlined.  Really enjoyable overall.  Our current game we've been making some small changes and blending in some pathfinder rules.

I would say that 5e is has a really solid rule set that's easy to pick up for new players and has good versatility for more experienced ones.  Although in all fairness I'm yet to play it past 3rd level so I can't comment on the later game stuff. 

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Basically it has stricter class settings. In early editions you could be a giant rogue that was particularly good at swimming, but in 5e, your race and class restrict you more