Leoo

Today...

Well, first of all, tickets aren't $10. Student tickets are usually pretty cheap (ours were $15), but other tickets are usually $50-$100. For big games, you'll have to pay upwards of $200 for a ticket. And then factor in the fact that these stadiums are enormous (Faurot Stadium seats 75k, the Swamp seats 90k), and ticket revenue becomes pretty significant.

Mizzou isn't a huge school, but they'll still pull in close to $100m this year, almost entirely from football. Some schools will get more than double that.

Football in power 5 conferences is absolutely a cash cow. They make so much money, it's ridiculous.

Even in conferences with reduced scholarships and smaller stadiums, schools still operate with budgets in the tens of millions.

Teams are only unprofitable when they make longer term, more expensive investments into their program (expanding their stadiums, hiring more expensive coaches, increasing scholarships, upgrading facilities), but the vast majority pay off.

Outside of those large investments, a football program's actual deficit will only be about 40-50% of its revenue. The other 50-60% gets put into other sports primarily, with the rest being used however the university wants to use it. Typically, a football program will fund every other sport, then the leftovers + basketball revenue gets reinvested into the school. Whatever's leftover gets marked as profit and is usually saved for a rainy day.

The only real exception is HBCUs, like Gambling St., but I don't want to open that can of worms.

• Like 2

Yeah I suppose that's all a fair point, I didn't realize that they were able to sell so many non-student tickets at higher prices/compete with other professional sports. Title IX stuff still drags its feet in terms of costs though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So, I may wind up swapping phones after all. I'm looking at the ASUS ZenFone 2 now.

I bought this phone, then broke the screen. I ordered and installed a replacement screen, but the double-sided tape didn't hold, so I had to take it apart again. The second time around, I broke the antenna connector off the main board, and turned the phone into a small wifi tablet.

I haven't had to solder anything this fine before, and am not confident in my ability to do so.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

So, I may wind up swapping phones after all. I'm looking at the ASUS ZenFone 2 now.

I bought this phone, then broke the screen. I ordered and installed a replacement screen, but the double-sided tape didn't hold, so I had to take it apart again. The second time around, I broke the antenna connector off the main board, and turned the phone into a small wifi tablet.

I haven't had to solder anything this fine before, and am not confident in my ability to do so.

Don't mean to intrude, but might I suggest investing in a less fragile phone next time around?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Not an intrusion at all, although I think my lack of finesse and patience is more to blame than the durability of the phone. I have ordered another, which is set to arrive tomorrow, and a few protective cases of various styles.

I will probably try to repair the original phone eventually, and may try to sell it (with full disclosure) if successful.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Ordered 5 ties from AliExpress. Cost me 8€, all together.

I haven't gotten cheated on there yet and it ain't my first order. But I do wonder, how the [bleep]ing hell can everything be so cheap there.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I haven't gotten cheated on there yet and it ain't my first order. But I do wonder, how the [bleep]ing hell can everything be so cheap there.

Sweatshop labour and acquisition directly from the source.
  • Like 1

Because it's trash.

All hell breaking lose at mizzou tonight

The whole thing seems ridiculous to me, what's your take on it?

Hmm, seems as if I'm going to get a myself an S4 on Friday after I get paid. Walmart is offering a $100 gift card if I get it on a new plan with the carrier I am with anyway. My current phone is dying and the S4 is basically the slightly more buff equivalent. Since I am happy with what I have and I can get $60 free after I pay off the remaining $40 on my current phone, why not?

All hell breaking lose at mizzou tonight

The whole thing seems ridiculous to me, what's your take on it?

Definitely a problem with racism in the midwest, but the removal of administration is ridiculous, it's been anarchy here.

Speaking of crazy football-related news, a player is being investigated for taunting a police dog, which (among other similar laws) is apparently a third degree felony in all 50 states. Crazy living in America...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

AliExpress is as much trash as is anything in Wal-Mart or Macy's.

Everything is made in China.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Living in Canada I struggle finding anything online that is cheap. [bleep].

j0xPu5R.png

Well today I got Fallout 4, but my graphics cards setup can't handle it (the rest of the computer  can). Guess I'll have to upgrade the graphics cards (currently dual GTX 550ti in SLI) earlier than I wanted to do it, and not for the card that I wanted. Was going for the 980ti ($900 CAD), waiting until the prices lower in 2016, but might go for an 9** series card still but much lower instead so I can play recent games with higher fps. Currently going 25 to 45 fps on Fallout 4, while going 90-120 on GTA5 at the same resolution.

That sucks.

At least I just got a new job that pays $8k more per year than my last job.

Living in Canada I struggle finding anything online that is cheap. [bleep].

Australia called.

Popoto.~<3

I'm eventually moving to either Canada or denmark. I like denmark better, but it's way further and includes a stronger language barrier

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Well today I got Fallout 4, but my graphics cards setup can't handle it (the rest of the computer  can). Guess I'll have to upgrade the graphics cards (currently dual GTX 550ti in SLI) earlier than I wanted to do it, and not for the card that I wanted. Was going for the 980ti ($900 CAD), waiting until the prices lower in 2016, but might go for an 9** series card still but much lower instead so I can play recent games with higher fps. Currently going 25 to 45 fps on Fallout 4, while going 90-120 on GTA5 at the same resolution.

That sucks.

At least I just got a new job that pays $8k more per year than my last job.

I purchased a GTX 970 on sale for cheap. Runs it beautifully.

j0xPu5R.png

Spent the last week in Vegas. Still tired as shit. Going to Greece for a week in 2 days, then back to Vegas straight after for another week. Been one of the craziest months of my life. 

Oh and i read the other day that apparently South Africa's president (Jacob Zuma) is the highest paid most inefficient president in the world. [bleep]ing disgusting. But i also saw that the Democratic Alliance is getting a lot more votes. Historically it was predominantly whites who voted DA, and black would vote ANC. But a lot of the black folks are finally seeing what poison the ANC has become. I think it's still only the lesser educated black people living in the rural areas who'll be voting ANC. They're still brainwashed into thinking that "whites are building an army to slaughter the black". 

I still have zero hope for SA to ever become relevant again. They'll be Zimbabwe #2 in no time at all.

Spent the last week in Vegas. Still tired as shit. Going to Greece for a week in 2 days, then back to Vegas straight after for another week. Been one of the craziest months of my life. 

Oh and i read the other day that apparently South Africa's president (Jacob Zuma) is the highest paid most inefficient president in the world. [bleep]ing disgusting. But i also saw that the Democratic Alliance is getting a lot more votes. Historically it was predominantly whites who voted DA, and black would vote ANC. But a lot of the black folks are finally seeing what poison the ANC has become. I think it's still only the lesser educated black people living in the rural areas who'll be voting ANC. They're still brainwashed into thinking that "whites are building an army to slaughter the black". 

I still have zero hope for SA to ever become relevant again. They'll be Zimbabwe #2 in no time at all.

Don't worry, we have a few hundred congressmen here who are highly paid and also horribly inefficient...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I accidentally shipped ~200 cockroaches to my old address instead of my current one. 

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”