Leoo

Today...

Soooo,

I woke up in my suit at 8 AM today.

Still hungover from the weekend.

Had massive celebrations over the weekend, a performance with our choir and more stuff.

Also, turns out I will be performing at the university ball aswell, so I have free entry.

Now I only need to find a girl to go with...

weren't you just complaining about having 2 or 3 girls into you like last week lol

• Like 1

Trudeau wants to bring in 25,000 refugees in a month. It's impossible to properly vet that many people in a month.

Absolutely, the only containing factors being that he plans to focus on those in refugee camps leaving us higher chances of legitimate refugees unless someone is playing the long con.

Alongside this they are looking at initially hosting these refugees on forces bases used such facilities as the cadet camps for a settlement period of ~3 months based upon last week's staff check for contracts regarding the situation.

Soooo,

I woke up in my suit at 8 AM today.

Still hungover from the weekend.

Had massive celebrations over the weekend, a performance with our choir and more stuff.

Also, turns out I will be performing at the university ball aswell, so I have free entry.

Now I only need to find a girl to go with...

weren't you just complaining about having 2 or 3 girls into you like last week lol

Yeah, but to the only university ball.

That's serious thing.

And I invited one girl already, who unfortunately couldn't come.

And I am worried about the opposite tendencies. Here in Estonia racism has risen thanks to the bloody terrorists. Black students get stones thrown at them, a black American soldier got beaten up last weekend... When there are 3 black people in the country and everyone knows them, it used to be okay. Now we have more coloured people aswell, but we have turned into serious xenophobes.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

25000 is just an arbitrary number. I'm more concerned by the tight deadline (end of year). It's forcing the government to make some questionable decisions (Ralph Goodale even suggested refugees could be screened in Canada instead of prior to arrival).

I admit I'm also perplexed by people positing that we have a moral obligation to take refugees running from the atrocities of ISIS, but no such obligation to try to prevent the atrocities from happening in the first place. Personally I think neither thing is a moral obligation, but I can understand if you think both are.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

There's a good reason Middle Eastern countries, like Qatar, have avoided/refused to take in any refugees. They are a burden on the local population (maybe not immediately, but they will be at some point). Additionally, the crime rate is only bound to go up. Then, of course, there are the obvious reasons (for other countries, not Qatar) for not wanting to take any (more) refugees such as religion and culture. You open your home to them, and a few weeks later they start complaining about Christmas decorations, lack of Mosques, etc. They are unwilling and/or unable to adapt and adjust and as a result they start demanding things be catered towards their wants/needs (specifically in terms of their religion). Before you know it, your city/town is New-Syria. 

It's a cruel and ignorant mindset to have, but this is survival of the fittest. The middle east, for the most part, is a shithole. It always has been, and it always will be. Long before the terrorists, and long after (if ever) they're gone. It's not the terrorism that have ruined these countries, it's the basic mindset and mentality of the people. The only way you can change that is by giving them a "western" education. But even then, largely due to their religion, there's little hope. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Qatar only wants slaves, not refugees.

Damn, shots fired.

-----------------

Found a super awesome job opening that's entry level, in my field, and almost exactly where I wanted to be living.  It's too perfect, there's no way I'm going to get it.  But I'm trying to write a cover letter for it right now anyways.  The industry standard starting salary is much higher than anything I expected to be getting too, although I've read that they tend to underpay since it's a company that hires a lot of new grads.  But we're talking $15k over what I was expecting for the low end of the starting salary range.

So of course, I'm way over hyped for a job that I probably won't even get considered for.  If I had my HAZWOPER cert I think I'd have a shot, but it's too late for me to get that before applying for the job.

• Like 1

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

It's a Hydrogeologist position.  The application says HAZWOPER is a plus (as opposed to a requirement) so it probably has more to do with possible interaction with hazardous material than that being a main part of the job.  Some of the work that the company does is with brownfield/superfund/generally contaminated sites, so I would imagine they want to be able to have anyone do that work as opposed to being limited on who they can have on site.

• Like 1

15cbz0y.jpg

ADMIN POST:If the whole ISIS/refugee discussion is going to keep going/start again, I'd prefer it happen in another thread, if someone wants to make one. 

If not, I'll probably make the thread myself rather than move posts (none of the recent posts stood out to me as a good OP), and just move any posts made after that point into the new thread.

• Like 1

I think it was relevant to "today" in light of the fact many posts had to do with events of the past couple days. But that's why I teased about making a new thread when I introduced the topic :p

TO'Day I committed to a new car, found RNGesus in my phone game, finished game of thrones (thus far), had some beers and found a parking ticket on my car despite having parked there nearly once a week since August. Overall good day

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've been approved for a place I applied for, I sign the lease on wednesday next week. I can finally move out of this shithole.

Popoto.~<3

Was at a training at my new workplace.

Still hard to fathom how large and succesful the company is.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Damn i just realised that throughout this year, every time i have been in Greece, i've been mostly eating at the same place. There's a bakery near the hotel i usually stay in that make the most delicious sandwiches and spanakopita and that's pretty much all i've been eating. Today i walk into the bakery and the guy asked me "same as always?"

• Like 1

I love being treated like a regular. Makes me feel special. I visited my campus bar a few months ago and the bartendress remembered me even though I graduated the year before. Feelsgood.jpeg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My friend is super outgoing and I go to the bar with him more than anyone else.  He's introduced me to the same bartender a bunch of times trying to set us up or whatever and I still don't think she really remembers who I am.  And he wonders why I haven't made a move.  If someone doesn't remember me after being introduced like 8 times, I kinda get the feeling they're not interested in sleeping with me haha. That said, she is quite attractive.

At school, one of the campus bars had a bartender who gave me free shots and stuff. But I think that had to do more with the fact that she was friends with a bunch of my friends.

15cbz0y.jpg

So I successfully installed FreeBSD on my primary computer. Since it has a UEFI BIOS, partitioning the main drive so I could have an encrypted filesystem was pretty involved. After screwing up a few times, I ended up writing a few shell scripts and (after fixing any issues with the shell scripts) got everything set up smooth as butter.

But... FreeBSD doesn't support the internal wireless card chipest I have on the desktop. And I only have a single Ethernet cable, because it seems the rest ran off with socks and hair pins and other mythical items to Nowhere Land. And this single Ethernet cable is connected between the wireless router and the modem.

The default FreeBSD install is pretty useless without being able to install software. Doesn't even come with sudo (I have to use su, which is more cumbersome to say the least). There's essentially nothing I can do at this point without internet connectivity.

So I have to wait for an Ethernet cable from Amazon. Urgh.

However, installing and configuring FreeBSD was exceedingly nice. Outside of the small gotcha with my UEFI motherboard and the FreeBSD EFI boot loader not supporting ZFS, it went well. The documentation (man pages and on-site handbook) is simply amazing. Much better than Linux distributions amateurish guides and wikis. I also much prefer the consistency of FreeBSD. Again, Linux distributions feel hacked together... Like a car made out of some decent hobbyist engine, but shoved in some duck-taped hodgepodge of a car trying to be fashionable.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Another good grade in Microbiology great.

Had a job interview - got invited to the second stage of interviews - completed that - we'll see what happens.

They readvertised the position so it makes me slightly nervous.

I feel so exhausted all the time here. I had breakfast with the president of my university because it's international week apparently.

They really do a lot for international students, it's nice.

Anyway I am so tired even thinking about my weekend ahead.

I'm leaving campus tomorrow afternoon and will be back on Monday. I am off to Toronto for a day and then on Friday morning we head to Ottawa.

After that we're off to Montreal and finally Quebec City on saturday night. We should be back in Toronto very late on sunday and then I'll finally get a bus back to the city my University is in. This should be about 2am and I'll get a taxi back up to where I live.

This is the travelling lifestyle I've always looked forward to  :D

I finally get to have a weekend away of my own.

We could almost meet, but I just moved out of Quebec City, I'm 1 hour away now lol.

• Like 1

Quebec city and Montreal are both really cool. I suppose Toronto is too, but I've spent so much time there it's lost its novelty.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti