Leoo

Today...

Was great. Will always remember how nice it was. Slightly awkwardly rolled up to someone's house to give them yule log because we thought that it was the house of our hostess but it was in fact a woman who had just given birth. We small talked for about 20 minutes then came back to build ourselves a gingerbread house.

Was great. Will always remember how nice it was. Slightly awkwardly rolled up to someone's house to give them yule log because we thought that it was the house of our hostess but it was in fact a woman who had just given birth. We small talked for about 20 minutes then came back to build ourselves a gingerbread house.

Good lawD that [bleep] just pooped a baby out

When I woke up on Christmas, it was so foggy outside that it actually gave everything a white-ish tint. Hey, if you can't celebrate the weather you want, celebrate the weather you have. It actually works out, since I only got around to changing the oil and throwing winter tires on the car this afternoon, when it was warm and sunny. The way they're talking about it, we're getting a blizzard tomorrow.

Ended up with a Star Wars themed Christmas. No arguments here. Also, DVD drive and SD card reader notwithstanding, I have finally replaced every component that came from my old PC. The performance impact will be minimal if anything (new, faster RAM), but I've doubled the number of case fans, so I shouldn't have temperature issues anymore, even in the summer.

If I had to guess, the drinking age in most provinces is 19 because that's the voting age (and I think the age of legal adulthood). Also, it prevents grade 12 students from buying liquor for all their high school buddies (in theory). Frankly, from a social perspective, I think that works out nicely, since it's typically illegal for anyone in highschool to drink, but legal for everyone in university or college to drink. It puts everyone in the same boat.

I'm in downtown Los Angeles currently by myself, completely lost, and I finally found a bathroom. Things were about to get bad there.

Anyways, Southern California has been fun so far.

If I had to guess, the drinking age in most provinces is 19 because that's the voting age (and I think the age of legal adulthood).

Uhh, no it isn't.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Saw an actress from a series I watch on a ferry to the Toronto islands. The islands are creepy af during the winter but it was totally worth going. We Got awesome pictures. I think we're getting drunk and partying tonight and probably exchanging money into usd tomorrow and then Monday will be a museum day before we [bleep] off to the United States. First visit to the USA since I was three years old.

Editing so I don't double post :

Bloody hell the lecherous guys that don't leave you alone! @[email protected]

Went out in Toronto and it was good except entry fee was pricey. Bouncer took my phone whilst I withdrew money. Really got nervous. Overall it was good but these creepy guys literally followed us around the club. Yeah you're thirsty but when someone says no they don't have to give a reason ffs.

My grandma added me on fb lol. Bloody awkward cause she is beyond out of touch to the point where she has no idea I even have had a boyfriend for two years or drink etc and my mum knows and is obviously chill with my lifestyle but I can imagine my grandma's horror so I'll just let the friend request sit there while I figure out what to do. When I say out of touch I mean she literally thinks we shouldn't date outside the region of West African guys due to cultural clashes loool.

For Christmas, my parents gave my brother the weights (squat stands, bench, oly bar, some plates) I spent several hundred dollars on in 2013 for myself. The real kicker is that I now need to ask for my brother's permission to use his weights! Oh well. If I've learned anything from looking for advice online it's that I should cherish my family no matter what and stop being such an angsty teenager haha

For Christmas, my parents gave my brother the weights (squat stands, bench, oly bar, some plates) I spent several hundred dollars on in 2013 for myself. The real kicker is that I now need to ask for my brother's permission to use his weights! Oh well. If I've learned anything from looking for advice online it's that I should cherish my family no matter what and stop being such an angsty teenager haha

That's actually pretty [bleep]ed up; how can they give them something that they didn't own?

If you legitimately owned those items they have no right to give them to someone else. Legally, you would be entitled to take them back.

Whether it's worth your while to do so is another question.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well Horatio if your an adult who isn't economically dependant on your parents then you get to renegotiate the terms of your relationship.

If they have a habit of cutting you off mid-sentence then email your message them if not call them up and tell them that if you wish to continue having a relationship with me you are going to have to change x,y,and z.

After that you follow through,

1.) If they aren't keeping up with their end of the deal then don't call them or visit them.

2.) If they call you tell them that aren't following x,y, or z and you already said you don't wish to talk to them again until that has changed.

3.) For guilt trips remember you have the right to do this and past favors don't mean they can sidestep your boundaries in a relationship.

4.) If they violate any boundary in that relationship, leave instantly as it happens. 

Also I shouldn't have to add that all this applies to romantic relationships too.

Edit: I'd like to add that your parents must've been miserable growing up. I think I understand where your anxiety around women comes from.

If you legitimately owned those items they have no right to give them to someone else. Legally, you would be entitled to take them back.

Whether it's worth your while to do so is another question.

And then you can call the morning news and get on TV!  :rolleyes:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Oh bother, I wasn't actually looking for advice. I think it's what the young people today call "venting" haha

Anyway, I have a roof over my head and I'm getting food and utilities for free. I'm only here until mid-January. I'll be turning 24 in October, at which point I can declare independence for financial aid and the money I should get from uncle Sam will hopefully be more than the housing/food/insurance I'm getting from my parents. I just need to tough it out a little bit longer and then I can do my own thing.

Edit:

I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 208 pounds and change, which is still very overweight, but considering I haven't been this light since 2011 and I was somewhere between 270 and 280 earlier this year, I'm pretty content with it

• Like 3

you and me both :lol:

&& I give uninvited advice because lurkers in your situation may benefit from it

I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 208 pounds and change, which is still very overweight, but considering I haven't been this light since 2011 and I was somewhere between 270 and 280 earlier this year, I'm pretty content with it

Congratulations! That is a big change and must have taken a lot of effort.

Today I realized the usps logo is an eagle and not some sort of weird horn

If I had to guess, the drinking age in most provinces is 19 because that's the voting age (and I think the age of legal adulthood).

Uhh, no it isn't.

So it's not. I guess it's been a while :lol:

Finally got some of that stormy weather. Despite the ground not being frozen (10C Christmas day, I think even warmer on boxing day), yesterday's snowfall has stuck around, and thanks to the municipalities uncharacteristic lackadaisical approach to plowing residential roads, we now have a lovely sheet of ice for a road. Normally, the snowplow operators would have been out in force racking up overtime. I expect that after last year, the government has reigned that behavior in so that we aren't looking at our snow clearing budget in the rear view mirror by the end of January again. 

Someone finally reminded me about the steam Winter sale, which by the looks of it, is the best sale. A couple of games I've been really wanting poped up at prices I couldn't pass up, while some other games I half want at cheap enough to tease me.

That's some pretty awesome dedication Horatio.

Uhh, no it isn't.

So it's not. I guess it's been a while :lol:

Finally got some of that stormy weather. Despite the ground not being frozen (10C Christmas day, I think even warmer on boxing day), yesterday's snowfall has stuck around, and thanks to the municipalities uncharacteristic lackadaisical approach to plowing residential roads, we now have a lovely sheet of ice for a road. Normally, the snowplow operators would have been out in force racking up overtime. I expect that after last year, the government has reigned that behavior in so that we aren't looking at our snow clearing budget in the rear view mirror by the end of January again. 

Someone finally reminded me about the steam Winter sale, which by the looks of it, is the best sale. A couple of games I've been really wanting poped up at prices I couldn't pass up, while some other games I half want at cheap enough to tease me.

That's some pretty awesome dedication Horatio.

I hear one of the big issues in that area with snowplowing this year is that they contracted more of it out. Lots of criticism for contractors out there.

Fell asleep with my AC on 2 nights ago. Woke up with a cold. Kinda think i'll have to cancel my plans for NYE, which is probably for the best. I'm thinking i might just spend it at home. Not sure with whom yet, but i'll decide tomorrow. Even if i end up spending it alone, it's still going to be better than last year when we spent the evening with the DEA. This year i'm thinking some soup, beer, and movies instead.

Hung out with Horatio for a bit today. Are we the first TIF members to meet in person? (Outside of prior knowing each other)

• Like 3

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hung out with Horatio for a bit today. Are we the first TIF members to meet in person? (Outside of prior knowing each other)

Pretty sure I've read about a few posters meeting up over the years. Seems like a couple met up like within the last few months but I could be wrong

77yLQy8.png

I've organized a few small meet ups with friends in the UK over the last few years, mainly with people in the Hyt friends chat. It was great fun

• Like 2

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg