Leoo

Today...

Were nationalistic because we were never told (taught?) Not to be. Swinging our big American flag around for almost 200 years meant freedom and victory for the good of its citizens. European nationalism often results in international conflict due to proximity to other large, pure cultures. America is free for anyone to join in on (at least it that was the idea 200 years ago) and who's gonna fight us about it? Mexico? But I think most of European aversion to nationalism is because they're smart enough to have realized it's basically what sparked both world wars.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There's plenty of nationalism left in Europe.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Why are your personal projects closed source?

And even if they are closed for a good reason, the packages/modules you write for them should still be able to be open sourced without jeopardizing anything. We all know that Facebook is closed source, but they still have this: https://code.facebook.com/projects/

I sell scripts for a popular browser based mmo some of us might have heard of ;). Closed source for obvious reasons.

I'm working on a gambling site with a java back end that I want to keep closed source.

I can write some chan forums open source and an open source dating app/site although if I write that I could try and market it even though that market is over saturated.

& I write little simple apps for myself that are a bit too simple to show off

• Like 1

Ok so first of all, scripts aren't penises, don't worry about them being too small to show off. An active Github is a great asset when you're looking for jobs.

Another thing: don't worry about market saturation. Almost every exploitable market is saturated by now. Just try to get experience, and try to give potential employers proof that you know what you're doing.

And that leads to another thing: if the market's already saturated, nobody will steal from you, and it won't matter if they do. They could just as easily use code from a different project that's better written, updated more frequently, and documented better. If they do use your code, it won't have an affect on your success, because your success is determined more by management and marketing than anything else

Tl;dr: just open source everything and don't worry about it

• Like 1

Yeah guess it will give me an excuse to clean up some of those bigger projects I've got that have become a complete mess & I've been too lazy to fix it since it works still.

Stuff like 3 different classes that are doing essentially the same thing

Completely outgrew my original framework

No documentation

Code thats over a year old and is cringe worthy now

Unoptimized and redundant code everywhere

There's plenty of nationalism left in Europe.

This is true and I can only speak for the United Kingdom.

"nationalist" as a word in the UK is often seen as a word that describes people in far right movements such as Britain first or the English defence league. You see all over Facebook people complaining that we're not allowed to be proud of the UK for fear of being labelled racist or other terms. The union jack is used in logos of some companies to denote British origin but you don't see them flown around often. Even flying the English flag itself can make people judge you negatively.

I don't have an opinion on any of this. My previous concern about America and my worries about going there have a lot to do with guns and police violence.

[quote name="MuffinMaddy" post="5582564"

I don't have an opinion on any of this. My previous concern about America and my worries about going there have a lot to do with guns and police violence.

Yeah the odds of you dealing with police violence is incredibly unlikely. Media blows this stuff up.

• Like 3

Yeah the odds of you dealing with police violence is incredibly unlikely. Media blows this stuff up.

I had a severe psychotic break (maybe the worst I've had yet) a couple days ago. I thought about calling emergency services, but then I had no idea what they would do. First concern was being killed by a police officer, second was being involuntarily committed, third was the call being intercepted and federal agents being sent instead... So I didn't call them and suffered for several hours until my brother got home and I felt a bit safer.

Going to discuss this with my therapist, since I have an appointment tomorrow. Such an issue has never occurred before (i.e., the severe break and my being home completely alone at night [or some other unfamiliar/unsettling situation, like say being in public]; at most it was two of the three).

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

[quote name="MuffinMaddy" post="5582564"

and you're damn right.

It's just so stupid that I've allowed myself to get all anxious over something that is highly unlikely.

I was genuinely nervous on the first day and then I chilled the [bleep] out and had an awesome time for the rest of the trip.

Our media doesn't favour America lol.

I saw loads of people posing for pictures with police officers but I've never had trouble with police before. In my life they've done good things for my family and I. I see a lot of hate for them.

So one issue I've had since I've moved out of the house was the lack of cable. Don;t get me wrong Netflix and youtube are great but I miss Direct TV mostly for Sportscenter. So I found out while West Virginia University was playing Arizona State University that I can watch ESPN live with linking my parents DTV to my internet in the apartment. So happy now :)

We (ASU) played so horribly, I couldn't even force myself to stay awake for the conclusion of the game.

Pick up a Roku or AppleTV, I'm been "cord cutting" for the past year or so now, to stream TV using my parent's TV subscription. Works well enough that I don't see myself picking up a cable subscription of my own anytime soon. 

• Like 1

tFtfA.jpg

This bowl season was awful

This bowl season was awful

Yeah it was pretty much a let down. Only good new year 6 bowl was Houston and Florida State and even then it was kinda a blowout. The issue is there are too many bowl games which create mediocre match ups at best. I'm pulling Alabama in the championship game because I despise Clemson and ACC so much. Also Nick Sabin is from West Virginia (where I was born) so that's kinda cool I guess.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I feel the same way, this bowl season was disappointing, but it was bit fun this year because I ended up going out to Pasadena to watch the Cotton Bowl and we ended up getting a few Iowa students smashed in the process.  

• Like 1

tFtfA.jpg

My little cousin thought it would be funny to shoot silly string at people in Pasadena camping out for the rose parade 

db263210a11dfdf19913e1719d6b0b22.png

So I somehow managed to get an A in a class that I went to one day out of the half semester. The semester was split between learning AutoCAD and Inventor, but due to transitioning from an internship to full time (10 hour days, 2 p.m. to ~12 a.m.) coupled with class at 7 a.m. to 11, then from 12 to 2, I couldn't manage to go to all of my classes, so the Inventor class suffered, but for some reason I got an A for a final grade.

• Like 2

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Drove over a speed-bump at ~100kmph with my dad's Porsche. [bleep] hate when they don't paint the things properly and you only see them when you're already on them. Front bumper is pretty much [bleep]ed. Thank god for insurance.

Cause people were speeding too much. And by speeding i mean 150+. And it's a road leading to residential areas. i actually don't think the speed limit is still supposed to be 100, they probably just never bothered changing it.

Cause people were speeding too much. And by speeding i mean 150+. And it's a road leading to residential areas. i actually don't think the speed limit is still supposed to be 100, they probably just never bothered changing it.

Ok. At least that makes sense. Sucks that they can't be bothered to mark them properly causing property damage, and I doubt complaining to local government would get much done.

Yeah I hate driving my dad's Porsche. It's the worst

• Like 7

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Was that post edited? At the time I'm reading it, it looks like he said he hates that they don't paint the speed bumps and I interpreted it as him being upset that he damaged something of value belonging to another person. I agree though, [bleep] people who have nice things.

• Like 1

Was that post edited? At the time I'm reading it, it looks like he said he hates that they don't paint the speed bumps and I interpreted it as him being upset that he damaged something of value belonging to another person. I agree though, [bleep] people who have nice things.

I'm sure Rpg was making a joke to highlight the wealth disparity between Noxx and his family and the average OTer and his/her family. Like the first world problem jokes do to the average Western citizen when comparing our petty complaints to those of third world countries...

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

I caught someone breaking into the vacant house next door and called it in... they had used a wooden stool to knock out a basement window at the back of the house, through which they gained entry.

Cops showed up as the intruders were walking out the front door, which they locked behind them. With a 911 call, my statement, the stool lying next to a broken window, and two people matching given descriptions, nobody got a free car ride. I'm a little confused, slightly concerned about retaliation, and kind of curious what the police report will look like.

• Like 1

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837