Leoo

Today...

Could have sworn she was foreign. But hey, at least we got one

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'd say Hayden Panettiere

TANSTAAFL

The strong taboo of men entering women's restrooms greatly decreases the likelihood for voyeurism.

Your argument isn't comparable. It's more akin to gun control where both parties being disarmed in an argument prevents people acting on rash decisions. Think Zimmerman

No, you're wrong. My analogy is flawed in some part, yes, but not as you appear to think (and your analogy makes zero sense). First of all, transgender females (i.e., male-to-female) are not men, so men are not using women's restrooms. Secondly, unless you can show me numbers of sexual assaults committed under the guise of being transgender, your opinion is worthless like those who pushed the "Bathroom Bill" through the NC legislature, sorry to say.

A law against a non-existent threat is a pointless law. Even worse, this is a law to disenfranchise a minority further under the guise of a non-existent threat.

But since MTF are no longer identify as male and no longer appear as such, and since there is no data supporting predators using a transgender guise to commit sexual assault, you can only attempt to be pedantic or arrogant (you took a discrete math course, wow, good job!) like the last time this discussion appeared. If so, I'm not furthering the discussion.

You need to write a law that protects him:

FTM transgender

[hide]

BuckAngel1-s.jpg

[/hide]

But not these girls from tumblr i found on the agender tumblr tag

[hide]

518224d8ce92a3a81baa86b33d089048.png

bbec59420aeef191924779f59f7eb149.png

[/hide]

Theres a level of commitment to gender expression such as surgeries or hormones that ought to be accounted for, but no one supports tumblrettes appropriating trans culture. 

As far as my example earlier, why is gender neutral bathrooms a potential safety hazard (on top of efficiency and hygiene issues)

Imagine your a very hot girl, so hot you won TIFs latest Miss Hottie 2k16. You deal with creepers on a daily basis - you really do don't argue with this one. You know what really improves your day being followed to the bathroom and recorded with your pants down. 

But why doesn't that happen already? Because the strong taboo of gendered restrooms prevents the said creepers from being able to nonchalantly enter the bathroom to "wash their hands" and pull out their cell phone and wait until your pants are down before pulling out their phone and filming for 10 seconds before you notice and they run out before you can identify them.

Where does this hypothetical come from? Statistics about the prevelence of upskirt related voyeurism in public already. How much worse would it be if a victim is literally caught with their pants down.

To reiterate I do not support this law at all. I think its [bleep]ed up, but I definitely need to express how bad of an idea unisex restrooms are. To reiterate one more time, I think the law needs to account for the level of commitment in gender expression. 

Commitment

[hide]

5e2aadd0b3660f149e2b6333cf5f7e26.png

[/hide]

Tumblrette

[hide]

30f369a35bfb71fc3f9ec1b6a2902ef2.png

[/hide]

Commitment

[hide]

rvchr9rdtla27mvztxzs.jpg

[/hide]

Tumblrette

[hide]

93cd33ee4b4aaaf1bd4b8781e5e81455.png

[/hide]

My idea of attributes is that they aren't decided by yourself. If I decide I am trustworthy but everyone knows me as a liar what does it matter what I label myself.

If I wish to change that attribute it takes a level of commitment over a length of time to change that attribute.

Which is what really annoys me about tumblrettes who demand the recognition that comes with being trans without putting in the commitment.

I've been too busy lately to pay attention to what's been happening in North Carolina but for as observer from a far, it shows me that we need better education on the subject. There is so much that is unknown about gender/identify that it makes voting for legislation like this hard for the average voter when they know little of the subject. 

tFtfA.jpg

Commitment

[hide]

5e2aadd0b3660f149e2b6333cf5f7e26.png

[/hide]

Tumblrette

[hide]

30f369a35bfb71fc3f9ec1b6a2902ef2.png

[/hide]

Commitment

[hide]

rvchr9rdtla27mvztxzs.jpg

[/hide]

Tumblrette

[hide]

93cd33ee4b4aaaf1bd4b8781e5e81455.png

[/hide]

My idea of attributes is that they aren't decided by yourself. If I decide I am trustworthy but everyone knows me as a liar what does it matter what I label myself.

If I wish to change that attribute it takes a level of commitment over a length of time to change that attribute.

Which is what really annoys me about tumblrettes who demand the recognition that comes with being trans without putting in the commitment.

What if someone doesn't identify with their birth gender but they're poor and don't have the money to afford hormone replacement therapy? Does that get them thrown into your arbitrary category of Tumblrette? What defines commitment?

The bathroom bill is completely unenforceable gender policing and discrimination under the guise of public safety, make no mistake. 

• Like 2

Then who cares about them, since the whole trans-bathroom debate centers around the safety of trans people using bathrooms. Such as a MTF using a mens room getting beat up, or a FTM using a womens room and getting treated like a creepy guy.

If someone has no commitment to altering their gender expression from assigned sex you don't need to make a special case for them.  

As far as my arbitrary catagory, I think its pretty obvious who on there cares about altering their gender in spite of their assigned birth sex and who is bandwagoning. As far as legal definitions its a non issue as stated already.

I like to think I'm trans enough to not be annoyed by that at all, but who knows at this point :v

Even if you're just trying a label, that really doesn't affect anyone. I've never seen anyone but teenage trolls and politicians claim to be some LGBT anything for attention or recognition; that attitude mostly serves to silence and ridicule people who probably are something and are feeling things out. Because gender is a colossal mess and not everyone instantly knows who they are or even that they can be something else (I feel like I don't say this enough but gender is an awful thing that should be hit by a rainbow-colored train).

It's generally pretty awful to have other people who have no idea who you are define you and decide on the validity of your entire life based on one single picture. That's something of a sort of a sore spot among a lot of trans people as far as I can tell, because - surprise - the experts you have to go through aren't free from bias, and are often very strongly influenced by it. Especially since politicians have decided that they have more business policing kids' locker rooms than they do policing the water we drink.

Like, I recognize the handle of the last person you posted. They're actually pretty big on nobinary outreach and awareness, with a consistent and wide-reaching body of work that goes pretty far back... Which is pretty much the opposite of bandwagoning.

• Like 1

I like to think I'm trans enough to not be annoyed by that at all, but who knows at this point :v

Even if you're just trying a label, that really doesn't affect anyone. I've never seen anyone but teenage trolls and politicians claim to be some LGBT anything for attention or recognition; that attitude mostly serves to silence and ridicule people who probably are something and are feeling things out. Because gender is a colossal mess and not everyone instantly knows who they are or even that they can be something else (I feel like I don't say this enough but gender is an awful thing that should be hit by a rainbow-colored train).

It's generally pretty awful to have other people who have no idea who you are define you and decide on the validity of your entire life based on one single picture. That's something of a sort of a sore spot among a lot of trans people as far as I can tell, because - surprise - the experts you have to go through aren't free from bias, and are often very strongly influenced by it. Especially since politicians have decided that they have more business policing kids' locker rooms than they do policing the water we drink.

Like, I recognize the handle of the last person you posted. They're actually pretty big on nobinary outreach and awareness, with a consistent and wide-reaching body of work that goes pretty far back... Which is pretty much the opposite of bandwagoning.

I think having an idea of your gender being different than your sex and acting in a way towards expressing it is commitment. Whether thats dresses and tampons, or hormones and surgeries. 

Trying out a label is something I strongly support. Even the people I called out for being "tumblrettes" aren't harming anyone and are discovering their identity. I bothered to call them out in response to the can of worms I opened up by introducing a requirement for breaking sex assignment bathroom norms while I wholeheartedly support their expressions to discover their gender identity I dont they're getting harmed at the present by being confided to the restroom assigned to their sex. For me the requirement would be a safety concern, such a guy wearing a dress and heels should use the womens restroom if he is concerned that he may get beat up in the mens room.  

I need to apologize here for that. I agree I know nothing about them.

I think you have a flawed understanding of what agender means.

Also, on the experience of the one nonbinary individual I know, agender/nb individuals do use the bathrooms of their "sex", such as that were. I.e. they use the bathrooms they're least likely to receive flack for using.

Am I using the singular they, or the plural one? Who knows! I'm not even sure at this point.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Using the "Tumbrlina" stereotype is just silly. They are the unfunny, non-fictional counterparts to Britta from Community (i.e., some combination of middle-class, privileged, inexperienced, attention-seeking, immature, teenager/young adult). Do you think 4chan, or YouTube, or news sites comments are useful to indicate anything important either? Hint: no, they're just people being stupid on the internet because repercussions don't exist.

ozXHe7P.png

How bout we all use the bathroom we feel most comfortable in and keep the sex taboo at roughly the same page here. If you're MTF, go for the girls room. If you're FTM, go for the men's room. If you're a male, stay out of the the girls room and vice versa. As in basically what we have been doing for years except being a little bit more understanding of trans.

• Like 2

Why the bloody [bleep] is this even an issue?

I don't care whether the dude-looking guy in my men's room has a wiener or not.

Something is just common personal privacy and common sense and it is none of your [bleep]ing business what I do in the bathroom and in which bathroom.

Men don't go to women's room. That's [bleep]ing common courtesy. And if trans people do come into a bathroom, then that's what the stalls are for, also in men's room in the case of FtM.

Sometimes I wonder if people have stopped educating their kids on basic unwritten rules of life that such issues appear.

And some people simply are lunatics and [bleep]ing perverts and there is no law or rule that would stop them. The same way that you can't abolish terrorism by making it illegal. Or abolish suicides by making them illegal. Luckily they are simply such a minority that in everyday life you don't run into them too often.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Using the "Tumbrlina" stereotype is just silly. They are the unfunny, non-fictional counterparts to Britta from Community (i.e., some combination of middle-class, privileged, inexperienced, attention-seeking, immature, teenager/young adult). Do you think 4chan, or YouTube, or news sites comments are useful to indicate anything important either? Hint: no, they're just people being stupid on the internet because repercussions don't exist.

Are you implying those type of people don't exist in real life? I've ran into a few personally.

I made a reply to the discussion but decided I'd rather not continue it [the discussion]. If you read my reply earlier (Sporks, or others), please disregard it.

In other news, I'm waiting on a disc recorder that can burn M-discs. Recently opened a safety deposit box to store off-site backups. The backups will outlive me, assuming storage conditions, which is nice. Going to look into Amazon Glacier for longer-term off-site backups in the event both local sites (home and bank) fail, though that's unlikely.

A few days ago I verified my backup procedure works. Use r-sync to generate a backup in local storage, run a smaller script to backup some miscellaneous files/settings, archive it and compress it with LZMA, pad the file to 4 GB, encrypt it rather A Very Long Passphrase using GnuPG, and sign it with GnuPG. The signature and archive are written to disc (DVD in the test), I verify the backup is correct, and then I drop it off. Takes me a few minutes, and the bank can just be one stop so that's mostly wasteless as well.

The only metadata is the filename, which is something along the line of backup_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.xz.enc, and the data is irretrievable outside of bruteforcing a 256-bit AES key or torturing me, so I'm pretty good!

ozXHe7P.png

Today I got a job as a teacher for the summer in Sicily.

Feeling pretty fabulous.

Also did amazingly in my Microbiology class.

Also drank by myself last night like a saddo

I mean that sounds pretty sick veiva, but I can't think of a single thing I would want THAT protected

Whoa, whoa. Drinking by yourself is nothing to be ashamed of. I bartend, and more often than not I would prefer to drink alone without the social aspect that most people feel needs to coincide with drinking. I don't necessarily drink to get drunk, but I drink recreational as a way to unwind.

• Like 1

I only drink by myself if I'm getting high by myself since it amplifies the high :D

Other than that I only drink w/ others since alcohol makes me super outgoing

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

I mean that sounds pretty sick veiva, but I can't think of a single thing I would want THAT protected

Whether or not I have or will have information that must be protected as such isn't the primary point. It's the moral of the thing, in the chaotic atmosphere regarding privacy, security, and rights. I also use full-disk encryption for the disk FreeBSD is installed on and never leave my computer on if I'm not nearby. When I go to sleep, when I go somewhere, when I'm doing yardwork, etc--the computer is off. It's protected by an equally strong, but unique, passphrase as the backups, and it takes me longer to enter said passphrase than it does to boot (from POST to passphrase prompt/and then to desktop).

The only feasible attack vector (well if you exclude this one) would be a personalized attempt to compromise my system while it's on or during the boot process, assuming access to my data is necessary. But I'd be more likely to win the Powerball (with the new odds) a few times!

Regardless, everyone who has any irreplaceable data on their computer should have an off-site backup. The backup process should be reliable, and tests should be done to ensure the data is still valid and can be restored. An untested backup procedure or local backups are as reliable as no backups at all.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

We go through a similar process for storing medical data at work. Just at a larger scale obviously

Whoa, whoa. Drinking by yourself is nothing to be ashamed of. I bartend, and more often than not I would prefer to drink alone without the social aspect that most people feel needs to coincide with drinking. I don't necessarily drink to get drunk, but I drink recreational as a way to unwind.

Yeah I drink to get drunk. It's pretty problematic to be honest. 

I had the realisation that my drinking is a problem a while ago, but I don't think I drink often enough for me to seek help yet.

* Actually, that's a lie. I've used telephone alcohol counselling on two occasions (momentary success the first time) but the second time I got really angry and hung up.

At this point though I was drinking to numb the pain of some stuff that happened in my last relationship, I went out and met some friends though and overall had a good night out at least.

Overall I'm happy I don't have to babysit a man anymore, but having said that I'm gutted I lost the respect of two of my friends for putting up with him for two years lol

He's using social media to torment me and I'm keeping silent on it but I want to punch him. It's probably a good thing I'm still in Canada but I fly back on Monday and I don't want to face reality. I'm such a sad excuse for a person sometimes although I forgot being single can be really refreshing when you were in a toxic relationship for so long

Just block him. I block anyone on social media that's being way too much of a downer. Never really had anybody specifically targeting me for anything, but that would get an insta-block.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Just block him. I block anyone on social media that's being way too much of a downer. Never really had anybody specifically targeting me for anything, but that would get an insta-block.

He's saying it's his new girlfriend "frape" ing him and writing all that stuff.

I don't care who it is, it's really infuriating me but I'm trying so hard not to bite. Social media drama is something I laugh at, not participate in.

That's the thing, we used to laugh at people like that together. It was a bad relationship but I did think we were really similar in lifestyle, it sucks that it might have all been fake.

He used to say how much he hated limelight and overly amorous couples on social media, but everything he does now screams "look how happy I am".

I blocked him for the vast majority of April then thought last week that I could bring myself to be at least civil. We always thought we'd be civil in the event of me breaking up with him, but he's making it very challenging. I've given up trying and just "unfollowed" his Facebook posts. I don't even have Twitter or anything like that, it's just my friends who didn't know we were done contacting me and asking what's been up. It's okay I just have to let himself make himself look stupid and not respond I guess.