Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Today...

On my way to the airport in about 45 minutes.

My heart's beating pretty fast, first time ever flying completely on my own (no family, no friends) let's do this!

So much for your immigration plan of "oops, I missed my plane". :lol:

Have a good flight and watch out for gremlins. :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

edit: I don't care. This is dull.

*shouldn't care

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

Spoilers don't bother me that much, but I certainly prefer to watch the plot unfold as the writer, producer and director intended with virgin knowledge.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Had a really rough weekend. Helped organize a party for over 460 people.

Have slept maybe 8 hours total over the past 4 days.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Had a really rough weekend. Helped organize a party for over 460 people.

Have slept maybe 8 hours total over the past 4 days.

Have slept about 20 hours in the last 4 days and feel like shit

Have not been able to play video games in like 2 weeks due to work, being sick and passover- and now that I'm playing again I'm just mad because I suck. What is life

I think having always lived on the west coast there has always been a struggle with using the internet when it comes to spoilers. It's not that I think spoilers are the end of the world, but there is this 3 hour window of high alert where you have to be cautious of where you look on the internet or you'll have the simplest but broad plot points revealed or completely spoiled before a show is broadcasted on the west coast.

At about 6PM sharp yesterday I had already seen my twitter feed flooded with headlines like "Jon Snow's fate revealed" which doesn't say much about the story but it let me know that a major, highly anticipated plot point is going to finally be answered in this episode which took a little sparkly out of the big moment. 

So when I found myself discussing the episode today with my coworkers I was more interested in everything else that happened in the episode then with the big, worst keep secret in the history of the show, moment. 

Also all the major players featured so far this season are like boarder the line between super hero/villain and gods. 

• Like 1

tFtfA.jpg

Today, a friend of mine was found dead.

Turns out, I was one of the last people to have spoken to her.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

OMG Saq, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences.  :(

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That's rough saq, I'm sorry

Awful news, Saq. So very sorry. 

Oh man, that's rough. Sorry to hear that

Register for next fall and/or summer tommorow.

They're switching from a quarter system to a semester system next year, and I was worried about it screwing me over but it seems like its actually going to work in my favor. 

Idk I'm glad to almost be done, so tired of school really can't wait for next june

Sorry about your loss Saq :/

I'm about to go see Animal collective tonight. I've been waiting for this since Merriweather Post Pavilion came out when I was in 9th grade so sufficient to say I'm pretty [bleep]ing hype for this, even if their last few albums haven't been as great.

Funeral tomorrow.

Don't know how I'm gonna react there.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I think I would prefer quarterly academic terms over semesters. I'm always really excited and ready to learn at the beginning of every semester, but by the end I lose interest in most of my classes and study poorly, if at all for my finals. I'm sure the same thing would happen with quarters, but I think it would be less pronounced if I took fewer classes with a higher frequency. I feel like I'd be a little more motivated to push myself through something I'm not that into if I knew I only had like 2 months left after the beginning of the term had passed and the novelty had died down. I'd also be able to focus more intensely on classes I'm more interested in because I wouldn't have as much unique stuff to distract me. If I had to guess, I'd say that ultimately it probably wouldn't make that big of a difference in my life either way. I'm sure I'd be anti-quarter if that's what my school used.

I think I would prefer quarterly academic terms over semesters. I'm always really excited and ready to learn at the beginning of every semester, but by the end I lose interest in most of my classes and study poorly, if at all for my finals. I'm sure the same thing would happen with quarters, but I think it would be less pronounced if I took fewer classes with a higher frequency. I feel like I'd be a little more motivated to push myself through something I'm not that into if I knew I only had like 2 months left after the beginning of the term had passed and the novelty had died down. I'd also be able to focus more intensely on classes I'm more interested in because I wouldn't have as much unique stuff to distract me. If I had to guess, I'd say that ultimately it probably wouldn't make that big of a difference in my life either way. I'm sure I'd be anti-quarter if that's what my school used.

5 classes with a quarter system and teachers have midterms at differents times and you literally have a midterm every week for 6 weeks & because i'm powering through to make up for lost time I have 5 difficult classes so its pretty hard to keep up with the work load. I'm happily switching with my only doubt being how it could possibly screw me over timewise.

I'm on a quarter system. Overall I like it and I think I'd prefer it over semesters, for basically how Horatio described. But yeah midterms happen like all the [bleep]ing time so I think it's more stressful on the day to day.

• Like 1

I've been in my new place a week now (a week yesterday technically).  Still no internet, although there's an unsecured network I can sporadically pick up sch as right now.

Should be getting our own internet Tuesday morning.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The last few days I've been taking a hard look at myself and I'm not sure how to describe it. I wonder if there's some horrible cliff I'm moving towards, or one I've already stepped over. My greatest fear is entering a perpetual nightmare--metaphorically or literally.

My social/political views are so far to the left (in the general sense) it's ... disconcerting, when compared to the social/political views of the extremists (current and historic). The media I truly value (music/literature/film) is... all around dark. My philosophy is unmistakably nihilistic. I battle with delusions, paranoid thinking, and uncertain visual phenomena, which results in conflicting thought processes co-existing: a terrifying, inward one that completely accepts the sickness and a pseudo-normal, outward one that completely rejects the sickness.

I fear it's more becoming more obvious in my day-to-day life. Anger, fear, or sadness are always present and positive emotions are fleeting. I believe I've been obsessing over certain things--certain poetry and prose and their authors, privacy and security, among others. The discussions/conversations (mostly online) I involve myself feel bizarre, and pointless, if I take a step back, and my contributions are odd and out-of-place.

There was a period I was receiving help, but I feel it was useless. Any positive benefits of the medication were overshadowed by the negative symptoms (sleeping issues, lethargy, and the beginning of certain involuntary muscle movements), and the professional was antagonistic to my worldview (overly religious) and also completely ignorant about me. The therapists I saw were overworked and I feel they did not have the specific experience with psychosis. Even worse, I believe my last therapist is a pawn, or even an agent, of the greater forces that manipulate this world. It's frustrating because she was the only professional who has ever actually listened.

I could try a different provider, given I have Medicare and Medicaid, but there's not much choice and with the pervasive authority of medication as a panacea--regardless of its effectiveness or the side effects--and prior experience with mental health professionals, I'd rather not. But I don't even have anyone I can look towards for advice or guidance. I appear normal to those I interact with (extended family, neighbors), and it's no place for me to burden my brother.

It's just a mess. I can't even trust myself.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png