Leoo

Today...

That'll last you a year or two so I guess it's worth it, unless you have a rough winter

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

T-1 month until the babies emerge

LWkJTrJ.jpg

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

why on earth would the UK want to remain in the EU, what do they get out of it? I thought most of their trade was to NA anyways.

• Like 1

why on earth would the UK want to remain in the EU, what do they get out of it? I thought most of their trade was to NA anyways.

The financial benefits seem to be worth staying in the EU, but I know very little at the end of the day. And unless I'm reading the site wrong, the United States and North America is only a portion of import/export; by region, European countries are the UK's largest importers/exporters http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/#Destinations

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

true there are benefits. Although if I was in charge and wanted to leave the EU I would just promise to honor all existing treaties until they can be renegotiated.

I'm mainly thinking of the bizarre social reasons people wanna be in it. Such as the EU prevented post WW2 european wars or that travel between countries would be hindered for UK citizens wanting to travel the continent. 

But I'm an American who isn't really invested in it one way or another so I'm curious what the Europeans here think about it.

Yeah the social aspect seems stronger on the leave side. I think the better economic choice would be to remain.

Thus far it looks like leave is performing much better than expected... Scotland/Ireland seem to be voting heavily to stay, but England to leave. If the trend continues leave should win handily, there are way more voters in England.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

or that travel between countries would be hindered for UK citizens wanting to travel the continent.

This is apparently because of how much EU membership streamlines the process of living/traveling abroad, but I don't know the exact details. A lot of the people I've heard speak on the matter are worried about losing that if they voted to leave, especially the ones that had plans to study abroad. There might also have been something about how it'd greatly impact British people living abroad as well? Not entirely sure

I mean Norway has the same travel ability as the UK despite not being in the EU

• Like 1

or that travel between countries would be hindered for UK citizens wanting to travel the continent.

This is apparently because of how much EU membership streamlines the process of living/traveling abroad, but I don't know the exact details. A lot of the people I've heard speak on the matter are worried about losing that if they voted to leave, especially the ones that had plans to study abroad. There might also have been something about how it'd greatly impact British people living abroad as well? Not entirely sure
Basically, from how my Greek tour guide worded it earlier this year, if you are a citizen of the EU you can travel between any other EU nation without a visa (and possibly without a passport) almost as if you were just crossing a state/provincial boundary.

Basically, from how my Greek tour guide worded it earlier this year, if you are a citizen of the EU you can travel between any other EU nation without a visa (and possibly without a passport) almost as if you were just crossing a state/provincial boundary.

Norway has the same treaties without being part of the EU

I've been reading a lot of comments about the Eurocup lately and they're pretty funny. They're always talking about how their team is gonna "rip apart" the other team's defense (which means, what, scoring 2 goals?), or how x game didn't matter because the players were in the wrong mindset because of y, or that their opponents will lose because they've been having trouble scoring (every team has trouble scoring). It's all so ridiculous

Brexit passed. Wut.

• Like 1

I've been reading a lot of comments about the Eurocup lately and they're pretty funny. They're always talking about how their team is gonna "rip apart" the other team's defense (which means, what, scoring 2 goals?), or how x game didn't matter because the players were in the wrong mindset because of y, or that their opponents will lose because they've been having trouble scoring (every team has trouble scoring). It's all so ridiculous

Most sports are like this though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Once the paperwork goes through, my wife and I will be NRA certified instructors and able to conduct the training required to get a concealed pistol license in Michigan. We still need an attorney or other qualified person to teach the legal section, which sucks because I know the relevant laws better than some attorneys and most law enforcement officers who actually teach that section.

We'll also be able to certify qualifying shooters for NRA marksman status, which it pretty cool.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Fair point. Though the more I read about it, the more it seems like 52% just voted for a lot of short-and long-term uncertainty because... immigrants or something?

What was the leave side arguing for, anyway?

Fair point. Though the more I read about it, the more it seems like 52% just voted for a lot of short-and long-term uncertainty because... immigrants or something?

What was the leave side arguing for, anyway?

I think immigrants and the blame for terrorism probably nudged it that way. It certainly came as a surprise to the financial markets this morning though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Norway, Iceland and Switzerland also pay helluva lot to have these agreements in place that allow free movement of people and goods.

I am quite certain that Scotland will have a new national referendum about leaving Britain and Northern Irish Prime Minister already called for a referendum for joining the two Irelands together.

As was seen on the voters map aswell, larger cities were in favour of remaining, however the countryside wanted to leave. Old people came out and [bleep]ed up the future prospects of young people, who now have to face the proposition of being closed down in UK.

You see, the best thing about EU is that I can work and travel and do pretty much anything in any member state even without a passport. No visas, no border controls, no anything actually. Also all Estonian goods for example could be sold without any tolls anywhere in the EU. Like 10 of my classmates, some of the most brilliant minds in my country went to UK to universities, since it was easy and cheap and excellent education there. Lots of European students and well, more active and smarter people have left Estonia to have a better life in Britain. And those who leave here are usually the smartest... Not gonna happen anymore.

Britain walled itself out of Europe. No more cheap holidays in Spain for example. No more cheap holidays anywhere, since pound is well, quite worthless right now... :D

And EU as a whole is a multiple times larger economic partner to UK than USA is, think of the distance, for example.

The pound dropped that massively because seriously young and intelligent people, who are also vocal on the internet had no idea that the leave part was so large. People have no idea what they lose with leaving the EU. It speaks volumes that even the leaders of the Leave part were seriously surprised and a few even mentioned that they are not responsible for the vote results.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Sorry for double post, but had to share that:

"Overnight the UK economy has already slumped from the fifth largest in the world to sixth.

More than £200 billion has already been wiped from the value of the UK stock market - or put another way, 24 years' worth of UK contributions to the EU."

Source - http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/8-of-the-most-misleading-promises-of-the-vote-leave-campaign-ranked-in-order-of-preposterousness--WyxD59VO3Nb

The Independent is a rather reputable news source.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Should the U.K. be willing, the U.S. will graciously accept you all as our 51st state.

• Like 1

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Sorry for double post, but had to share that:

"Overnight the UK economy has already slumped from the fifth largest in the world to sixth.

More than £200 billion has already been wiped from the value of the UK stock market - or put another way, 24 years' worth of UK contributions to the EU."

Source - http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/8-of-the-most-misleading-promises-of-the-vote-leave-campaign-ranked-in-order-of-preposterousness--WyxD59VO3Nb

The Independent is a rather reputable news source.

It's kind of irrelevant though and a knee-jerk reaction (at least for now). Looking up a chart indicates that Monday-Thursday it rose the same amount as the final loss for today. One day stock corrections make a lot of headlines but you need a longer time frame to draw any meaningful conclusions and it will depend on whatever decisions the leadership makes going forward.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

A lot of day traders just got very wealthy though

London for Independent E.U. [email protected]@@

Yeah, my facebook feed has literally been flooded with people crying about the referendum.

There is not much for me to add really. 

• Like 1

Luck be a Lady

I'm jealous, I only saw one post about it on my feed and it was about how the British Pound tanked. I'd love to hear more about the political climate in EU/UK right now