Leoo

Today...

Yeah the whole situation seems messy. From what I've heard, they voted themselves into a recession because they're afraid of brown people

Yeah the whole situation seems messy. From what I've heard, they voted themselves into a recession because they're afraid of brown people

If I were you I'd seek out some more reasonable news sources...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Grumble grumble Britain grumble grumble.

I voted by proxy and I'm living in Italy right now and all my Italian colleagues at work are making me laugh about it cause tbh I can't put any emotion into politics ever anymore since a couple of votes I've made have been useless except for the mayor of London lol. I voted for London mayor two days after landing from Canada and made preparations for this referendum before I flew out to Italy.

But yeah I am loving living in Italy, I've had a blast teaching English and to have good feedback from parents of the kids I teach has been wonderful. I do think I need to control my anger and patience a little but otherwise yeah pretty good. My host family always say I don't act like their impression of an English person because I'm friendly lol. I do need to stop saying [bleep] and being blunt. I've picked up a lot of helpful words in Italian, "stop" obviously is ineffective.

I'm moving to a town of 6000 inhabitants tomorrow in a region called Basilicata. I've gone from being responsible for 96 children to 24, (obviously with the help of a larger team of staff)

Also your post made me mad saq and it's not your fault or what you wrote it's just that whyyy ffs I literally hate the electorate of my country lol

Honestly poor [bleep]ing Scotland man. This is so shit for them. I'll always vote but I'm kinda disenfranchised. Got loads of people gearing up to leave lol

Well, currently the political climate in EU is that Britain, GTFO as quickly as possible.

Even Nigel [bleep]ing Farage admitted on TV that the Leave campaign was partly based on lies, most specifically the £350m to NHS per week, which was one of the main arguments of the whole case. And complete and utter bullshit.

Pretty much everyone was surprised by the outcome, also the pro-Leave campaigners.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Well, currently the political climate in EU is that Britain, GTFO as quickly as possible.

Even Nigel [bleep]ing Farage admitted on TV that the Leave campaign was partly based on lies, most specifically the £350m to NHS per week, which was one of the main arguments of the whole case. And complete and utter bullshit.

Pretty much everyone was surprised by the outcome, also the pro-Leave campaigners.

I know. Lol.

People bought into it.

Variety of reasons for voting leave but I think a lot of the voting was based on emotion rather than actually looking at the economy.

I know very little about the economy but I know it can change easily whereas immigration won't just lessen automatically which is what a lot of leave voters really want

I have wanted to move to Canada since my year abroad but this has just cemented my resolve to move somewhere else even if it's not Canada.

I'm bored of a political climate that's so toxic all the time but more importantly I want to start a new life properly

Edited by MuffinMaddy

If I were you I'd seek out some more reasonable news sources...

I'm just going off the Twitters of some British musicians I listen to. If that's not a "reasonable news source", I don't know what is

The political problems the UK has exist everywhere..... you're not going to find a utopian society where everyone agrees on everything and the politicians are perfect.

polvCwJ.gif

So are people allowed to react to them? :v

Of course, but saying you're going to move because of political unrest (at least from the UK to Canada or a similar western country) implies the thought that there won't be similar issues at your destination.

polvCwJ.gif

Of course, but saying you're going to move because of political unrest (at least from the UK to Canada or a similar western country) implies the thought that there won't be similar issues at your destination.

What are you trying to say?

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Fight me

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

Fight me

Oh god TIF is just like [insert country here]'s government!

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Anyways, life goes on as it always has been, people in Britain will survive, even if they have to receive cuts in their paychecks and the prices will rise, however, most of the world makes do with much less.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

We'll see how the markets look Monday, but the FTSE was barely down 3%. There will be no recession, and the lower pound could help stimulate manufacturing. I'm more concerned about another Scottish leave vote.

But maybe we'll see a united Ireland again?

And I've recently come to the sad conclusion after seeing all this Brexit stuff that no where in the world is really all that specially great to live in. I had a half baked plan of moving out of the US because the hardcore right wing religion nuts have far too much influence on the government, but my choices on leaving were limited to countries that spoke English primarily, which naturally lead to me dreaming of living in either

A) Britain

B) Canada

Or C) Australia

In that order.

But Britain was always kind of expensive, and now that it's losing all the EU benefits (theoretically anyway, obviously negotiations are still pending) due to what I have gathered to be a xenophobically motivated political force, I see that jumping from the US to Britain would only be resolving one qualm and replacing it with another..

Canada is freaking cold, but they're political class system was also teatering on scary edges not so long ago from what I recall. But as it standstands right now it's my top choice.

And Australia is literally the other end of the world and half the wildlife is poisonous. I'd still probably visit but it doesn't appeal to me to live there.

And I realize that I've missed probably dozens of other feasible countries that at least largely have an English base but I'm tired and this post is already too long

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Canada is [bleep]ing hot as hell. Toronto for example is a lot more to the south than the whole of Britain. Most of Canadian population, probably over 90% live in a more southern latitude than Estonia is situated at.

I don't know where you get that coldness.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Located South but on different air currents and such. England especially due to the water and air currents is much warmer than Canada. Most places in Canada have no trouble reaching below -20 in the average winter and have snowfalls of over a foot. For whatever reason though we tend to the other extreme and get quite warm in the Summer time reaching highs of 30+.

Lets get right into the afraid of brown people

Refugees are not good immigrants.

1.)They never fully integrate into a culture.

I'm sure you can google evidence for this, but lets start a thought experiment rather than just present evidence for this. Lets say America goes to shit in some major way and most of NA and EU follow it. You decide your best way to avoid problems is to go to Russia. Are you more willing to learn Russian and adopt a "Russian identify" if you go alone, or if you and everyone you've ever known comes with you? My guess is if everyone you know or love is already with you, most of you are going to be rather unwilling to adapt than if you emigrated individually.

2.) Most stay after a crisis is over

3.) As a result of lack of integration and lack of leaving and a tendency in Europe to allow kids to go to school in ethnic schools you get this problem spread out over generations

4.) Given you have a group of people who feel that they are Syrians in exile and are outsiders in German business, culture and politics you get people who feel Germany is treating them cruelly

5.) Europe has taken in people like this before and this situation has played out already and most of the radicals come from 2nd/3rd generation people in these situations

6.) Taking in mass amounts of people disrupts voting blocs. Maybe the population is more conservative and ends up tipping split issues over the edge such as abortion in certain countries.

7.) Refugees cost a country more to take than they make off accepting them. The only benefit a country gets for accepting refugees is prestige. A benefit I don't believe is worth the financial cost.

Another thing most countries know this, but mainly Europe cares about being seen as kind by accepting refugees. You know what country has the infrastructure to support millions of refugees but doesn't?

China

It literally has ghost towns

It has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world

It has such a massive population that accepting a million refugees is a drop in the bucket compared to a country with a population of 40m.

So yes the EU forcing social issues especially immigration is valid cause to want to leave. It goes beyond the roll it should be playing which is to standarize trade laws across the continent to allow them behave as an economic block

To me the results suggest this. The older and less credentialed people (ie: don't have a magic paper aka bachelors degree) are in jobs that are more at risk of being effected by immigrants, since a larger worker pool means lower wages or less positions available. I could see for these individuals paying an extra fraction of a pound more on items they buy at the store would seem like a cheap sacrifice ot make.

• Like 1

I instinctively discredit arguments where one party tells me to search (usually with Google) for the evidence myself, rather than they provide sources themselves. In part because it appears incredibly pretentious and shows some sense of unfounded superiority. I also don't like Google and have stopped using Google's services for anything relatively personal because I don't like mass data collection, so it's a pointless gesture against Google as well (haha).

For the record, I also instinctively downvote posts (when applicable, such as Reddit) that complain about downvotes regardless of the quality of the post, especially when the reply has -1 karma or higher (i.e., positive karma).

Also, I return shopping carts to the proper place inside the store when possible. I hate seeing carts strewn across a parking lot, or disorganized carts in the outside 'corrals'; it's incredibly agitating, so I refuse to contribute.

I'm such a rebel.

In other news, Game of Thrones season finale tonight. Excited. The last episode (Battle of the Bastards) was simply incredible; from the beginning portion Mereen to majority in he North, mmm.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Canada is [bleep]ing hot as hell. Toronto for example is a lot more to the south than the whole of Britain. Most of Canadian population, probably over 90% live in a more southern latitude than Estonia is situated at.

I don't know where you get that coldness.

Try being here between November and April. ;) May-early June usually aren't too bad, as is late September through October. Summer sucks though, but I think that's just because I have to work outside all day. I tend to spend July and August inside where it's air conditioned as much as possible.

I went to get milk and found this posted in the window of the store

reward_zpsy0u1lpjr.png

This is how we do justice in the country, son! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Very good episode tonight

• Like 3

Very good episode tonight

All the HYPE

polvCwJ.gif

It mostly just solidified what I already assumed but the opening was a little more intense than I pictured. Can't wait for next season. Until then I'll watch....idk. Maybe something will come out.

I have an interview with state government in 9 hours and I still need to sleep for my hour commute. Being an adult is so inconvenient

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn