Today...

Leoo

So happy that Phelps showed up that idiot showboating in front of him last night, who didn't even medal. Maybe next time he can put more effort into, you know, swimming.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So, Maryland if it were a country would be in second place alone. Thanks Maryland. Glad you're American.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I stayed up until like 3:30am to finally hit level 95 on my FIre Trapper in D2. Got one more level to go for her, but it's going to take forever -.-... I'm getting 350k experience per baal run, and I need 222,700,000 more experience to level. So I need at least 636 more baal runs. And with each baal run taking 7 minutes to do... approximately 74 hours assuming I don't die and lose experience from that lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Mainly following this tutorial since I'm not familiar with openGL at all. I thought it would be easier to use an openGL library in java.

https://lwjglgamedev.gitbooks.io/3d-game-development-with-lwjgl/content/

I've done a lot of the 3d rendering using just the bufferedimage class and my own (garbage) matrix/vector library I made. So those concepts weren't too new to me.

I tried to pick it up on my own but the documentation was terrible and I couldn't figure out what half the methods were doing without a guide.

import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.nio.file.Files;
import java.nio.file.StandardOpenOption;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

public class Collatz_Conjecture {

public static File dir = new File(System.getProperty("user.home") + File.separatorChar + "My Documents" + File.separatorChar + "Temp");
	public static File conjecture = new File(dir.getAbsolutePath() + File.separatorChar + "conjecture.csv");

public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException {
		List<Integer> results = new ArrayList<>();
		long start = System.currentTimeMillis();
		clear(conjecture);
		for (int i = 1; i < 100001; i++) {
			results.add(path(i, 0));
		}
		System.out.println("Writing results to file...");
		write(results, dir, conjecture);
		long end = System.currentTimeMillis();

System.out.println("Took : " + ((end - start) / 1000) + " seconds");
	}

public static int path(long a, int counter) {
		return (a == 1) ? counter : (a % 2 == 0) ? path(a / 2, ++counter) : path((3 * a) + 1, ++counter);
	}

public static boolean createPath(File dir, File conjecture) throws IOException {
		return (!dir.isDirectory()) ? dir.mkdirs() : (!conjecture.exists()) ? conjecture.createNewFile() : false;
	}

public static void write(List<Integer> results, File dir, File conjecture) throws IOException {
		if (createPath(dir, conjecture)) {
			String s = "";
			for (int i = 1; i < results.size() + 1; i++) {
				s += i + "," + results.get(i - 1) + "\n";
			}
			Files.write(conjecture.toPath(), s.getBytes(), StandardOpenOption.APPEND);
		}
	}

public static void clear(File files) throws IOException {
		if (files != null && files.exists())
			System.out.println(files);
		files.delete();
	}

}

Today I got paid to do some Australian kid's java homework   :lol:. Poor kid said he was trying for over an hour but couldn't figure out how to do it recursively.

Well easiest money I ever made. Next to some screen scaper AHK script that someone paid $500 for 

Edit: added writing the results to a file. Now I'm curious about this problem. 

So I check out youtube and find this video about a supposedly unsolved math problem. 

Wait, that looks familiar. So now I got this huge data set, I wonder if I can find any pattern. Well lets just try using excel. 

ce41bab280bbe773b45bd6f08f129d18.png
Hey look at how not random this data is. It looks like a a bunch of curved lines to me. Now wouldn't it be stupid easy to just generate a trend line across one of these lines and generalize it for all those lines.
  • Like 1

My brother is really into Smite but it just looks like another LoL spinoff which is just another DOTA derivative so I haven't bothered trying it myself. Not really into MOBAS

I have the mother of all hangovers...

Had a company event last night with 2 live bands and free booze.

I woke up, lying on a stage in another city, without my keys and my company keycard.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Turns out the headache isn't from being hangover... Now I also have over 38 fever, and sharp pains in my chest.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I spent a few hours today trying to make a dungeon generator (like in rs)

sJBwsP0.png 

UShCCIu.png

ldBhLfp.png

RmgzcSH.png

Right now, there's no support for keys, but I think I have an algorithm for that so I'll implement it tomorrow I guess

• Like 2

Might borrow one of those for a one off dnd sesh

Now you've got me sad. My mate who used to run our DnD games moved away. It was mostly his mates and I don't know many people who would be keen for it. Playing DnD is one of my favourite things to do.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Also every so often I get dungeons that look like this

OsKraM4.png

I'm not sure how to fix that, short of regenerating the dungeon when there's a bad result. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them

If less than x paths; self generate again?

Clearly I'm no programmer

Before completing your generation check the length of the connected nodes by running a BFS and counting all the nodes its touched.

If it is under a certain threshold have a check to see if you can add a node adjacent to an existing node and add one there and a door connection. Do this until you meet your minimum threshold.

If less than x paths; self generate again?

Clearly I'm no programmer

Basically this :lol:
  • Like 1

You know, I don't think I've posted in this thread before (well it says I did, but that was probably years ago when I was younger).

But anyways, trying to find a job sucks. I'm not gonna act like I've been putting out hundreds upon hundreds of applications, but within the past month alone, I've put out at least six applications and not a single one has called.

It sucks since I'm also limited to basic minimum wage jobs (never had a job before) and I don't have a driver's license or a car. so my dad would have to drive me to work, so I'm limited to jobs within a 10 mile radius or so. (Cause he obviously doesn't wanna drive like 50 miles away)

Argh.

Not sure your age but start small. Your first job only matters for the future references. And most jobs don't call you, you have to know someone on the inside most of the time. Consider yourself blessed if a job calls you