Leoo

Today...

I've had 5 suits in my life so far. Never go H&M.

A proper suit is something you shouldn't skimp on. Unless you wear it 4-5 days a week like I do, it'll last a lifetime.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

A proper suit is something you shouldn't skimp on. Unless you wear it 4-5 days a week like I do, it'll last a lifetime.

WHERE IS THE NEXT THREAD??

• Like 8

Luck be a Lady

I got a solid suit at Kohls for $100. Is it awe inspiring? No. Do people tell me I look great when I wear it? Every time. Just find a designer that fits you right and it'll all fall into place.

Unrelated, I bought a big ass 50" tv because black Friday go America. It didn't fit in my car and then I felt stupid. But now it's in my house that doesn't have cable so for now it's a super expensive YouTube machine.

You can buy an antenna and get pretty decent public TV on it still. How did you get it home anyway?

I don't really have interest in 90% televised programming, but my roomate just hooked up his wiiU so at least we have that going now.

I had to get my girlfriend to drive my car back to my house to pick up her car to drive the TV back to my house. It was silly but it worked out.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

What thread?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Saq is actually Ben Carson

What thread?
I believe he is referencing Miss Hottie. We have waited this long, we need resolution!

impulse bought some cheap tickets to prague with some friends in february, so hype~ might be a weird time of year but w/e it'll be a blast

I bought 1 thing on cyber Monday. Age of empires 2 HD remake. $5. All I'll ever need.

Love AoE. Don't forget voobly has a service for AoE2 conq online with rankings.

• Like 1

I beat Pokemon Sun after 75 hours. In most RPGs I follow some theme for a character. In Bloodborne, I was a fiery anti-theist. In RuneScape an executioner for Zaros. So on.

Well, in Pokemon, I was the God King Ditto. In human form.

I spent 40-some hours breeding and training a perfect team: Ulyaoth the Milotic, after the Ancient from Eternal Darkness; Mercy the Mimikyu, after Arya's alias in A Song of Ice and Fire; Storm King the Kommo-o after the final boss of the storm shrines area in Demon's Souls; Fool's Idol the Ribombee after the first boss in the Tower of Latria from Demon's Souls; Pernix the Decidueye after the Zarosian ranger from RuneScape; and Lady Death the Salazzle after Death's daughter from the Discworld series.

It was terrible because I can't yet transfer my perfect Dittos I have from prior generation. It would've been like five, ten hours work if I could.

But it was amazing. It made the game too easy. I OHKO'd nearly everything regardless of level. But that's what happens when you're the God King Ditto. And the character's constant, empty smile fit the theme so well, which was a bonus.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Last night I learned that I am total trash at Age of Empires on a competitive scale haha. I guess that's what happens when you take a 10 year hiatus from a game

Last night I learned that I am total trash at Age of Empires on a competitive scale haha. I guess that's what happens when you take a 10 year hiatus from a game

LAN party memories

What's the meta? I can't even remember what's good, cavalry rushes?

What's the meta? I can't even remember what's good, cavalry rushes?

Typically you want to hurry up to the castle age as quick as possible. 

The risk is that an opponent can fuedal rush you with archers and kill you while your waiting for castle age to pop off queue. So typically you want to defend with either walls or fuedal units of your own. 

Don't make barracks units, theyre weak and expensive until the very late game. Typically if your defending in fuedal age make a spearman or two to defend your woodcutters from scouts. Also make lots of archers (pretty much do this for every civ but spanish). Since archers don't have a food cost you can click up faster. Spearman do cost food but can sometimes be needed if your opponent rushes scouts and skirmishers can be needed to defend against a large archer rush.

Once in castle you can upgrade your archers to crossbow + the blacksmith upgrades (always do range upgrade then defense then offense upgrades for archers). Or go knights with (bloodlines > def > offensive upgrades). A single mangonel with proper play can defend against a dozen archers. But the bulk of your fighting should be done in the castle age and once your economy is sufficiently built up you should go imperial. 

Oh yeah the most important thing you should do in the dark age that you probably didn't do when you played as a kid is to lure your boars. Don't let your villagers die and you absolutely should practice in single player luring the boars to your TC. Its important because you want to delay building farms as long as possible and they have a lot of food that collects faster than from sheep. 

Villager food collection speed (fastest-slowest):

shore fish > wild hunt (deer/boar) > sheep/turkey > berries > farm (farm is even worse because of the added wood cost to build the farm but once you get your economy rolling your fine)

• Like 2

Yeah people were hitting the castle age and I was still screwing around in the feudal age trying to max all my stats. Silly me

My laptop keyboard is having issues so I ordered a new one and I'll be performing open heart surgery on my laptop if it gets there tomorrow like USPS says it will. And not a moment too soon, a s e keys are all having problems/flying off and left ctrl has been dead for months.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah people were hitting the castle age and I was still screwing around in the feudal age trying to max all my stats. Silly me

yeah typically in feudal you want to upgrade lumbercamp and gold mining and once you get 10-15 villagers working farms get wheelbarrow from the town center and handcart around 20 farmers.

farm upgrades from the mill are great because it makes your farms last longer so you save wood overtime on building them.

Military upgrades are fine to get. Just remember to prioritize saving food to get a quicker castle age. So if an upgrade doesn't cost food it's probably worth getting. If it does but your being overwhelmed [bleep] it your better off spending food on skirms/possible upgrades than teching up and dying.

oh yeah the other big tip i can give you if your new is walls are your best friend. Make walls and towers defensively. It makes players a lot less likely to kill your villagers in a feudal war and it allows you to get to the castle age to have a greater amount of freedom on what to build.

While your learning play black forest games as huns. So you won't have to worry about getting pop blocked for not micromanaging your house building and because that map has a large percentage of the map covered by trees meaning you have a very easy time walling up and defending your base until your ready to start your all out war.

• Like 1

I never was any good at AoE, but I could only play it friends houses, and I'm demonstrably bad at strategy games anyway. Still, I have fond memories of AoE (and Empire Earth), and I quite enjoy the HD remake. Go Byzantines!

Made my pick for my new GPU on Cyber Monday. I changed my mind a lot of times up till the end, but in the end, despite the exchangerate and inflated prices turning all GPU purchases into highway robbery, I decided to go for an ASUS 480 Strix that was on a pretty big sale. I was thinking about saving an unreasonable amount of money with a 4GB model, but I wont upgrade again for at least 3 years, and by the looks of things, I wont have any need to replace my CPU next year, so I plan on getting into VR instead, so I want a GPU I can flog a bit. Speaking of flogging, I'm genuinely interested to see if my CPU will actually be totally obsolete before my next GPU upgrade. DDR4 memory has so far failed to address the memory gap (we need a faster response time more than increased bandwidth), and quantum physics is currently preventing smaller die sizes, so the already very slow increases in performance are looking to get even slower for at least a couple years.

AoE is a Windows only game, I think published by Microsoft. It's not demanding though, so I'm sure Wine is up to the task.

I'll have to implement some of those strategies in future games, I appreciate the tips:)

I had a copy of AoE 2 when I was little and I could never figure out how to play it. I gotta look for it the next time I visit my parents. I'm pretty sure they still have it

I think a video example would help

GL with your matches TIF

Also been working on a unity game for class. All in all im disappointed with it because I couldn't implement half the features I wanted to but it looks pretty nice.

[hide]

983a2b8bee4d9d7d88530b2f9030fb30.jpg

8dd0219c86e6d6493490c976a527e5bb.jpg

147afec1b3ce4a688a3f1e2b460f6f8f.jpg

[/hide]

Pretty good considering all the other project's I've been balancing and from custom coding most of it and only using free assets for the art

• Like 1

I figured out how to generate dungeons

So dungeons are trees, right? Which means that a dungeon on 64 vertices has exactly 63 edges. So then you just have to generate an arbitrary tree (either hard code one or generate one by drawing each horizontal edge and 1 vertical edge per row). Then you can take any 1-vertex, disconnect its edge, then reconnect it to another adjacent vertex. This is legal because, by the definition of a tree, the 1-vertex is connected to at least a 2-vertex, so removing the vertex and edge leaves you with a n-1 graph with n-2 edges, which is still a tree. Reconnecting that vertex to another vertex adds 1 vertex and 1 edge, so it's still a tree. Repeat a bunch of times on random 1-vertices and you get a nice looking dungeon. Then you can prune 1-vertices as much as you want. Much nicer than that other approach. I'm worried that it won't randomize much near the center of the dungeon though

I'm very unsure what that meant without a visual

Speaking of programming

Finally starting programming proper at work, and obviously the first step is to get the code base from the repository. So I do that, check it out from the svn repo, and there's three folders, trunk, branches, and notes. Typical stuff, so I try and run the project in the trunk.

Nope. Missing some other projects. Pull those down. Nope, they're not correctly pointed to by the first project. Redirect those, nope, there's DLLs missing. Find those and add them. Nope. Etc. Etc.

And I'm looking through documentation, trying to find any sort of setup instructions, trying to find any mention of the issues I'm running into. There's none. I was assigned a mentor to help me with my first projects, but she's busy with her own work and can't/doesn't help me.

Two days later, and I've got everything but the server connection working. Once I've got this, I'll be up and running. And my mentor finally has time to help me.

So she comes over, and looks at my file setup, and declares it all wrong, deleting everything I've worked on for the past two days.

She then IMs another woman at the company, asks what to do. That person sends links to some stuff in the repository. Specifically, branches of the three repos I checked out. Nothing in the trunks. Random branches, which apparently everyone is working from.

She pulls two different branches for each project (with essentially step by step instructions from the other person she contacted), and then pulls another repo which contains some bat scripts, one of which she runs. This script, as far as I can tell, combines some files from each of the repos she pulled and puts them into their own, new folder in the development directory.

That finishes, and we try and run it and it's still not working. So we figure out we need to install some program, but none of the three of us are sure what that program is, so my mentor goes home for the day. The lady she IM'd in the first line also signs off, but a couple minutes later messages me and tells me the program I needed.

I installed it and it didn't work, so I called it quits because my day was over already and I was frustrated.

But. Like. [bleep]. That was the most obtuse setup I've ever seen, and apparently *no one* thought to make some documentation so newbies don't have to spend 2 days trying to figure it out, and even veterans are unsure.

I'm so [bleep]ing mad. It's all going to be this obtuse, the coding, and the insurance terminology, and I'm so unexcited for it. I can't wait until my self imposed year is up and I can quit this place.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off