Leoo

Today...

I "dated" an older girl for a while. I'm not really sure what we were to be honest. Maybe we were just [bleep]buddies that went out together every now and then. I don't think we had any real issues because of our age gap. Mostly all of our issues came from our personalities clashing. She was extremely flaky. Would sometimes be impossible to make plans with her and even when you manage to make plans with her she sometimes just didn't even follow through. Sex was great, which is probably why i stuck around for as long as i did. Even when i was with her though, i never really gave much thought to age. I don't know if my surroundings and the past 10 years of my life has made me less concerned about age. I had/have a lot of friends who are anywhere from 6 years younger to 10 years older than i am.  If someone isn't outright acting like a child, it's hard for me to really give any notice to their age.

Girl game around again the other night. We had a conversation the day before about her wanting to take things slow because she didn't want to rush things, or do anything she might regret. She also told me about how she feels like she has a target on her back now that she's single again, and she's been getting hit on a lot more by guys that know she's single now. She told me she just wanted to hang out with someone and not fear that they're going to try make a move on her the whole time. So she came over, and i decided that i just would not initiate anything that night. I like hanging out with her. I don't want her to get the impression that i'm only after one thing. 

So we were watching a movie, and she kept moving a bit closer and closer till she was basically sitting with her head on my shoulder. When the credits started rolling she looked at me, kissed me, told me that she liked me, and just kept looking at me with a smile on her face. Not gonna lie, i melted a bit. So i feel like things are headed in the right direction. I think things are moving at a good pace. I think i tend to rush sex a bit too much sometimes, which is fine for some people, but not for me. I kind of have a hard time keeping emotions separate from sex. I'll sleep with a girl and develop feeling that really wasn't ever there. So i think for once i actually want to see how i feel about someone before i start rushing things in that direction. 

It's good that you recognize that

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Take things slowly on that one, Noxx. I'm sure she likes you, however, she's said she doesn't want to rush into intimacy; therefore, doing so would be the fastest way of stopping it dead. Also, if she's newly single, she might not be ready to jump into something that deep at first.

Why is #relationshipthread invading the Today?

3 days of hardcore drinking, performances and fun. Total of 3,5h of sleep, sth like 40 beers, 2 bottles of vodka, 20 long drinks and some cocktails in between. It was rough, so tired, and still hungover.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

So I scheduled a new appointment with my med management doctor (14 December ugh) and my therapist (Thursday).

I'm feeling better (not the terrible crippling depression & sadness, just extreme sadness). But despite it, I got up at 5:00 am, dropped off my doctor's note at my Staples job, scheduled the two appointments, went to school, and went to work...

You can be depressed and do nothing, or depressed and do something. I choose to do something. Might as well be productive if I'm going to be down regardless.

• Like 7

ozXHe7P.png

Sounds like Noxx is headed straight for the friend zone, but I could be wrong :P

Eh, been in his situation if she loses interest odds are someone else will come along anyways.

Haven't really dated an older girl yet and hot bloody damn, a girl I matched on Tinder with googled my real name and found this forum... All my secrets laid bare to the world. Safe to say, she was not amused with quite a bit of it.

I think I mentioned how I am super easy to find due to my unique name...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Youre already showing vast signs of improvement Veiva

Sounds like Noxx is headed straight for the friend zone, but I could be wrong :P

Eh, been in his situation if she loses interest odds are someone else will come along anyways.
Same. When a girl says something like how she wants to take things slow, that’s usually woman-language for either “I’m not interested in having sex with you, but I still want your attention” or “I know you want to have sex with me, and I might have sex with you too, but I want to see if I can get you to comply with my preferences and wait for sex so I can be in control of the relationship and lose attraction for you sooner for allowing me to do this”

77yLQy8.png

Haven't really dated an older girl yet and hot bloody damn, a girl I matched on Tinder with googled my real name and found this forum... All my secrets laid bare to the world. Safe to say, she was not amused with quite a bit of it.

I think I mentioned how I am super easy to find due to my unique name...

Yo that sucks

Same. When a girl says something like how she wants to take things slow, that’s usually woman-language for either “I’m not interested in having sex with you, but I still want your attention” or “I know you want to have sex with me, and I might have sex with you too, but I want to see if I can get you to comply with my preferences and wait for sex so I can be in control of the relationship and lose attraction for you sooner for allowing me to do this”

Can you just like take a step back and see how creepy statements like that look from a woman's perspective?

I don't even mean mine. I've dated as neither a man nor a woman, I'm about as neutral a third party there can be. It just reads as incredibly manipulative.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

As someone who has dated, it reads fairly accurately

• Like 3

Add on to that I went to the gym as usual.

Also, so, like, I'm going to see Los Campesinos! this Saturday in Washington, DC. LOL

I'll be staying Fri-Sun and doing some touring too. Gotta go to a few Smithsonians and see some monuments.

My yearly "do-something-new-each-month" now looks like:

- January: Started school and new job (Staples)
- February: Had first drink / went to first bar, got learner's permit
- March: Had driving lessons, started ItsyRealm
- April: Got license, got car, went to Raleigh / ECGC, started dating, had sex (that was a big month)
- May: ...I don't remember. I think I started looking for internships but I'd have to dig through my journal.
- June: Got internship at Immersion Media.
- July: Went to Charlotte / Carowinds.
- August: Got drunk.
- September: Started job at Immersion Media.
- October: Saw a concert (Florence + The Machine), attended first party (and first time I dressed up for Halloween since a kid)
- November (pending): ...hopefully go to DC assuming no NUCLEAR DISASTER or some bullshit
- December (pending): Go to Florida to see grandparents

I'm the wild B-MACHINE that never stops.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I love DC.

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Can you just like take a step back and see how creepy statements like that look from a woman's perspective?

I don't even mean mine. I've dated as neither a man nor a woman, I'm about as neutral a third party there can be. It just reads as incredibly manipulative.

Date a lot of women and you’ll understand the context of what I’m saying

77yLQy8.png

I love women.

• Like 1

I mean, I wouldn't want to date someone who took "I wanna take slow" as "She never wants to have sex with me and is just leading me on" either. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

wat do u no of the prophecy?

• Like 3

I mean, I wouldn't want to date someone who took "I wanna take slow" as "She never wants to have sex with me and is just leading me on" either. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.

I have dated and, because of the nature of the job I do, have quite a few female friends. I think most of them would agree with Tesset's perspective.

If a guy (or girl) they're dating can't take the statement "taking things slow" at face value, much less accept that, then it doesn't bode well for much else in that relationship.

• Like 1

im jst glad my wiufe and i had an arranged marriage becuse shes a straight 10/10 

• Like 2

I have dated and, because of the nature of the job I do, have quite a few female friends. I think most of them would agree with Tesset's perspective.

If a guy (or girl) they're dating can't take the statement "taking things slow" at face value, much less accept that, then it doesn't bode well for much else in that relationship.

And how many of them did you eventually have sex with, and how long did it take?

I have a high sex drive-- if I'm on a 4th date with a girl and she still won't even go beyond making out, that just means we're incompatible. I'd rather move on to someone else with a high sex drive who has no qualms about having sex as quickly as the 2nd date. Plus there's tons of guys out there who are willing to go several dates/indefinitely without getting any action (like you); those are the types of guys she should be looking for.

It's not fair to me to keep waiting indefinitely when sex might not even happen, or to keep me waiting only to find out we're sexually incompatible. And it's not fair to pressure her into having sex sooner than she's comfortable with just to keep me around.

Some people are simply incompatible; the sooner you can recognize this, the better. Trying to get each other to do things they don't want to do is usually an unhealthy way to begin a relationship.

I’ve slept with 3 different women in the past 30 days thanks to filtering out women who aren’t compatible with who I am and what I’m looking for. My system works.

77yLQy8.png

Also, isn't it a bit manipulative to string guys along without testing sexual compatibility?

• Like 1

“I want to take things slow” is essentially the same as when a woman online says “I want to talk some more before we meet up.” She’s probably wasting your time (either intentionally or unintentionally; doesn’t matter) and you’re giving her your attention (which is what she really wants) for free with nothing in return.

Tesset probably doesn’t mind going without sex indefinitely because she’s literally asexual. And IIRC, in the past Ginger was notorious for posting about having unrequited feelings for women who wouldn’t have sex with him, but would have sex with guys who didn’t comply with her every whim. So it’s important to understand the context of their opinions here.

77yLQy8.png