Leoo

Today...

I know its largely about principle, but if people were as upset about the hundred or so extra tax dollars they have to pay per year as they were about pollution...we'd have a much healthier earth. And better infrastructure

What if we convinced them that the extra taxes were from the pollution?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I know its largely about principle, but if people were as upset about the hundred or so extra tax dollars they have to pay per year as they were about pollution...we'd have a much healthier earth. And better infrastructure

What if we convinced them that the extra taxes were from the pollution?

well, that's the whole point of carbon taxes

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

NJ is trying a "rain tax" which of course all the red caps are huffing about (of course, they'll raise hell about any policy passed by a Dem). Now the name sounds absurd "how could you tax rain?" but the fact is that it doesn't effect almost anybody personally. You have to have like a shit load of square footage in asphalt or concrete for it to even apply. So unless you're in the parking lot business, it's all good. Tax that rain baby. And put the money towards useful stuff (results may vary)

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

sounds like a sewer capacity tax, which makes sense, though I think the money is supposed to be used directly to improve drainage systems

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

Also turning quarter of a century next month... Time flies.

Don't think I've mentioned here, but got the job and gonna move in just about a week. Gonna be fun!

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

[bleep]ing estonions stealing all our jerbs

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

im 43

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

you guys can all sniff my farts

• Like 1

Weekend went fine, did not die. Came out to my best friend, he was supportive, so that was awesome.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

good friend

• Like 1

We have a new QA person, and their communication style seems to include putting "Please be aware that this is holding up testing" at the end of every update. Which is really passive aggressive normally, but especially when she puts the issues under the wrong project and assigns them to the wrong person.

next time we have a spammer, i'm putting "Please be aware this is holding up posting" at the end of my report

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

I finally got my second credit card! I now have one with Tes and one with Tyler, and I can use the appropriate one when I'm out and about, and it's gonna be great.

next time we have a spammer, i'm putting "Please be aware this is holding up posting" at the end of my report

Even automation is taking away posting on these boards. Jesus.

• Like 1

j0xPu5R.png

My website is live!

Please let me know what you think:

https://itsyrealm.com

There's a launcher that downloads and runs the latest version of the game. It should work but I'm more curious about the look and feel of the site.

Does it look nice? Does it load fast? Does the slide show work?

Soon I'll be able to work on content again... soon...

ozXHe7P.png

NSFW

• Like 1

Finally checked the homepage, first off the title on webpage looked like it just said "Tsyrealm". Also seems a bit odd that every chapter ends with...

Been a long day singing, should be good though. Damn we can sing well in a choir. And it sounds [bleep]ing good.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Finally checked the homepage, first off the title on webpage looked like it just said "Tsyrealm". Also seems a bit odd that every chapter ends with...

Been a long day singing, should be good though. Damn we can sing well in a choir. And it sounds [bleep]ing good.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

do you even constructive feedback

The book is an 'I'...

ozXHe7P.png

I see what he means, the I wasn't that easy to see

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

ty for the useless feedback

@Hedgehog, that's useless to me. That's like me saying "Your posting ability is 33." also don't refer to me as bro pls and ty

Does this make the "I" more prominent/noticable?

ZeXA8UE.png

Edited by Veiva

ozXHe7P.png

I mean you wanted feedback and people are giving it to you, complaining about it isn't going to encourage people. Things I noticed:

Even when you pointed out the book was supposed to be an I I still had a hard time seeing it.

Also combination of the slideshow and arrow buttons for the pictures felt a little weird to me. I wasn't sure that the arrows did anything the first couple times I used them because the pictures were scrolling at the same rate. Maybe just pick one or the other?

Also the arrow buttons aren't aligned in Chrome which was a little jarring - I see you have a margin on one but not the other, maybe it'd look better with a bottom margin on the left arrow?

I think the font / character images are nice but the layout kinda reminds me of a 90s geocity site lol. It's fine but doesn't look super modern, probably because you don't use the full width of the page like most more modern pages do. Look at some examples for some more modern games like the sites for Stardew Valley and Wargroove - see how these sites use the full width and break up into sections? I think that would help your site look more professional. You could maybe have your background on top, transition into the ItsyRealm logo over it, go into a slideshow, then give your blurb and github link at the bottom.

edit: posted this before the second logo but I still have a hard time reading the I tbh

• Like 2

i would incorproate the book logo idea somewehre else in thet itle and just have a normal upperacse i instead for legiibility

• Like 3

I mean you wanted feedback and people are giving it to you, complaining about it isn't going to encourage people. Things I noticed:

Even when you pointed out the book was supposed to be an I I still had a hard time seeing it.

Also combination of the slideshow and arrow buttons for the pictures felt a little weird to me. I wasn't sure that the arrows did anything the first couple times I used them because the pictures were scrolling at the same rate. Maybe just pick one or the other?

Also the arrow buttons aren't aligned in Chrome which was a little jarring - I see you have a margin on one but not the other, maybe it'd look better with a bottom margin on the left arrow?

I think the font / character images are nice but the layout kinda reminds me of a 90s geocity site lol. It's fine but doesn't look super modern, probably because you don't use the full width of the page like most more modern pages do. Look at some examples for some more modern games like the sites for Stardew Valley and Wargroove - see how these sites use the full width and break up into sections? I think that would help your site look more professional. You could maybe have your background on top, transition into the ItsyRealm logo over it, go into a slideshow, then give your blurb and github link at the bottom.

edit: posted this before the second logo but I still have a hard time reading the I tbh

Literally you're the only one who has given good feedback.

Think back to English class and tell me any of this feedback (sans yours) is good

Also this kind of feedback would've been helpful when I posted a mock up ... a few weeks ago (this is not directed at you)

I like Wargroove's site but Stardew Valley's sucks, really.

ozXHe7P.png