Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Leoo

Today...

Cars really feel like they should be a luxury good, not a necessary one, especially in cities. But they're super not, esp in America.

If I lived in Toronto I would be fine. But the cost of a place to live would far outpace the savings from lack of a car...

• Like 1

j0xPu5R.png

Real estate is bloated as hell. In 40 years when the world is dying and no one can afford gas cars... living in a city will be useless because farms will need to transport goods by other means. ... can't wait

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I own a house in the countryside with our own veggie garden and a barn that could easily be repurposed to hold farm animals, as it used to do. Also a major dairy farm is about a mile away and they also have veggie fields as a side business, so I would be golden. The place also has heaps of clean water and natural springs nearby. We also have our own forest, about 30 hectares total nearby, so fuel for heating and whatnot would not be a problem.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Real estate is bloated as hell. In 40 years when the world is dying and no one can afford gas cars... living in a city will be useless because farms will need to transport goods by other means. ... can't wait

lmfao

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It's a shame that housing it becoming so expensive. Even as a full time RN I'd struggle to live in Toronto or Vancouver.

j0xPu5R.png

i strugglle ito live in my turltle shells

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Isn't it like midnight in the land down under?

j0xPu5R.png

Isn't it like midnight in the land down under?

I think it's always midnight 16 miles beneath the earth's surface, seeing's there's no sunlight or w/e.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Went to a queer-friendly makeup store a few weeks ago to try and get something to hide my 5-o'clock shadow that never goes away. Was recommended (by a guy who does drag, so I assumed he would know what he was talking about) an orange lipstick to go under the foundation (because the shadow is a blue tint). Tried that today, and in the bathroom, it looked fine. Went out, went to a restaurant, got food, ate, came back out, looked in my car mirror, I looked like a 5-year-old eating cheetos.

Turns out my bathroom lights just [bleep]ing suck, and I don't have any good lighting anywhere in my apartment. So, that's been my day.

They make a magnifying mirror that has it's own lamp for that kind of thing, they usually run about $100 but they're great for face maintenance

• Like 1

I literally bought one of those last time I was out and the lights on it don't work I found out. So

Well that's a bummer

Went to a queer-friendly makeup store a few weeks ago to try and get something to hide my 5-o'clock shadow that never goes away. Was recommended (by a guy who does drag, so I assumed he would know what he was talking about) an orange lipstick to go under the foundation (because the shadow is a blue tint). Tried that today, and in the bathroom, it looked fine. Went out, went to a restaurant, got food, ate, came back out, looked in my car mirror, I looked like a 5-year-old eating cheetos.

Turns out my bathroom lights just [bleep]ing suck, and I don't have any good lighting anywhere in my apartment. So, that's been my day.

What's a non-queer-friendly makeup store even look like? Every time I go into a makeup place, I always see gay guys as customers or employees. I'm very curious as to what place you've been in and felt out of place in? Honestly, I always feel out of place as a straight guy in those places.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

i just wear balaclavas 24/7 and have bnerver fjk4j jiofjoi

• Like 1

What's a non-queer-friendly makeup store even look like? Every time I go into a makeup place, I always see gay guys as customers or employees. I'm very curious as to what place you've been in and felt out of place in? Honestly, I always feel out of place as a straight guy in those places.

It was MAC, which as I understand is just really vocal about it. That's really all I mean.

Idk, I just have had this urge to add that qualifier every time I've had a positive experience at a place. Whether that's a good thing or not, idk.

Really? That surprises me tbh. The MAC near me is the place that sell the most "drag" type stuff and has all of the gay male beauty Youtuber posters and advertisements. However, I frequent Ulta/Sephora much more often than MAC, so maybe I'm just out of the loop these days.

I also know that you're not gay, but I guess I would as closely relate the gay clientele to the MTF trans audience. Maybe I'm mistaken in that regard.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Not being lgbtq myself, sometimes I wonder if any of those identities ever feel muted by being lumped together with so many other queer identifiers

@Dash: Oh, I misread your first post, missed a "non". Yeah, MAC is p much what you described. You're right though, with one exception from before college, I haven't really had any issues in makeup stores.

@RPG: Yes, that's definitely a thing. I actually was listening to a podcast today talking about the word queer, which touched on what you said a little.

The opposite is also true. There's always a bit in the back of my mind when someone says "don't use queer it's a slur!" that's like, do you not want me to use because it's a slur, or because you don't want ace people in your community and this is a way to exclude them (because that was an argument I saw fairly often on tumblr, when I was still using it)

I always thought "queer" was the preferred term, since it's inclusive of anything that isn't heteronormative

Today I was off work and spent something like 6 hours switching between Apex Legends and PUBG. I did not kill a single person. I don't even think I hit anyone in my dozen or so PUBG rounds.

I guess this is what happens when you don't play a shooter in over a year

For the most part, it is the preferred term, but older lgbt people, and some younger people who grew up in areas where the word is still commonly used as a slur, have their own objections. It's definitely still better than lgbtqppqiaa+ (or whichever variant).

The guy at the end of that podcast summed it up really well for me. We need a word to fill the niche that queer does, it just would be so much better if the word wasn't "queer".

i think u should use the wrod 'goon" for yall

• Like 3

Aww, dang. I just got a letter from my bank that I needed to send proof of ID in for my authorized user credit card under Tes. One of the options is explicitly "Tes is the same person as the account owner. Please remove."

I'm going to try and just ignore it and hope they don't cancel the extra card... God, this sucks. I was really excited that would work.

Changing your legal last name is a pain the ass, i couldn't imagine the headache of legally changing your full name and sex

Changing your legal last name is a pain the ass, i couldn't imagine the headache of legally changing your full name and sex

It really wasn't a pain either time I changed my name.

I got married and signed the license with my new name, and it was just a matter of updating IDs from there. When I changed all my names, I just had to download a form from the court's website, fill it out, turn it in, and appear for a hearing that consisted of me confirming that I wasn't trying to avoid debt or criminal charges. Updating all of my bank, etc. accounts was more of a hassle than the legal change.

I'm not out to my employer yet, and basically expect to be fired when that changes, so I'm holding off on updating my gender markers. As I understand it, I should be able to get a letter from my doctor saying that I am receiving care to transition and update my passport, then use the passport to update my state ID.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837