Leoo

Today...

sorry, wrong account

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I think if it seems like a career you'll enjoy better then switching over is a good idea. Just be aware of doing it for the money.

Right now an enormous amount of investment is being funneled into software startups, some of which are just selling air with a cool app to display it like wework. Others like uber can only ever hope to be profitable if they establish a monopoly or near enough one. But on the whole most of these are regular businesses who have eccentric startup CEOs with the Steve Jobs persona and language, and a slight layer of software that makes investors believe its a tech company. 

Anyways I think most of the things that need to be monopolies to work will either eventually become them or fall apart, and while thats uncertain there will be lots of money flowing into tech companies so that investors can strike gold on being part of the one that does make it big.

And down the line I think investors will be wary of the tech startup fad thats big right now which means software engineer wages that are inflated by Silicon Valley will start to decline, since I believe the whole economy has to pay software engineers more to prevent them from hopping ship and moving to the bay area. 

Not that the tech scene will ever really die, I read about database admins making 200k a year during the .com boom and here we are again in 2019. But be aware of where you want to specialize and the expected trajectory of your career. 

• Like 1

hey kid im a computer

• Like 1

I think if it seems like a career you'll enjoy better then switching over is a good idea. Just be aware of doing it for the money.

Right now an enormous amount of investment is being funneled into software startups, some of which are just selling air with a cool app to display it like wework. Others like uber can only ever hope to be profitable if they establish a monopoly or near enough one. But on the whole most of these are regular businesses who have eccentric startup CEOs with the Steve Jobs persona and language, and a slight layer of software that makes investors believe its a tech company. 

Anyways I think most of the things that need to be monopolies to work will either eventually become them or fall apart, and while thats uncertain there will be lots of money flowing into tech companies so that investors can strike gold on being part of the one that does make it big.

And down the line I think investors will be wary of the tech startup fad thats big right now which means software engineer wages that are inflated by Silicon Valley will start to decline, since I believe the whole economy has to pay software engineers more to prevent them from hopping ship and moving to the bay area. 

Not that the tech scene will ever really die, I read about database admins making 200k a year during the .com boom and here we are again in 2019. But be aware of where you want to specialize and the expected trajectory of your career. 

I'm not really doing it for the money-- my current career in sales/real estate pays very well and has a ton of freedom which will be difficult to replace, but I don't really want to be working in sales/real estate for the rest of my life since it's not something that I'm naturally into. I'm mostly switching to computer science since I feel like I'm more naturally inclined towards it. My friends/family always told me that it would be a good fit for me and a lot of women I meet from online dating are surprised that I don't work in that industry lol

77yLQy8.png

Went clothes shopping yesterday, for work clothes, as the day I'm planning to come out at work is creeping pretty close. For most of my life, shopping for gender affirming clothes offline was incredibly panic inducing, but ever since starting HRT, it's gotten a lot easier. Leading up to yesterday, when instead of having my traditional "oh god people are looking at me like I'm a pervert!" freakout, I just had a "theres too many choices and I don't know what I'm looking for!!" freakout, which is how most of my clothes shopping for my entire life has gone.

So that's progress. Now if only, one of the million times I describe executive dysfunction to my therapist, she would recognize it and tell me how to fix it, I could get rid of that problem too :P

• Like 2

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I've heard making checklists and verbally going through them periodically can help alleviate executive dysfunction

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I have 8 different checklists in my notes app. Some of the items in those checklists are "make checklists for x"

It's not really an effective strategy for me, but it's better than nothing.

Had my first official dance performance. We had to perform for a sold out crowd at one of the most prestigious venues of the country. Even I, a guy familiar with stages had my nerves give up a bit and thus I went a bit too quick at times and lost the rhythm.

But in general, it went pretty fine, I think.

The afterparty went also mighty fine. Got a hangover next morning though.

As the performance was the event I have waited for months for, I am feeling now kinda... empty. Exhausted. Depressurized. Tired.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

its never too late to change careers or job focuses

when i decided to start offering mouth stuff, instead of just hand stuff, it opened up a hole realm of opportunities for me

• Like 1

I have 8 different checklists in my notes app. Some of the items in those checklists are "make checklists for x"

It's not really an effective strategy for me, but it's better than nothing.

I dont think you need to plan so far ahead to get things done.  

Not sure what the specifics of your list making entails but I think your better off setting an alarm that goes off at 7pm (or whever your guaranteed free hour is at) and when that alarm is dinging do something on your list. 

Odds are you'll clear out half your lists if theyre mostly errands or creative chores (such as novel writing, code base, painting, etc.)

That definitely doesn't work for me. That's actually way worse than just relying on my memory & willpower.

I mean I used it successfully to create a gym habit.

The alarm was the trigger and the action would be that I always change into joggers and gym shoes and get in my car and drive to the gym and park in the parking lot. If I REALLY don't want to go to the gym I drive home. These days the change clothes and get in my car is complete auto pilot. I only begin considering if I wanna skip the gym today after I'm already driving there.

The benefit of this system for me is its a lot easier to willpower myself in the gym doors when Im already clothed for the gym and driving there than if I was comfy in my room.

I've also seen creative types use this when writing a novel for example. "I will write 100 words towards this novel no matter what, even if theyre trash and wont be included". Some days you absolutely will write your 100 words and toss them out and feel accomplished today. Other days you'll strike real inspiration and continue. But its definitely easier to find inspiration after you start writing. 

Again if your sure this wont work for you thats fine. If you havent tried it though I'd highly recommend it. 

Also not pushing you to do anything I'm mainly posting this as a testimonial for any other potential readers who were on the fence about it from my previous post...

Right, but if the underlying problem (as I suspect) is executive dysfunction, then it's not a matter of remembering to do things. It's a matter of actually starting them, or working on them. I've heard it described as an invisible wall that prevents you from acting. It's not 100% on my experience, but the closest I have seen? I looked for like 20 minutes for a comic I saw once that did a really good job describing it, but it's lost to the ether of social media now.

I can (and do) create space in my life to do things, but actually filling that space with action is very hard, in a way I suspect is atypical. Whether it's ADHD? That's something I would like my therapist to tell me, unprompted, so that it's not me putting that idea in her head. That's maybe not the right way to go about it, but it's what I'm trying.

Well then yeah definitely trust your instincts.

If your problem is: "I cant bring myself to complete a task that I start"  then I would say that is a real problem. I'm sure your therapist would agree and work with you to find out where that problem is coming from. I think phrasing it to describe the problem your facing won't bias her towards one cause or another.

Be it focus, anxiety or otherwise.

• Like 1

True executive dysfunction is a little tougher than generic lack if motivation. Executive dysfunction is still having the motivation but the inability to utilize it. Like say you want to make a pizza for dinner.

You can drive to the store (probably also difficult but let's skip that). You get to the store and you're excited about pizza. But now you don't know what cheese you want to use. Or what sauce. And everything comes in different sizes and shapes. Is it wasteful to have too much oregano? Do you buy organic or whole grain dough? Do you have a rolling pin? And then you realize you preheated the oven. Or did You? You panic and go home. The oven light was on, but not the oven. There was already flour all over the counter. You were fully motivated to make a pizza. But couldn't.

• Like 1

Perhaps a better example. Imagine your brain is a record and your train of thought is a song. And a complex task is an album. Executive dysfunction is a faulty needle that plays the first minute or so of track 1 just to skip to the middle of track 3 and bouncing between track 7 and 8. If you focus you can get it to play all of track 1, but it leaves you with anxiety about never being able to know how track 3 starts or how track 9 ends.

• Like 2

:arrow:

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Got me a new gaming laptop. Been catching up on my backlog on any available moment. Got the Lenovo Legion Y540 15-inch model, it's pretty nice. With the GTX1660ti, so can play pretty much all games near maxed at 1080p.

And I've been playing CK2, Thronebreaker and Spec Ops: The Line on it...

Yikes.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I got a new PC a little while ago. Fully equipped for VR, up to date to play any game I want.

And I'm playing OS RS. Yep.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

fishing lvl?