Leoo

Today...

So tip.it is kinda... quiet nowadays I see. To be fair I think the last time I was really active was probably 10 years ago.

How is everyone doing with the quarantine? For whatever reason my brain takes bad situations and wants me to be my best self so I've been working out more than ever, have picked up piano etc. Like the more I feel like external things are out of my control the more I want to control internal things.

I'm lucky enough to have an "essential" job I love that's pretty safe, and I'm an introverted guy and don't need a heap of social interaction relative to a lot of people so I'm fairing relatively well.

• Like 1

Hey man. Yeah the boards are a bit quieter now. There was a period of time about a year ago where the boards kept going down for weeks at a time and there was no moderation so the board was just taken over by spambots, so most of the OTers made a discord to stay in touch cause we thought the boards were going to be gone for good. Now the boards are in better shape but discord's a way more convenient medium so most of the activity is there. if you check your PMs soon we'll send you an invite if you use that (and same goes for any other old regulars I've seen popping in here  lately - just message RPG if you want to join)

Anyways, I'm doing alright. Lucky to be in tech so I've been able to work fully remote and still have a job and everything. Living alone though so the isolation parts have been pretty hard. It feels like this isolation has been like a pendulum for me with how well i'm doing - I'll have a couple weeks that are really productive at work and cooking good meals and exercising consistently and practicing my synths followed by a period of just no motivation / energy where I can barely focus on anything and just daze through the days anxious from the news and playing video games til I fall asleep. Trying to be more consistent about the taking care of myself to foster the good weeks but its hard. Lost a couple family members to COVID back in March so I'm extra sensitive to news anxiety right now. 

Thankful for discord / being able to stay connected with online and IRL friends more easily, if I wasn't able to have video calls and stuff i'd be going insane. but yeah, just trying to hang in there and be patient for things to be safe out again.

Software guy here too. Definitely lucky

I think the tip it discord has kept the community alive but devistated the forums

I've actually increased the number of hours of work due to being in the healthcare profession. Although, it is always at the back of my mind that just one simple mistake with forgetting to wash my hands or putting on PPE incorrectly could result in me getting infected with COVID-19.

• Like 2

j0xPu5R.png

🙈

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

God, I'm having stress dreams or nightmares basically every night at this point. I say nightmares, but it's hard to call them that when my dreamself's response to everything is so blazé. Like, last night the dream was that I was being forced by an alien race to participate in the genocide of humanity by handling the distillation of nuclear waste with my bare hands. But, my dreamself's reaction was just... "yeah, alright". They were kind of bored, tbh. Like, no moral quandry over killing everyone. No fear of being tortured by the aliens. Not even a little bit of panic when I spilled the distillation station, and I have panic attacks every time I knock over an empty bowl irl!

It's just weird. Like, the dreams suck, but to describe them as nightmares when they're so banal feels wrong. I never wake up scared, just a little annoyed, and it almost feels like it would be better to actually be afraid of those dreams...

Wish I knew what my psyche was trying to do here

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

22 hours ago, Tesset said:

God, I'm having stress dreams or nightmares basically every night at this point. I say nightmares, but it's hard to call them that when my dreamself's response to everything is so blazé. Like, last night the dream was that I was being forced by an alien race to participate in the genocide of humanity by handling the distillation of nuclear waste with my bare hands. But, my dreamself's reaction was just... "yeah, alright". They were kind of bored, tbh. Like, no moral quandry over killing everyone. No fear of being tortured by the aliens. Not even a little bit of panic when I spilled the distillation station, and I have panic attacks every time I knock over an empty bowl irl!

It's just weird. Like, the dreams suck, but to describe them as nightmares when they're so banal feels wrong. I never wake up scared, just a little annoyed, and it almost feels like it would be better to actually be afraid of those dreams...

Wish I knew what my psyche was trying to do here

I also have weird dreams. But my grandmother thaught me that dreams are our unconcious self that tries to tell us something or want to teach us how to improve our selfs. So; I'd say if you are a worrier in waking state, then your brain wants you to learn how to relax more. Don't take everything so serious. Be more chill 🙂 Does that make sence?

Like, if you recently have experienced more stress lately, your subconscious self tells you to wind down a litle. Remember; 90% of the stuff we are worried are going to happen, most likely will never happen. Let tomorrow worry about it self and deal with todays issues today. "Yesterday is no longer, today is now and tomorrow has never existed" someone said one time. How true, right?

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

5 hours ago, Sunli said:

So; I'd say if you are a worrier in waking state, then your brain wants you to learn how to relax more. Don't take everything so serious. Be more chill 🙂 Does that make sence?

I mean, brain, if that's what you're trying to tell me, then that one's on you babe. I've spent the past decade trying to get my brain to just relax, lmao, I don't want this anxiety disorder either

• Like 1

who's there?

TANSTAAFL

Banana

Knock knock

Oh my god. [bleep] you, don't numerology at me 😠

My dad subbed to that shit so hard. Can't tell you how many times I was told I was going to be angry forever because my birthday digits added up to 4 or whatever the [bleep] else -.-

I hate astrology too, but numerology actually manages to be worse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tesset said:

Oh my god. [bleep] you, don't numerology at me 😠

My dad subbed to that shit so hard. Can't tell you how many times I was told I was going to be angry forever because my birthday digits added up to 4 or whatever the [bleep] else -.-

I hate astrology too, but numerology actually manages to be worse

I agree with you. I think we create our own future and destiny. Astrology and all the other stuff is just superstition and not a real thing. We create outcome from choises we make.

• Like 1

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

2dtubki.gif.4edea78a1a3eddd9751b846de29ac488.gif

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Did something get deleted? 

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Reading through an old post from 2017 where we were arguing about gender for the umpteenth time, and...

On 9/5/2017 at 1:21 PM, Tesset said:

I'm (mostly) male, both as my sex and gender.

Lmao, that "mostly" is doing a lot of work there, girl

I also find it very helpful to distinguish, because while I don't experience physical dysphoria

Lol, sure Jan

to be fair, lots of wiggle room in that "mostly"

also hi, i was going to hop in, revive the top 10 albums thing from over a decade ago, and then leave again, but I guess this place is extra dead now? Nice.

We all bailed and got a Discord. Ask our glorious leader RPG for the code.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod