Resizable window - Something you probably didnt know

Dacton

The Rs window stretchs the image height when changed but it adds on to the size for width. I can add on another screen to each side :)

In the armadyl encampment I can see from 1 end of the chamber to the other. (I can also see past the minimap without moving the camera lower)

Btw I got a 24" Monitor and use 1920x1200 resolution

Think of the possablilities:

Godwars - I can see armadyl where ever it is now, in my whole screen :)

Barrows - Dungeon, havent tried yet

Bounty Hunter - Have tried yet

Fog - Havent tried

Etc

Regular:

dac1re4.jpg

Widened:

dac2hi4.jpg

King_Dacton.png

I'm running 1920X1200 also, only on a 17" laptop display (The DPI is incredible). Its been like this ever since fullscreen\hd came out, I believe. Very useful; its almost an "unfair advantage" for those of us with good screens, especially when farcasting\ranging. I need to get me a 38" 2056X1800...

EDIT: Himm, it does seem to stretch out more then fullscreen does... Does it only do this when the height is low? I'll have to experiment, it might make Castle Wars even better ::'

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm running 1920X1200 also, only on a 17" laptop display (The DPI is incredible). Its been like this ever since fullscreen\hd came out, I believe. Very useful; its almost an "unfair advantage" for those of us with good screens, especially when farcasting\ranging. I need to get me a 38" 2056X1800...

EDIT: Himm, it does seem to stretch out more then fullscreen does... Does it only do this when the height is low? I'll have to experiment, it might make Castle Wars even better ::'

Maybe they'll make one with 10000+ resolution in the future and we can see all of rs at once lol. I really hope they dont remove this though

EDIT: Yes if you make it higher it shortens the width

King_Dacton.png

Maybe they'll make one with 10000+ resolution in the future and we can see all of rs at once lol. I really hope they dont remove this though

EDIT: Yes if you make it higher it shortens the width

Yep, just finished testing. However, you can see the draw limit at the edges of the screen, so higher res monitors might not help... (Then again, I'm not even sure RS runs at 2056X1800 - never tested it!)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I play RS with a 2960 width =P

I stretch it across 2 monitors, they're uneven so I still see my character and the main stuff on the right side, seeing a huge panoramic-like runescape is epic.

EDIT: I usually see some draw limits, but I think you could go way further, I think I might borrow a third monitor just to test it out.

1z2zrwo.jpg

Lets see what'll happen to people playing RuneScape on their PSP's (or relatively small screened devices.)

I have yet to renew my current account's membership, but I find it hypocritical as JAGeX is giving some people a bigger advantage. Hell, now you can properly Kite a monster now at least, imagine what happens when you hook up a wall-sized telly up as your screen, now lets see how much advantage those guys would have.

Although it's hypocritical to a point, I find the aspect of this feature to be good (not yet tested though) as now you are no longer restricted by the puny playing size.

So this is for HD, but does it affect the full-screen modes?

*wonders if he can link his TV up to his laptop and play RS on a HDTV*

If you could, I think you'd be depressed by the sheer lack of good quality graphics (Well, who doesn't like variation)

A part of my computer (i'm not a techie, but i think it's my graphics setup) allows me to use a television as my screen, although I'd simply prefer to use my LCD monitor as all my screens are simply crap.

Imagine, RuneScape as High Definition as you can get it.

I also only loaded the OP's images, HOLY BLUE JELLO~~~ The width of the viewable area is basically the width of the minimap itself.

Also, when you're on FullScreen, does the viewable area also change?(As I envisioned, a wall-television might just be able to get you to be able to view perhaps the whole GWD map at the same time, now tell me, is that unfair advantage?)

What would happen if you didn't use a wall-screen, but a projector which had pointer sensors? (A wee bit like a Wii perhaps?) If your screen was too big, it'll be hard to use a mouse, since a pointer is so small, and the screen would be bloody massive.

Or perhaps, instead of using a wallscreen telly, use the screen in Federation Square Melbourne!!! (a gaming show did for a racing game, so why can't we?) Now someone tell me that is an unfair advantage.

Oh yeah, to 3_Hit, doesn't your laptop have an AV out port, if it does, and if your HDTV has an AV in, then i'm fairly sure you'll be able to play it. Just make sure your laptop is running directly off the power, and not the battery.

Oh yeah, to 3_Hit, doesn't your laptop have an AV out port, if it does, and if your HDTV has an AV in, then i'm fairly sure you'll be able to play it. Just make sure your laptop is running directly off the power, and not the battery.

Gonna give it a go if I can find/steal a cable from somewhere :lol:

I'll post pics if it works too :thumbsup:

go do it on a thearther screen :lol:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Problem with your HDTV idea is that TV's resolutions aren't exactly brilliant and on top of that the screen ratio is different from that on Computer monitors (16:9 for TV, 16:10 for PC although some TVs can do 16:10) you'd have more success with a bigger Monitor.

I love it, and I haven't used fullscreen since the update... My favorite use for it? Sniping at those pesky ancients across the stream in C'wars. ::' Before, you couldn't see to attack them if they stood on the hill, now I can see a huge section of battlefield. I imagine it'd be useful for BH and ClW as well..

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I can't play in hd, so unfair, they should take it out

How is that an unfair advantage? First, your graphics card has to be competent to handle drawing something that that resolution (god help you if there's a lot of people there, or you're in GWD); second, it's unwieldy to access menus without the hotkeys, and those are unwieldy in themselves. Third, it doesn't change the draw distance from every NPC/player; all it does is extend the visible range.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I can't play in hd, so unfair, they should take it out

How is that an unfair advantage? First, your graphics card has to be competent to handle drawing something that that resolution (god help you if there's a lot of people there, or you're in GWD); second, it's unwieldy to access menus without the hotkeys, and those are unwieldy in themselves. Third, it doesn't change the draw distance from every NPC/player; all it does is extend the visible range.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke... If it wasn't.. :?

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

*wonders if he can link his TV up to his laptop and play RS on a HDTV*

I dont know if someone answered before because I'm just browsing, but its possible, somehow. my friend has it like that and his computer screen takes up an entire wall of his room! he would probably see all of pollinevineach with that!

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

My first thought when HD came out was that they were going to have to retire the old interface (The one windowed was still using).

Now that they have, my first thought was they could remove the scroll bar on the skill interface as each window can be made so much bigger.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png