Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

But yes. Yes you did. Did you not see the quote?

You like the attention, or you would bank it.

The fact that I go to my POH with it on proves that I don't wear it just for attention.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Zierro. If you spend a lot of time on the game, what's the problem with having some marker or milestone of things you've done ? I also play the Xbox 360 online and off, during my spare time, and they got achievement sections too. You can look up what anyone's accomplished on any game they played, and RIGHT on your tag it shows your total score of points.

Did I ever say there was a problem with you wearing a cape around??? Please quote me on it.

If someone unlocks something in online play, and uses it, what makes you think they're using it for your viewing pleasure? God forbid they do it for themselves.

I never said I had a problem with people wearing skill capes if it entertained them.

Everyone else's arguement is so childish and assuming.

So, you're telling me to change the way I play if I'm annoyed by other players.

No, I am saying if you want to stop being bothered stop wearing it. I proposed solutions that would hardly effect your way of playing as well.

You're complaining about me complaining.

Yes I suppose I am.

Fine, then while we're making suggestions to prevent complaints: Quit playing Runescape.

I have. I just have absolutely no life so spend my time trolling 3 other forums similar to this one.

You apparently see "attention hogs" all the time, so why don't you avoid the problem and just quit RS?

^^^

Since not wearing capes is the only way to prevent emote beggars - then quitting RS is the only way to prevent seeing "attention hogs". Your own words can be used against you.

Dude, I have no problem with people wanting attention. I have problems with people who pretend not to like the attention when they really do. Hence the celebrity comment.

In fact, using your own reasoning, you could actually say that wearing anything that isn't the most efficient means that you are a "showoff". Yes folks, that means that even Cav-wearers are also "showoffs".

Ok right again. I never said people who showed off there skills were bad.

I'd rather take the one prayer and suffer the consequence of getting bombarded by emote beggars. That's my choice - not your's.

Ok if you want to be bombarded by them stop whining about them

And let's get off the subject of stat bonuses for a second. Am I not allowed to wear a cape for it's looks? Hunter Cape is by far the coolest looking cape I own. I wear it everywhere I go - not just in crowded places.

I addressed this up there. I don't care if you wear something for the looks. Incase you have never noticed before the most expensive items in the game are only there for the looks.

In fact, I even take it to my POH! But what?? No one's there except me?? OMG! I'm wearing it without showing it off!! But I thought Monkey and Klutz said that was impossible?? No, Monkey and Klutz were wrong. Some people do wear it to showoff, but that doesn't mean all of them do.

Dude, I never said you did. I agreed with a poster who pointed out that so many people really enjoy the attention of being asked even if they pretend they don't.

Just gonna say this again so maybe you people catch it this time: self-satisfaction.

If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff (wearing a skill cape in a crowded bank when they are just sitting there and talking) and they would be left alone.

I never said I have a problem with you flattering yourself. I only said that if it really pisses you off that much there are multiple solutions to the problem.

Please stop acting like I think you are some idiot. I don't. I never once attacked you. I only agreed with a statement stating that there were people out there who pretend to dislike attention but thrive on it.

Just because I quote someone in one post, does not mean I totally support them and agree with everything they say.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Klutz, you replied to Monkey's post and said:

That is all so true.

To me, that implies that you are agreeing with him. If you weren't agreeing with everything then why would you add the word, "all"? By the way, the way you were talking in that post with the pictures wasn't exactly friendly. But anyways, we should just agree to disagree. If you really don't have a problem with me wearing a skill cape, then it would be pointless to argue. My posts were mainly directed at Monkey anyways.

My bad, I see how those two sentences mean exactly the same thing.

It's okay. It happens.

"But I thought Monkey and Klutz said that was impossible??"

"You like the attention, or you would bank it."

My bad, I see how those two sentences mean exactly the same thing. :wall:

I'm kind of surprised you don't see what that implies, as you don't seem that ignorant.

He was being sarcastic? :shock:

You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Translates to: You wear your cape for attention.

Am I not allowed to wear a cape for it's looks? Hunter Cape is by far the coolest looking cape I own. I wear it everywhere I go - not just in crowded places. In fact, I even take it to my POH! But what?? No one's there except me?? OMG! I'm wearing it without showing it off!! But I thought Monkey and Klutz said that was impossible??

Translates to: I wear it even when no one can see me, but yet you said I wear it for attention.

All righty....

Since you used the "all" argument. Tell me where in the post I agreed with he said "ALL" players act that way.... Ok then....

I never disagreed with you. You obviously just don't understand that there are players who complain about noobs bothering them when they where their skills capes where if they player honestly wanted them to stop he could simply use different equipment that achieves the exact same effect.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

So you really want to continue this then? Well, I hope you know what you're getting into. ;)

Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are.

1. He's making the assumption that it doesn't actually annoy people. Hence the words: "act like"

I can tell you for a fact that it does annoy us - in the same way players asking random questions annoys a level 138. No, nothing serious, which is why we're not going to change how we play the game - but annoying to the point where we will complain.

2. He's making the assumption that since we do the emote, it means we crave attention. Hence the words: "like the true attention [bleep] they really are"

I don't do the emote for attention. I do it to rid myself of attention - to get them to say, "Oh nice," so they can move on and leave me alone instead of repeatedly asking me. It's still annoying though. And when I've had enough of doing it for that day - I just move away from them and don't do the emote. But like I said, that still doesn't get rid of the fact that it's annoying.

I never disagreed with you. You obviously just don't understand that there are players who complain about noobs bothering them when they where their skills capes where if they player honestly wanted them to stop he could simply use different equipment that achieves the exact same effect.

Personally, I like how Hunter Cape looks over those other ones you suggested. Also, it's a good reminder to myself of what I accomplished. If I am about to give up - I'll just look at my Hunter Cape and say, "Now wait! If I got 99 Hunter, then I can accomplish this goal too." Like I said, I even wear it in my POH when no one is around.

*Grabs popcorn bags and candy* *Watches and eats*

I think you missed the good stuff. Now they're just trying to weasel out of admitting what they said. Too bad we got quotes on here.

So you really want to continue this then? Well, I hope you know what you're getting into. ;)

Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are.

1. He's making the assumption that it doesn't actually annoy people. Hence the words: "act like"

I can tell you for a fact that it does annoy us - in the same way players asking random questions annoys a level 138. No, nothing serious, which is why we're not going to change how we play the game - but annoying to the point where we will complain.

2. He's making the assumption that since we do the emote, it means we crave attention. Hence the words: "like the true attention [bleep] they really are"

I don't do the emote for attention. I do it to rid myself of attention - to get them to say, "Oh nice," so they can move on and leave me alone instead of repeatedly asking me. It's still annoying though. And when I've had enough of doing it for that day - I just move away from them and don't do the emote. But like I said, that still doesn't get rid of the fact that it's annoying.

Personally, I like how Hunter Cape looks over those other ones you suggested. Also, it's a good reminder to myself of what I accomplished. If I am about to give up - I'll just look at my Hunter Cape and say, "Now wait! If I got 99 Hunter, then I can accomplish this goal too." Like I said, I even wear it in my POH when no one is around.

*Grabs popcorn bags and candy* *Watches and eats*

I think you missed the good stuff. Now they're just trying to weasel out of admitting what they said. Too bad we got quotes on here.

Ok, I am annoyed now. If I say "Players macro" it is a fact. Does it mean all players do it?? No, not at all. He never said all players were that way.

Second thing is you quote me when i am talking about OTHER players and you respond with a passage containing 5+ 'I's' and other words that infer you. I am not talking about you obviously.

If it annoys you why do you let the players walk all over you and do the emote for them?? That is why the keep asking. Because you do it. People aren't stupid. They comprehend things and they will figure out to stop asking if people stop doing it when they are asked.

I take full responsibility for what I said. I don't try to weasel out of anything. You have yet to quote me on anything I have said without totally twisting it into something it isn't. In this post I say

"PLAYERS" I never said YOU. You respond with a great passage about yourself. Nobody asked for your life story.

What really grumps my *** here is that you overlook ONE BIG thing! Maybe someone decided to get the Cooking, FM or Hunter cape because he thinks it fits with his outfit? Maybe he don't care if you are jelaous (Cause that's what you are, yes. I am aswell on some capes no doubt) and whine about how little life he got? Maybe he took 2 years to get that skill and then some random looser comes along and starts insulting him? Is that the kind of MMORPG we want? I highly doubt anyone of us wants a world of Runescape just to be about insulting eachothers. Get off his back and EARN IT like everyone else and stop the ******* whine! Jesus christ, you are all a bunch of nabs for insulting someone for an achievement that you probably would do if you had the chance, but no you gotta act all macho. Again, get off his back and earn it like everyone who's got a 99. :x

Ok, I am annoyed now. If I say "Players macro" it is a fact. Does it mean all players do it?? No, not at all. He never said all players were that way.

Nice job taking things completely out of context! :thumbsup:

If I say: "Vegetarians don't eat meat," that implies that vegetarians - as a whole (all) - do not eat meat. It does not imply that only some vegetarians eat meat.

"Secondly, players act like it annoys the hell out of them to be asked, then the next thing you know, you see them doing the emote endlessly like the true attention [bleep] they really are."

Translates to: Anyone who claims to be annoyed and does it anyways is an attention seeker.

Do I really have to sit here and translate everything to you people? Is English your second language?

Second thing is you quote me when i am talking about OTHER players and you respond with a passage containing 5+ 'I's' and other words that infer you. I am not talking about you obviously.

I am the owner of skill capes. I'm not the only exception to this "rule of attention" - I'm sure I'm speaking for many other players too.

If it annoys you why do you let the players walk all over you and do the emote for them?? That is why the keep asking. Because you do it. People aren't stupid. They comprehend things and they will figure out to stop asking if people stop doing it when they are asked.

So I'm the only player who does emotes? No. They wouldn't ask in the first place if they knew the answer was always "No". Unless you can someone convince every single player to never do the emote, you're just making a pointless argument that only works in theory. Keep trying though, you might get me eventually!

I take full responsibility for what I said. I don't try to weasel out of anything. You have yet to quote me on anything I have said without totally twisting it into something it isn't. In this post I say

Honestly, should I even take your word for that? Maybe you should refer to your prior posts.

"PLAYERS" I never said YOU. You respond with a great passage about yourself. Nobody asked for your life story.

Wait. Your posts are directed to me - yet you're not talking about me?

What really grumps my *** here is that you overlook ONE BIG thing! Maybe someone decided to get the Cooking, FM or Hunter cape because he thinks it fits with his outfit? Maybe he don't care if you are jelaous (Cause that's what you are, yes. I am aswell on some capes no doubt) and whine about how little life he got? Maybe he took 2 years to get that skill and then some random looser comes along and starts insulting him? Is that the kind of MMORPG we want? I highly doubt anyone of us wants a world of Runescape just to be about insulting eachothers. Get off his back and EARN IT like everyone else and stop the ******* whine! Jesus christ, you are all a bunch of nabs for insulting someone for an achievement that you probably would do if you had the chance, but no you gotta act all macho. Again, get off his back and earn it like everyone who's got a 99. :x

They stopped being relevant to the thread awhile ago, and it's now a context battle; Bunch'a folks weeping about who said what.

They stopped being relevant to the thread awhile ago, and it's now a context battle; Bunch'a folks weeping about who said what.

Too bad, it would have been a fun topic to argue in. I guess not then, locked for irrelevancy maybe? ::'

Lol I am on my second main with 1724 skill total. This is my second main.

pfftt...gtfo

your jelous and a no life so get off this thread and forums and stop flamin people's acievments...

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Maybe he don't care if you are jelaous (Cause that's what you are, yes. I am aswell on some capes no doubt)

I have a 99 Range cape, 99 defense cape, and a 99 hp cape. No way in hell i'm jealous of your Cooking or your fletching. I'm not "jelaous", I think you're too lazy to get a decent cape.

Maybe he took 2 years to get that skill and then some random looser comes along and starts insulting him?

Most of the people that have a skill like 99 cooking worked on it for two weeks. Not two years. And two weeks isn't worthy of any recognition.

Is that the kind of MMORPG we want? I highly doubt anyone of us wants a world of Runescape just to be about insulting eachothers. Get off his back and EARN IT like everyone else and stop the ******* whine!

I find it funny how people that got a skill like 99 cooking want people with 99 Rc capes to "earn"(that term loses it's meaning when refering to cooking and fletching) a 99 Cooking cape.

Jesus christ, you are all a bunch of nabs for insulting someone

Irony at it's finest.

for an achievement that you probably would do if you had the chance, but no you gotta act all macho. Again, get off his back and earn it like everyone who's got a 99. :x

Anyone with two weeks time and access to internet videos has the "chance" to "earn" 99 cooking and fletching.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Nice job taking things completely out of context! :thumbsup:

If I say: "Vegetarians don't eat meat," that implies that vegetarians - as a whole (all) - do not eat meat. It does not imply that only some vegetarians eat meat.

Heheh... ::'

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Why thank you, how kind.

I really don't think I said that either.

I think I said something along the lines of

It is like celebrities (Players with skill capes) who pretend to be bothered by the media (Lower level players/emote beggers). If they were truly bothered they would stop doing crazy stuff (wearing a skill cape in a crowded bank when they are just sitting there and talking) and they would be left alone.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

Combat training is almost just as easy to fix!!!!! You can buy the legendary OBSIDIAN CAPE!!!!!!!!! JUST AS GOOD DEFENSE BONUSES!!!!!!

Only thing you end up sacrificing if a bit of prayer.

OMG I KNOW!!!! Good thing this can be solved too!!!!

THE AMAZING

pr_s_cloak.gif

YOU STILL SACRIFICE ONE PRAYER BUT WHO SAID BEING FAMOUS WOULD BE EASY!!!!!

and if you argue that using the cloak gives you less defense against physical attacks I will quickly point out that if you care about the prayer you will be praying so you won't even be taking damage.

so your saying if you ever got a skill cape you wouldnt wear it?

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Heheh... ::'

I really hope that wasn't directed towards me. Cause you know if it was, you just made a strawman yourself. That would be ironic.

My post wasn't disproving his example, it was showing him that he took it out of context (what someone else has said). So read the entire argument so you don't get confused.

so your saying if you ever got a skill cape you wouldnt wear it?

I would wear it because I would not care if people asked for emote. I have the brain power to shut chat off and leave the area or take it off while those kind of people are around.

To be honest, you should tell those people how useful 99 Cooking is compared to their 99. For example: You can't burn as much as they can, but what does 99 Slayer do? It only allows you to get the cape. Level 91 is the last beast you can slay using that skill (I believe).

Please note, I'm not saying Slayer is a bad skill cape, it requires a lot of time and dedication, I'm just saying 99 Cooking is more useful than 99 Slayer.

j0xPu5R.png

To be honest, you should tell those people how useful 99 Cooking is compared to their 99. For example: You can't burn as much as they can, but what does 99 Slayer do? It only allows you to get the cape. Level 91 is the last beast you can slay using that skill (I believe).

Please note, I'm not saying Slayer is a bad skill cape, it requires a lot of time and dedication, I'm just saying 99 Cooking is more useful than 99 Slayer.

That is actually pretty true for some skills like woodcutting and mining I suppose.

But I bet for the most part most 99 cookers never cook again unless they are going for 15m exp or something like that.

I DO respect firemaking, fletching, and cooking capes, but not as much as the others. They're just easier than the others, even though I do respect the achievment accomplished. However, if someone thinks they're better than someone for having 99 firemaking, fletching, or cooking, I'd have to strongly disagree, it only shows how rich and how dedicated they are to the game.

If there was such an emote, if I saw someone with a summoning cape, I'd bown down to them in respect. Some capes are just more respectable than others.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000