Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

i find noobs that try more respectable than any skill cape owners. To me a skill cape is a sign of sadness, no offence to anyone who has them reading this, but that is my personal opinion. It takes something like 4 months of no lifing for 99 slayer, there for, that person has sat at there PC clicking for 4 months, for a few pixels. It just seems awfully pointless to me.

or they could do it over 1-2 years around life :D

and if its enjoyed its not pointless ^.^

StarViv.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DO respect firemaking, fletching, and cooking capes, but not as much as the others. They're just easier than the others, even though I do respect the achievment accomplished. However, if someone thinks they're better than someone for having 99 firemaking, fletching, or cooking, I'd have to strongly disagree, it only shows how rich and how dedicated they are to the game.

If there was such an emote, if I saw someone with a summoning cape, I'd bown down to them in respect. Some capes are just more respectable than others.

I'd have to agree with you, since some skills are harder to level up in, some skill capes will be more reveared.

Cheefo lol, summoning cape is just cooking cape 2.0.

Errrr.... what?

Cook buys lobsters.

Summoner beats "Wolf Whistle" quest.

Cook goes to rogue's den.

Summoner makes pouches with free the charms.

Cook cooks lobsters.

Summoner runs out of charms, goes to kill monsters for more.

Cook cooks lobsters.

Summoner kills monsters for charms.

Cook cooks lobsters.

Summoner uses charms and expensive spirit shards to level up with pouches.

Cook cooks lobsters.

Summoner runs out of charms, goes kill tougher monsters for better charms.

Cook cooks lobsters.

You get the hint...

These skills are nothing alike.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

O.O

I forgot you had to collect charms....

I just meant it was cooking 2.0 because (once you have the charms) it is basically the same thing except more cash needed and more time walking.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

O.O

I forgot you had to collect charms....

I just meant it was cooking 2.0 because (once you have the charms) it is basically the same thing except more cash needed and more time walking.

cooking 2.0 suggests it's like some update or advancement. If anything, due to charms, it's like cooking beta.

Teehee, this is a funny thread. Seems pretty simple to me... Capes are meant to show (off) your skills. The harder to get stuff gets you more respect. All very childish and all, but still pretty natural.

As for cape wearers being attention [ugly word]s. I'm with Zierro on this one. I always wear my cape because it's beautiful and it stands for rougly 2 years work on my most favourite skill. I don't need other people to congratulate me on it or respect me for it. I didn't get the cape for your amusement, but through my own. It's very sweet to tell me I've got a nice or a cool cape, but I already know that. So don't expect me to say "thanks" every single time and do the emote on command. Especially not since most people then reply with "Np", as if they did me some huge favour by telling me something I already know.

The same goes for the cooking cape: if you're proud of it, wear it and ignore the stupid remarks. If you can't ignore them, you obviously care too much for what people think of you. Either get a tougher cape so you can play all famous with it, or start playing for yourself instead of for others.

this zierro fellow driving anyone else insane? whiner ftw.

I agree 100%. What's his deal? We all know people only accomplish goals to showoff. Not like there's a such thing as self-satisfaction or anything.

By the way, may I ask why you aren't wearing your level 99 Spamming Cape?

I am starting to worry my self. I can understand the rant. But to go on this long about it has me worried. I am worried Zierro is on meds and not taking them, or maybe needs to go see a doctor about getting on meds for something.

Seriously, it is a game and get over it already. Are you seriously this upset over it to continue on this long about it?

in4F.gif

I am starting to worry my self. I can understand the rant. But to go on this long about it has me worried. I am worried Zierro is on meds and not taking them, or maybe needs to go see a doctor about getting on meds for something.

Seriously, it is a game and get over it already. Are you seriously this upset over it to continue on this long about it?

"If you can't beat em, flame em!" Is that what it really has come down too?

The thing is, I've proven you wrong with one word: self-satisfaction. Yet you continue to ignore it and still keep going on about things that aren't even relevant. You can't accept defeat. That's why you resort to flaming.

By all means, let the Special Olympics continue.

That's exactly what you want, or else you would have stopped posting. Again, an irrelevant response that is only meant for insulting me and not actually debating the topic. And why? Because you lost. :lol:

That being said: I still await an actual response challenging what I said about self-satisfaction. Not a response saying something along the lines of, "0mg ur stupid!"

Oh, really? I didn't realize this topic was on the Debate board, I thought it was in the Rants board? I didn't realize the goal here was to win or lose. I thought it was to vent frustration?

Points, feelings and such have been stated. No one is really bringing anything new to the table. Same ol [cabbage] hashed and re-hashed over and over. Quit beating a dead horse. This topic probably would already be dead if not for you.

I care nothing about winning. I just stated some opinions on the rant. This hear is the last time I will post here. One can always come back with a statement to make someone else's last statement look this or that way. This is fuitless.

Let sleeping dog's lie, and continue to Debate on the Debate board. This is the Rants board last time I checked.

in4F.gif

Some people just love taking things out of context don't they? Maybe you got the wrong idea about me saying, "You lost." Let me rephrase: "You were wrong." Better? Anyways, the Rants forum is not for telling me the reason why I do the things I do, thank you very much.

You said I wear my cape to showoff. I said you were wrong, and I even gave you proof! Now instead of responding back - you just chose to start flaming.

Now you're just avoiding things again. I'll ask once again, nicely, please give me a response challenging the existence of self-satisfaction. From the looks of things, I just don't think you can. Maybe that's the real reason why you decided to stop posting...

Let sleeping dog's lie, and continue to Debate on the Debate board. This is the Rants board last time I checked.

Still, you're the one who started the whole thing all over again by having another dig at Zierro after the very oddly timed reviving post by 'Califobia'.

I'm getting a whiff of troll, here, frankly.

Rants are for venting, yes, but also for having a nice discussion and a debate. You post rants here so people can react to them, and agree or show different sides to the issue. That means that if you don't want to be talked back to, you should buy a diary.

Right, and this is where I stop meddling. Except for: knock it off, the pair of ya. Ugh, I'm turning into my mother.

Lets see, I just had one person who has been newly friended tell me that he wants to get 99 WC so he can get the cape. Why? Because he likes how it looks. Not sure if he realizes that the capes are members only though, we were both on F2P when he was telling me about it.

I own three skill capes - woodcutting, runecrafting and fletching - which I value equally as capes of achievement. Of course I know which ones were the hardest and easiest to achieve, but I don't value the runecrafting cape any higher than the others because of it. All of them took a period of dedication to achieve, and I do always choose to wear one of them over, say, an obsidian cape. Why not?

I would not look down upon somebody wearing an untrimmed fletching cape; perhaps he or she can't quite handle the more difficult skills, or perhaps plays a considerable amount less than I do. A good friend of mine used to wear one, and now he's a level 130 with nine 99 skills. Just because somebody is wearing a cooking cape now, doesn't mean they won't be wearing a slayer cape in the future. ::'

- Faiylen -

sig.png

this zierro fellow driving anyone else insane? whiner ftw.

I agree 100%. What's his deal? We all know people only accomplish goals to showoff. Not like there's a such thing as self-satisfaction or anything.

By the way, may I ask why you aren't wearing your level 99 Spamming Cape?

im not wearing it because the self satisfaction i get from achieving 99 spamming, is SOOOO self satisfying i dont have to wear it in public, the satisfaction is all on the inside ;)

Ive been playing runescape for around one year now, and the closest to 99 I have is woodcutting at 91. I dont even like the woodcutting cape that much, but I am choosing to cut my own supplies for my 99 in fletching (i dont like the fletching cape much either to be honest).

Some of us scapers choose not to buy our skills, which is why after a year, I still only have 85 fletching and 85 cooking, purely because I am resourcing the items to train these skills myself, as opposed to taking the easy route to the 99. This however, doesnt mean I look down on those people who do take the easy route to 99, they play the game in the way that makes them happy, the same as I do.

I personally dont look down on skillcapes, to me they represent that someone, regardless of how they have earned the skill, has had the dedication to do something to acheive the final level. They also represent to me, that the 99 in runecrafting or even slayer, can be acheived if you work at it.

Stusangel.png

Stusangel.png

im not wearing it because the self satisfaction i get from achieving 99 spamming, is SOOOO self satisfying i dont have to wear it in public, the satisfaction is all on the inside ;)

And if you read what I wrote, I said I wear it even when I'm alone at my POH. I'm sorry, I thought there was a reason people put up trophies in their own house in real life. Maybe I'm wrong about that too, eh? ;)

I got 99 cooking before skill capes, I got it because I didn't want to burn any more fish. It took me a little over a year to get it. Zierro is completely right, we do not wear capes to get attention, we wear it to show our achievements, and give ourselves a little kick every now and then. The emote is just a neat little bonus we get. So really, how could we wear it to get attention? Really?

V32d.gif

I don't exactly look down on skill capes. I look down on most of the people wearing them.

I am not a member, but was for a half a year, and know a whole lot about Runescape in general. When skill capes came out, you would go to Varrock, and watch a parade of lower levels follow a member wearing barrows and this skill cape. They would scream for the emote, and then this guy would tell them to watch. He would log out.

The people wearing them were jerks. They would go to F2P to show off and act all impressive. They really are not, they are just show offs. Its kinda like F2P and mods. A mod will come on and be instantly surrounded by people asking questions. I am not saying mods are jerks, I am saying that most of the lower levels look up to the people with higher levels and authority. Which I think might be a reason most lower levels are little jerks who cannot leave a lower level alone. Its because they see this guy who has a skill cape and is looked up to at that moment, and then he basically flips them the finger just for his enjoyment.

Nowadays, a lot of people have skill capes and its not that their looked down upon, they are just not that exciting. They were cool when they first came out because everyone was grabbing one and showing off, but now, everyone has one, and no one cares because they have seen it 500 times before.

Pretty much, Capes are not looked down upon. They used to be because of the Jerks who wore them but nowadays, a ton of people have them and they are not that exciting.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I am going to try for a cooking cape in a short while and well to be honest i did not really care for people with cooking or quest cape until i found out how hard it is to get. Any one with a skill cape i respect. I also think the cooking cape looks sweet.

POOPUIDIOT.png

my old account got deleted when the new forum came so too bad.