Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

Perfect example of why I don't like them

What so just because someone is proud of one of their achievements, and wearing a cape they earned means they are showing off? Should we all just walk around in Full Bronze and an Iron scim just so we aren't showing off any wealth?

Anyway, back on topic.. I think it's a shame that people look down upon these capes so much, they are all pretty nice achievements.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. You like the attention, or you would bank it.

Don't lie

This is why, people love the attention, then turn around and talk about how annoyed they are.

What so just because someone is proud of one of their achievements, and wearing a cape they earned means they are showing off? Should we all just walk around in Full Bronze and an Iron scim just so we aren't showing off any wealth?

Anyway, back on topic.. I think it's a shame that people look down upon these capes so much, they are all pretty nice achievements.

That isn't what he is saying. Let me tell a little story to explain it.

Bob has 99 cooking. Bob decides to wear his skill cape into the middle of the GE on a crowded world. Bob knows full well that people are going to ask him to do the emote. Bob *says* he is annoyed by these people but secretly he is doing this on purpose because he enjoys attention. Bob trash talks these people but inside he is bursting with pride.

That is who he is talking about. Heres another story.

Bill has 99 cooking. Bill decides to wear his skill cape to fight caves because it gives good bonuses. Bill hopes nobody asks him to do the emote because he hates it. Bill *IS* annoyed by these people and trash talks them.

Understand the difference? I think Llama monkey is talking about Bob, player 1.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

That isn't what he is saying. Let me tell a little story to explain it.

Bob has 99 cooking. Bob decides to wear his skill cape into the middle of the GE on a crowded world. Bob knows full well that people are going to ask him to do the emote. Bob *says* he is annoyed by these people but secretly he is doing this on purpose because he enjoys attention. Bob trash talks these people but inside he is bursting with pride.

That is who he is talking about. Heres another story.

Bill has 99 cooking. Bill decides to wear his skill cape to fight caves because it gives good bonuses. Bill hopes nobody asks him to do the emote because he hates it. Bill *IS* annoyed by these people and trash talks them.

Understand the difference? I think Llama monkey is talking about Bob, player 1.

So we're supposed to change our whole outfit depending on where we're at or else that proves we are showoffs? No, it doesn't work that way. I wear my Hunter Cape everywhere - crowd or no crowd.

Just please stop trying to assume the intentions of others. It's not working.

Zierro I am sick of arguing with you. I don't even understand what you are talking about. All I said was their are two kinds of players who own skill capes.

Their are the kind who pretend in the open to hate being bothered by people who ask them for emotes but secretly enjoy the attention and their are players who actually do hate it.

The latter group is not who I dislike. I dislike the first group who lie about their dislike of the attention.

I never said you were supposed to change your outfit. I said if you did not want to be bothered it is as simply as putting on another cape.

Compare the low levels to bees (the things that go buzz). You decide one day to wear a shirt (skill cape) that is really bright and flowery. The shirt (skill cape) attracts bees (annoying people). You love the shirt but you hate the bees. You can either put up with the bees or change the shirt.

Do you understand what I am saying? If you want to wear your hunter cape be prepared to put up with the crowds but don't go around whining about them. You know exactly what you are getting yourself into and you exactly how to prevent it. I don't think I have once typed the word "showoffs" or used it to describe people with capes.

I don't have a problem with people showing off. I have a problem (going back to my first paragraph) with people who secretly crave the attention. Why don't you understand that.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

You do know his post that you agreed with was directed specifically at me right?

By the way, I do put up with the crowd. I told you I do the emote so they don't bug me. Are you saying I don't have the right to say that doing my emote 10 times gets annoying?

And if you think I'm just a liar then that's your problem. I make goals and complete them - even on single player games. Would you like to tell me how I'm supposed to showoff my achievements on a single player game?

i like to try and get 99s cuz i like to see it maxed out and feel that i have acomplised something. i wear the cape so ppl know wot i have achieved. i like wearing my fishing cape and i like it more when people say "nice fishing lvl" and i reply "tyvm :D" then that will usually end up in a conversation bout fishing and other skills and then chances are u have made a new friend.

my first 99 was cooking which i got a few years back before jagex brought out the "cook x" option which i have to admit really annoyed me as i had spent a lot of time clicking and could not afk it to any extent. i hate when the more recent idiots of this game who gained 99 cooking in a matter of weeks feel the need to slag cooking off becuz they were more or less given a nice and easy ride to 99 cooking.

y do u more "hardcore" players see fit to ridicule players with lower combat who chose to get 99 fletching over 99 attack?

200TH TO 99 COOKING, JULY '05

ryles_reck.png

Ok, his post was directed at you. Excuse me for generalizing it.

Do PLAYERS really need that cape on to sit at the bank booth crafting or fletching. THEY like the attention, or THEY would bank it.

Don't lie

Better?

And before I here "Why aren't people allowed to wear their capes while fletching?" I will answer it. If you want to wear your cape and fletch their are GOBS of banks that are completely empty 99% of the time and it takes about 2 minutes to find one. Don't do your fletching at Falador east or Varrock West.

I DIDN'T SAY YOU WERE A LIER. I SAID THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO LIE AND THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE I DISLIKE.

OMG, come on. Stop just making [cabbage] up like "You think I'm a lier?". I didn't say that. Jeez.

OMG, come on. Stop just making [cabbage] up like "You think I'm a lier?". I didn't say that. Jeez.

When you agreed with his post that was directed towards me specifically, what do you expect me to think? But if you were just generalizing it then I guess there is no problem - all I was saying is that his post was aiming at telling me my own intentions.

I don't look down on 99's, but I wont congratulate someone for getting 99 Cooking / Fletching / Firemaking just for the sake of getting a 99 cape the easiest way. If they liked the skills then I would congratulate them but if they did it just for the cape I wont pay much respect to it.

I actually enjoy doing emotes. Now, if some random noob asks me to do the emote while fighting the kbd...no...not going to happen.

I fight all the time for my qp cape. Ironically, I have this weird fetish with green atm. (Blue to green, lol.) Because of that, I'm almost always seen wearing guthix dhide, seercull, and a guthix cape. My qp cape is sitting in the bank gathering dust :cry: :cry: :cry:

Probably because of those stupid tassels in front :evil: . They make me look fat in my dragonhide :? . I'd like it if we could have the 'operate' option to toggle hood, tassels, and shoulder guards up and down.

Back OT: you can't really hate the people because guys DO like to get pestered for their accomplishments (something my guy friend told me while writing this post lol). It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe to a guy, but not to me :roll:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I have this problem with my quest cape. I worked for months getting the skills up for it, and dont even get me started on the month i didn't have it when rocking out came out. I went and did some f2p bounty hunter (epically failed at 100 cb -.- ) and someone said to me, " lol the noob is worried about losing a cape that over 1 million people have." Well if he looked at the high scores and saw that 69 smithing still has just over 100k people, he would understand.

But i get what you are saying with the cooking cape, its looked down upon because it is one of the easier capes to get, but that doesn't take away at the fact that it took time and money to get.

Qp cape achieved 2/17/08, 99 strength achieved 7/8/09, 99 attack achieved 5/28/10, 99 hitpoints achieved 8/22/10

Rskellington.png

Just looking at the high scores, Cooking has less that 50k 99's, that's less than 50k people who MIGHT have the cooking cape. (48645 currently with 6 people who only need 1 exp to go up to it). So, if it's so easy to get, why aren't there more? And if someone tells you that it's so easy to get, where is theirs? Might want to ask them that next time.

Some Capes mean coins,Is cooking good?

If you are a warrior,then cooking is good since cooking helps you to stay with your targets longer,that's all!

You have asked about Level 99 hunter,Some Prey is good for coins,Getting Coins for Dragonstones and onyx,I think should be normal,He may be good at attack.Just getting more coins and some rare things.

I have seen a level 98 guy having about 2,000 red chinchompas on hand,The amount is enough for a whip,What do you think?

I have been members area for about a month,It looks like a great fun but there is a problem.

Some Level is pretty Critical if i want to get more.

Looking on capes,Nothing,just how much coins they can get and I guess i will be able to get at least one.

chuheichuhei.gif

Yes, i feel most peoples pain. i myself have two skill capes, fire making, and thieving. two fairly easy skills but i cant stand it when some noob comes up to me and taunts me for having a skill cape and all that i can say to them is "why?". i have had my share of being called an auto but why? why would i want to use an auto its just dumb. most people just come up to you and taunt you because they don't know how to play the game fair or don't even know how to play it at all. Most beginning players who are starting out and learning the ropes of runescape think they "owned" the game already. WRONG, they still have ways to go. fire making was my first ever skill cape. it's probably the most taunted cape that any one could have. i had 90 and below players come up to me and yell at me for spending 2, 3, 5 million gold pieces on a and i quote "useless, worthless piece of garbage cape" it just makes me so angry that noobs who cant even make a dime in runescape have to rip on other players who have worked so hard for there capes and there items, etc. :wall: all that i have to say to people who have worked hard on there findings: I CONGRATULATE YOU.

rdakillatr1.jpg

thanks to axeraider70 for creating the beautiful signature!

I think people look down on the more common or easy skill capes because of the fact they've been told how easy and noob certain 99s are.

Yesterday I was walking round in my cooking cape (t), suddenly... (I added the grammar)

"Hey, Dooms_Potato, I bet your other 99 is fletching" (He has abouit 900 total lvl, and highest skill of like 72 cooking)

So I reply 'Yeah, and Firemaking, so what?"

"They're noob 99s so you're a noob"

Me: "Why are they noob 99s then?"

Him: "Cos they easy"

Me: "Why"

Him: "Idk"

Its crazy, he doesn't even know why he thinks my cape is for noobs, and yet he's looking down upon it like he's some form of god.

I think people just don't understand that, although some 99s are actually easier then others- not 1 single 99 is actually easy to obtain.

I also had a similar occurance wearing my quest cape, but its almost identical to the one above.

And about the 2 types of people- Ones who show they hate being asked for emote to get attention, and ones that truly hate it?

What about us people who actually like it, and feel proud of their achievement when people do ask?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I respect people that save lives and fought in wars and stuff. Not skill cape owners, sorry. :| If you get called a noob, then they are a noob for actually caring. I'm not saying skill cape owners are saddos or anything, althouh for lots that is probably likely :lol:

~Jaffa x (Magical Flying Doormat)

Baa Ram Ewe, Baa Ram Ewe, Sheep be Wise and Sheep be True

Pie Party Productions

http://www.youtube.com/user/PiePartyProductions

I respect people that save lives and fought in wars and stuff. Not skill cape owners, sorry. :| If you get called a noob, then they are a noob for actually caring. I'm not saying skill cape owners are saddos or anything, although for lots that is probably likely :lol:
mistasha were talking about a game called "runescape" this has nothing to do with wars, violence etc. and i cant see how that ties together with a game.. lol, and by the way people who have skill capes are respected players of the runescape community it shows other people that they have the potential ability's to do anything even if it is just cooking or fletching. :lol: not trying to be rude or anything im just saying okay.

rdakillatr1.jpg

thanks to axeraider70 for creating the beautiful signature!

and by the way people who have skill capes are respected players of the runescape community it shows other people that they have the potential ability's to do anything even if it is just cooking or fletching.

Exactly. If you can spend hours and hours clicking, then that shows how much willpower and determination you have. Also, discovering the most efficient ways of training are part of the challenge too.