Why do people look down on skill capes?

cloud5856

I find it funny that the main people that make fun of these capes are players that don't even own one. I mean if they are so easy to get than why does the person making fun of you not have one? Why does every noob and his dog not have one? :thumbsup:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should respect ALL skill-capes, including the "easy" ones, because every skill-cape, no matter how "easy" takes a huge amount of time and considerable effort to obtain. They might simply be jealous that a person with a skill-cape owns more than they do.

I disagree. People who spent hours training a skill like mining or WC or slayer should get more respect then someone who stood at a bank and no-lifed 100 hours.

You say no-life as if getting a mining cape is having a life? Anywho, what right does a noob with no 99s have to make fun of any cape when they have none at all? :cry:

Also quest capes are seen as lesser capes, this annoys me too since ill be getting one soon :wall:

I think there was a discussion about which kind of cape:quest or skill was better. From what I gathered it was not really seen as a lesser cape, many people acknowledging it takes more time to get than many 99s.

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

I think people usually "look down upon" 99s they perceive as quick and or relatively cheap. If someone wants to waste 5m getting cooking to 99 JUST for the cape then that's their choice and I'm not going to harass them for it.

After recently getting fm to just 80 I've gotta say it would actually be a pretty hard 99. (clicking mainly)

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

I still believe you should have a harder 99 in order to look down on someone else's 99. If you're going to say that the quest cape isn't hard, you should have one yourself.

If you're going to talk down to someone that has accomplished something, no matter how small you think it is, you should've at least accomplished something equal or better, otherwise you come off as the hobo calling the small business owner a failure.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I guess people don't look down on skillcapes, but on the time wasted getting one. I mean, how many people get 99 cooking because they like it? That's probably why the less common capes are more respected, usually the owners had either too much money to spend or really liked the skill. And of course, harder 99's deserve more respect because they're harder to get.

2dvjurb.png

People should respect ALL skill-capes, including the "easy" ones, because every skill-cape, no matter how "easy" takes a huge amount of time and considerable effort to obtain. They might simply be jealous that a person with a skill-cape owns more than they do.

I disagree. People who spent hours training a skill like mining or WC or slayer should get more respect then someone who stood at a bank and no-lifed 100 hours.

You say no-life as if getting a mining cape is having a life? Anywho, what right does a noob with no 99s have to make fun of any cape when they have none at all? :cry:

I have some skillcapes, does that mean I'm allowed to make fun of them? Seriously, I hate the "You don't have a skillcape so you're not allowed to have on opinion" mentality.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Its porbably because those specific capes are so freaking common and look so generic compared to the rarer capes like mining or smithing.

besides, no offense, but the cooking cape looks like balls when it's trimmed. Red and purple is like... the worst combo ever - it goes with practically nothing.

I laugh at firemaking capes because they're an epic waste, so you got 99 firemake? pfft, what you gunna do? light a pyre magic log in front of me? Wave your weird-[wagon] mining/woocutting tool around? ooooooo.

So totally worth the 2 weeks you spent making those little "cht cht" noises.

So no-lifing next to a rock or a tree or a monster deserves more respect than no-lifing at a bank?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

So no-lifing next to a rock or a tree or a monster deserves more respect than no-lifing at a bank?

Anyone who has killed off that many hours on a single skill/objective demands recognition, it's just that the type of "recognition" can vary.

Wow. Mining/Slayer you can't AFK. Most skills you can.

Thats why its respected.

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

Thats why its respected.

I'm not questioning that mining or slayer is more respectable than something like cooking. I personally agree that it is. But pantim is implying that any skill that allows you to remain at a bank (buyable) is not worthy of recognition or respect. Personally, there's at least one or two buyables that I would respect over woodcutting, which is easily AFKable. And slayer is very AFKable, in my opinion.

And his post sounds like that he thinks anyone who stands at a bank is no-lifing so he can toss insults at them. Whereas mining and slayer, etc. are so respectable that he's not going to accuse someone with 99 in one of those as no-lifing, even though it is certainly possible that someone could have no-lifed to 99 mining and someone could have spent 3 years slowly getting 99 cooking.

I totally agree that some skills are better and more respectable than others. I'm more challenging his wording than anything else.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Thats why its respected.

Actually Slayer is alot more AFKable than alot of other skills are, it's just slow xp per hour. Definately more AFKable than Firemaking is, which is one of the skills most "looked down" upon.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I wouldn't say combat capes are any more difficult, considering it takes less attention. If anything, especially with the addition of Soul Wars, it's relatively easy. Heck, I borrowed a SS from a friend and busted from 80 strength to now being passed my fletching (both level 91 but more XP.. I think?)

The only people who deserve TONS of respect for their combat capes are the ones that control train and get all 4 at the same time pretty much.

i support yesterday i was at the giant mole and i was soloing it when a team of 2 lv 90s with very crappy and cheap armour come up to me and say get lost you nooby cooking cape noob!! everyone has one get lost and bunch of crap like this and they dont have a skill 99 and there putin my skill cape down when they dont even have one!?!? wtf!?!??! and quest capes you need almost every lv 60+ too do all the quest and some people put them down and say its not an acievment!

considering Summer's End as well.

DAMNIT, it's the only thing standing between me and my quest cape.

I can't seem to do it right.

I gave up sorta until I come back from Japan because I made the 2nd and 4/5 of the 3rd pyre, then was trying to get the last log put down when I got 1 hitted (triple threat wtf lol). I only have myself to blame though because if I had of lit the 2nd pyre instead, I would at least only have 1 to go even if I died.

Summer's End

While Guthix Sleeps

3 more days until deadline!

If someone enjoys cooking/fletching/firemaking in RS, then it's alright. It's the lazy noobs who just want a skill cape because it's z0mgwtfbbql33t that I look down on.

Only a complete idiot would spend 65+ hours on a skill (or anything in that matter) that they do not enjoy, only to show off. The only thing I can see is "Hey look, I wasted 65 hours of my time on RS getting something I never actually wanted!". Instead, you could've spent the 65 hours on a skill you actually enjoy, bringing you one step closer to 99.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

well being an owner of both cook + fletch i know from experience I never got called noob.

I was even complimented by people :o

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Fletch and cooking capes noob.

:lol:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I dont look down on skillcapes, but i dont respect anyone just because they found the time to click on a screen for several hours. Congratulations if you own one, but being nice will earn you more respect than getting a skillcape will. I'd waay rather do something fun.Firecapes ftw!!!! (haha im going to get one in a few months... or years_