Void Armor- it's a disease!!!

fenrir321

3) I believe I made a mistake in the formula of damage. Unlike melee with is +10% max hit (28 to 30), the range bonus is just +10% of your base ranged lvl. So, if you have 85 range, you are ranging with 93, which might increase your max hit by +3 ;) . Still not good at lower lvls though.

It's a common misconception that it is 10% your Ranged Level. It's 10% to Ranged Attack! Not level. Whatever your Ranged Attack bonus is (when you click the equipment screen) it is the bonus + 10%. So if you had a Ranged Attack bonus of +100, with full Ranged Void your actual bonus is +110.

The same goes for the Mage helm with a 30% increase to your Magic Attack bonus. I'm not sure about Melee (since it could be the Attack bonus or Attack level) but following the trend, it could be for all the Attack bonuses.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

@ Locutus:

Instead of trying to pluck the bonuses from our memories, I just opened the manual and found the quote \' :

Void Knight Armour

You must have at least level 42 in Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Ranged and Magic, as well as having 22 Prayer or more to buy these items from the Knights.

If you wear a complete set of void knight armour (you don't need a mace for the set), you will receive a bonus 'set effect' depending on the helm you have chosen to wear.

* Void melee helm: +10% to Attack and damage

* Void mage helm: +30% to Magic attack

* Void ranger helm: +10% to Attack and damage

You can't just apply the bonus to the attack bonuses either; you also need to work in your base level of the appropriate style. So, you're putting your magic lvl, magic attack, prayer, AND void mage together to get your magic attack. The accuracy formula is one of the few that elude me, so I couldn't tell you by numbers what the void mage accuracy bonus is exactly at each lvl (but I'm guessing it's most likely a parabola, as opposed to Ahrim's which is most likely linear.)

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I didn't pluck the bonuses from my memory, I used the Knowledge Base as well.

And if you want to include prayers, then whatever. The fact is, it is 10% to the Attack Bonus, not the level.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Alright, so now that we've come to terms about what the bonuses do and do not affect, is trading 200+ defense and 2-3 damage points really worth +10-12 attack in melee? And since you would only give more or less +8 ranged attack, is that worth the drop of 20 in defense? (Even with +2-3 damage with no d bow spec ;) ).

Still, there's something to think about: mystic might increases your magic lvl with an invisible boost, maybe void mage does the same? And some people on this thread have reported having been more accurate with void range than blk dhide. Obviously, there's something we're both missing in this discussion of what defines "attack" in the skills :-k

Still, there's something to think about: mystic might increases your magic lvl with an invisible boost, maybe void mage does the same? And some people on this thread have reported having been more accurate with void range than blk dhide. Obviously, there's something we're both missing in this discussion of what defines "attack" in the skills :-k

What the hell?! Like you suddenly come out and say "Hm, maybe mystic armour gives you an invisible magic level boost." Yeah, right... And Black D'hide has an invisible ranged boost and rune armour has an invisible strength one.... :roll:

Void mage doesn't have an invisible magic level bonus, it has an magic attack bonus.

What defines 'Attack' is the bonus in the Equipment Stat screen. 'Nuff said.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

What the hell?! Like you suddenly come out and say "Hm, maybe mystic armour gives you an invisible magic level boost." Yeah, right... And Black D'hide has an invisible ranged boost and rune armour has an invisible strength one.... :roll:

Void mage doesn't have an invisible magic level bonus, it has an magic attack bonus.

What defines 'Attack' is the bonus in the Equipment Stat screen. 'Nuff said.

I mean invisible in the sense that prayer doesn't visibly increase your attack by 15% and allow you to wear better weapons. Mystic might will obviously increase your magic accuracy, but it doesn't let you cast better spells. I didn't mean invisible attack stats; I was talking about a level boost. I distinctly remember that the manual before the site update said "+10% attack and strength, +10% range, +30% mage level attack". But since the only way to prove that without a Jagex mod, I guess that sentence was a waste of space #-o . We could always ask Jagex for the exact bonuses to which part of the accuracy (base level, equipment, or even both), but everyone knows that they are being hypocritical with an "automated" customer service response :lol: :lol: :lol: . Anyway, assuming that it does only affect equipment bonuses, are the bonuses actually worth is in pvp since the defense are obviously lower?

edit: new theory, maybe the "invisible equipment bonus" is equal to 10% of your attack level, 10% of range lvl, and 30% of your magic lvl? If we actually had the numbers and not just experiments, we could easily say if Void is better or worse than some armor or maybe all of it with the proper lvls.

and the manual doesn't say specifically "equipment attack", so it's not 'nuff said. Mystic might increases your mage attack. But why are we even on this detail? The topic is "Is it worth it?" Got to blame myself for going off topic on my own thread :wall: :wall: :wall:

i look down on people that pc lvs too 99's its just sad...you hardly do anything and your get lots of exp.... when people work like crazy too lv...

No, that is called be smart, in the end 99 from PC or 99 from monsters is the same exact thing so quit crying because you can't figure out how to play pest control.

Anyways people wear void armor for the look.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008

Void armour is a mystery to me in what way it actually affects the accuracy. So far I assumed it was added on the total attack bonus which includes your current attack level and equipment bonus but I am not sure anymore. Never was actually, I am and was just speculating. #-o

However, I would like to point out that equipment which increase your ranged attack bonus does not affect your damage, just your accuracy; much like melee weapons have separate, however in their case, visible strength bonuses. In regards to that, the ranger compensates their lower damage by having lethal accuracy that is higher than anything that a warrior or mage can achieve. That creates a steady flow of damage unless counterpointed by a warriors often very high ranged defense. It's a mich-mach of rock, paper and scissor tactics, as always.

Back on-topic though, the void robes have their pros and cons just like any other armour- or weapon set. Working to collect void sets is a big pain, so I agree that it is a bit odd that someone would risk those horrific many hours you have to spend to receive a new one should you die in Bounty Hunter. :)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I'll have to disagree with some of your points.

melee: the maximum hit of normal equipment with salve (e), sup str, piety and AGS spec is 83

Using void melee, your max hit is 80. There is an obvious dip in damage for selecting, what, +10%? I'm not sacrificing 250 defense just for +10% accuracy...

10% damage far outpreforms 15% Str and accuracy, had to say it.

Use of salve(e) is quite limited it should not be presented as a argument at all. For sure Black masks and Salve overpower void knight melee, you can't use it for every single monster. Many people wear void knight melee for the accuracy it gives (normal armour does not provide any) which can make quite a difference even its just "10%", and when they are barely taking any damage at all or magic damage.

magic: possibly the most useful of the three. It gives a +30% in magic accuracy (I believe it outperforms ahrim's in this department). But because of the defense, it is still not a viable option when compared to Ahrims.

It is not very tactical to mage WITHOUT a safespot, so if you do use a safespot, maging with 0 or 322 def makes no difference. I have no knowledge about the increase of magic accuracy, so I wouldn't talk about that.

Actually, it's useless. It doesn't increase max hit and has less accuracy than ahrims = 0 use. 0. None. Do some research, which you seem to be ranting other players for not doing...

range: +10% ranged accuracy and damage. Except for high damage special attacks, like dark bow spec and rune bolts (and for anti mage with the seercull spec), there is no point in using this armor over blk dragonhide. Hitting an 80 + 10% is one thing, but hitting a 12 + 10% is another...And the accuracy only barely makes up for the massive drop in ranged attack. And since blk dhdie is easy to obtain and gives much better ranged and melee defenses, it is better for pvp (unless you're using ice barrage, but then they could range too...)

Ah yes, the misleading 10%, yet not true. At a base hit of 14 normally, I could hit 17 with void, that's at least 25% increase. The main range bonus comes from the weapon, which is why people still can range effective in tank, even full torags. Also, it has been proven time and again that void range exceeds armadyl in terms of exp/hr for some training methods (even chinning). Comparison of stats between both is insignificant since the difference is only single digit bonuses. In PvM defence is not important since you will be safespot ranging.

Actually, I agree with you here.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Well first of all, I think that Mage Void is actually the least useful. Even with the 30% bonus, Ahrims still beats it.

But Range is incredible helpful. For simply training it's higher hits more than make up for it's lower accuracy. And the higher you get your range level, the better and better it gets. Only Armadyl is better than it, but if you don't have 20m+ to spend on it like most people then void is better.

Void Melee is also useful in alot of places. Anyplace where you won't get hit and need to do lots of damage (like world 6 Bandos) or anyplace where you need mage def (like Kbd), Void is obviously better than d hide.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

Well first of all, I think that Mage Void is actually the least useful. Even with the 30% bonus, Ahrims still beats it.

But Range is incredible helpful. For simply training it's higher hits more than make up for it's lower accuracy. And the higher you get your range level, the better and better it gets. Only Armadyl is better than it, but if you don't have 20m+ to spend on it like most people then void is better.

Void Melee is also useful in alot of places. Anyplace where you won't get hit and need to do lots of damage (like world 6 Bandos) or anyplace where you need mage def (like Kbd), Void is obviously better than d hide.

Armadyl plate + legs are +5 more range bonus then black d hide. Not going to make even a noticable difference in training. Void range could possibly give a very small XP boost for training on monsters like yaks, but the actual boost would be under 10%, and the overall XP boost would probably be less then if you just spent your PC points on range. I really can't see a use for void melee after 99; you are rarely killing low defence monsters. Oh, and the XP rates for chins with void and d hide are within 1k for each other.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Got the void range armor, faster kills overall, especially at mithril dragons.

When you don't need heavy range/melee defense, void is WAY better than dhides/karils/armadyl(which is a huge waste of money imo)

So no way that void sucks.

The only bad part is getting it and losing it, tbh.

The mage set isn't useless. Coupled with a dfs and solid mage bonus gear, you can get around +210 ranged def. Your mage bonus hurts, but you can still get 35-40 or so, and add that to the set bonus of +30% it's the only answer magic has to ranged.

The mage set isn't useless. Coupled with a dfs and solid mage bonus gear, you can get around +210 ranged def. Your mage bonus hurts, but you can still get 35-40 or so, and add that to the set bonus of +30% it's the only answer magic has to ranged.

Ever try to hit a high level player in karils with maxed mage bonus? Splash city. Think hitting every 6-7 casts. You could have +400 range defence, and they'd murder you, as you will hardly ever hit. The answer is simple... put on your torags, equip your bandos godsword, and spec. I've 3 hit countless rangers like that... the horrible defence karils provides means an almost guaranteed hit with spec, making the chances of a hit on the next few swings quite high. It's not unusual for you to attack a melee player with barrage, have a ranger start ranging you, equip weapon and spec\kill, and continue maging the meleer... before he is even unfrozen, rarely taking damage. Ahrims is far superior to void mage; torags destroys melee, karils top\torag legs\verac helm\DFS\rune c bow w/ diamond bolts\fury\dragon boots\accumulator is far, far superior to void range in PVP. This whole paragraph is invalid for non pvp, but so is the void mage\range defence argument :|

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

void mage is rather useless, as it does not raise the actual damage dealt/spell, and the accuracy boost (assuming maxed mage bonus with other items) is less significant than the boost from ahrims

void melee is useful in certain situations - obviously the fact that you lose so many equipment slots (most notably barrows gloves) makes it inferior to standard equipment unless using a godsword, which has massive enough bonuses that the 10% is more significant than the +12s from barrows gloves. black masks and salve amulets do not stack with void, and provide higher bonuses, so void is not the armor of choice when fighting undead creatures or your assigned slayer monster. void melee is advantageous when fighting with a godsword against things that you can't use a salve/black mask on (most notably players). the loss of defense is a large sacrifice, but if you're in a situation where offense is the only thing that matters then void is the armor of choice

void range generally outstrips dragonhide/armadyl in all areas. unlike magic, the majority of the attack bonus in ranged comes from the weapon, not the armor. therefore replacing the armor does not have a huge negative impact on damage dealt. the slight loss of accuracy (negligible especially when training on regular monsters, who usually have very low defense anyways) is greatly compensated for by the increased damage... if training with a powerful weapon (with an average hit of 15+), you will hit 2 harder every attack, which translates to 8 more xp every attack... it's been awhile since I trained ranged in such an old-fashioned way but that's a difference of 8k xp/hour easily. if chinning, it's a difference of 20k+! and of course if using a dark bow + dragon arrows, or dragon bolts (e), one attack can do as much as 10 extra damage with void range - very significant for getting KOs.

Ever try to hit a high level player in karils with maxed mage bonus? Splash city. Think hitting every 6-7 casts. You could have +400 range defence, and they'd murder you, as you will hardly ever hit. The answer is simple... put on your torags, equip your bandos godsword, and spec. I've 3 hit countless rangers like that... the horrible defence karils provides means an almost guaranteed hit with spec, making the chances of a hit on the next few swings quite high. It's not unusual for you to attack a melee player with barrage, have a ranger start ranging you, equip weapon and spec\kill, and continue maging the meleer... before he is even unfrozen, rarely taking damage. Ahrims is far superior to void mage; torags destroys melee, karils top\torag legs\verac helm\DFS\rune c bow w/ diamond bolts\fury\dragon boots\accumulator is far, far superior to void range in PVP. This whole paragraph is invalid for non pvp, but so is the void mage\range defence argument :|

I know the routine, just like you I'm a 99 mage. But in whatever circumstance where someone needs ranged defense on a mage, that's the one and only way to get it, and weak as it is, the fact that void is the one and only ranged defense set a mage can wear has to count for something.

You realise half the people don't even look at the stat bonuses for armour? Tonnes of people don't know that a Rune Kiteshield offers better defense than an Obby Shield, & the only reason OS is more expensive than an RK is because of the +5 Strength Bonus.

People look at skill guides & assume that one weapon/piece of armour is far superior to the one below because it requires 5 or 10 more Atk/Str/Def levels to use.

Since the Void Set takes a while to get, some assume that it must have incredible stat bonuses.

Obby sheild has nice range def though, Mainly why I use it in BH For Ancienting.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree.

The void I hate most though is melee void. To me it shots that the person wearing it gave it to hype and isnt very smart.

And the other two voids are only good for safe spotting or training where you wont get hit ( yaks, fire giants, metals)

Also dont hate cause i have void in my sig. It was the one that looked the best IMO ::'

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08