Gremmy's Rex guide! *Added best gear!*

gremmy

***This guide will only explain what you do IN the cave. Getting there and stuff like that isn't explained.***

Guide:

First of all I'll show you some mage setups. You can mage in Guthans or Veracs or even Torags/Dharoks (well, rune too, but that's taking it a bit far.). There's three spells that are mostly used: Claws of Guthix (charged, and also Saradomin Strike or Flame of Zamorak is useful too, but 1. claws can be autocasted, and 2. claws lowers defence on target), Magic Dart (also known as Slayer Dart) or firewave, as kindly added by Meme79 on the 2nd post. And also, the potions are: pink: super anti, yellow: saradomin brew, purple-ish: super restore, lightblue: prayer potion. In the Veracs/Torags/Dharoks setup you will heal up by using saradomin brews: 3 doses of those to one dose of super restore (remember not to brew unless you need prayer points)

In the Guthans setup you will mainly heal with the effect of the Guthans set (this is also why you bring so many super restores/prayer potions), and the saradomin brews is there as defence booster, or an emergency heal if needed.

Minimum requirements:

- 70+ defence

- 80+ hitpoints

- 80+ magic

- 70+ attack (for Guthan's warspear)

- 60+ prayer

Recommened requirements:

- 80+ defence

- 90+ hitpoints

- 90+ magic

- 85+ attack

- 70+prayer

Some setups:

[hide=]Guthans - Slayer Dart:

15x1nvp.png[/hide]

Substitutes:

Head:Guthans helm -> nothing

Body: Guthans body -> nothing

Legs: Guthans chainskirt -> nothing

Cape: God cape -> Magic cape (t) -> Skillcape (t) -> Firecape -> Magic cape -> Skillcape/Obsidian cape -> Accumulator -> Anything

Weapon: Slayer's staff -> nothing

Shield: Dragonfire shield -> Crystal shield FULL -> Obsidian shield -> Granite shield -> Dragon square shield -> Rune berserker shield -> Rune kiteshield -> God book -> Mage's book -> anything

Neck: Amulet of Fury -> Any stole -> Unholy symbol -> Holy symbol -> Glory -> anything

Hands: Barrows gloves -> Dragon gloves -> Other RFD gloves -> Black vambs -> anything

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> White boots (thanks to kota21) Dragon boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Finger: Wealth -> Wealth -> Wealth -> Ring of life (if using coinshare with a team) -> Seer's ring -> Archer's ring -> Berserker ring -> Warrior ring (use slash when healing) -> anything

[hide=]Guthans - Claws of Guthix: (This is my preferred setup)

xkotbb.png[/hide]

Substitutes:

Head: Guthan's helm -> nothing

Body: Guthan's body -> nothing

Legs: Guthan's chainskirt -> nothing

Cape: Guthix godcape -> nothing

Weapon: Void mace -> Guthix staff -> Don't bother

Shield: Dragonfire shield -> Crystal Shield FULL -> Obsidian shield -> Granite shield -> Dragon square shield -> Rune berserker shield -> Rune kiteshield -> God book -> Mage's book -> anything

Neck: Amulet of Fury -> Any stole -> Unholy symbol -> Holy symbol -> Glory -> anything

Hands: Barrows gloves -> Dragon gloves -> Other RFD gloves -> Black vambs -> anything

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> White boots -> Dragon boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Finger: Wealth -> Wealth -> Wealth -> Ring of Life (if using coinshare with a team) -> Seer's ring -> Archer's ring -> Berserker ring -> Warrior ring (use slash when healing) -> anything

[hide=]Veracs/Torags/Dharoks - Slayer Dart:

r1jtj8.png[/hide]

Substitutes:

Head: Verac's helm -> Torag's helm/Dharok's helm/Guthan's helm -> Dragon full helm -> Dragon medium helm -> Helm of Neitiznot -> Berserker/farseer/warrior/archer helm -> Rune full helm -> anything, lol

Body: Torag's/Dharok's plate/Guthan's plate -> Bandos platebody -> Verac's brassard -> Dragon chainbody -> Rune platebody -> Don't bother

Legs: Verac's skirt -> Torag's/Dharok's/Guthan's legs -> Bandos tassets -> Dragon platelegs/skirt -> Rune legs -> Don't bother

Cape: God cape -> Magic cape (t) -> Skillcape (t) -> Firecape -> Magic cape -> Skillcape/obsidian cape -> Accumulator -> anything

Weapon: Slayer's staff -> nothing

Shield: Dragonfire shield -> Crystal Shield FULL -> Obsidian shield -> Granite shield -> Dragon square shield -> Rune berserker shield -> Rune kiteshield -> God book -> Mage's book -> anything

Neck: Amulet of Fury -> Any stole -> Unholy symbol -> Holy Symbol -> Glory -> anything

Hands: Barrows gloves -> Dragon gloves -> Any RFD Gloves -> Black vambs -> anything

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> White boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Finger: Wealth -> Wealth -> Wealth -> Ring of Life -> (if using coinshare with a team) -> Seer's ring -> Archer's ring -> anything

[hide=]Veracs/Torags/Dharoks - Claws of Guthix:

vwu33n.png[/hide]

Substitutes:

Head: Verac's helm ->Torag's/Dharok's/Guthan's helm -> Dragon full helm -> Dragon medium helm -> Helm of Neitiznot -> Berserker/farseer/warrior/archer helm -> Rune full helm -> anything

Body: Torag's/Dharok's plate/Guthan's plate -> Bandos platebody -> Verac's brassard -> Dragon chainbody -> Rune platebody -> Don't bother

Legs: Verac's skirt -> Torag's/Dharok's/Guthan's legs -> Bandos tassets -> Dragon platelegs/skirt -> Rune legs -> Don't bother

Cape: Guthix god cape -> don't bother

Weapon: Void mace -> Guthix staff -> don't bother

Neck: Amulet of Fury -> Any stole -> Unholy symbol -> Holy Symbol -> Glory -> anything

Hands: Barrows gloves -> Dragon gloves -> Any RFD Gloves -> Black vambs -> anything

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> White boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Finger: Wealth -> Wealth -> Wealth -> Ring of Life -> (if using coinshare with a team) -> Seer's ring -> Archer's ring -> anything

Entering/luring

Team: As we all know, the mage always goes in first. Turn on magic prayer, protect item prayer and 15% defence prayer.

dkmaptr7.png

This shows you where to run. When you got the Rex away, the hybrids will enter and get Prime and Supreme off you, and this is where you turn off the 15% defence prayer.

Solo: You can get in with or without suicider. ALWAYS PRAY AGAINST MAGIC!

Suicider: You will go in first and lure Rex (explained in a moment) and your suicider will go in and get Supreme/Prime off you.

No suicider: Bit tricky but can be done. When you come to the last ladder go in. If either Supreme or Prime attack you, go up. Keep repeating untill they don't attack you. When you're safe, "sneak" around the edges south-about. If Supreme or Prime gets you, simply go up ladder and try again. Note this might take up a few brews/restores if Supreme is lucky to hit you

Luring

It's quite easy: When you enter, attack Rex and run as far east as possible, and when Rex is about to attack you, run south to lure him on the edges.

[hide=]mage2sc3.png

mage4sq6.png

mage5gq4.png

mage6ww0.png[/hide]

Then you will have him where you want him: mage away. When he's dead, pick up drop and rinse and repeat.

When he spawns again: Run up the hill right next to you.

Don't go too far north, otherwise Prime may attack you!:

tgotoofarvu1.png

If you look into the middle you will see a big hill with the shape of a circle. This is where Rex will spawn.

[hide=]bigcirclerexspawneo2.png[/hide]

Simply wait till he spawns and attack him, and repeat the lure trick.

Problems:

- If Rex is spawning while the hybrids is killing Supreme, you can go the Rex's spawn (the big circle) and make Rex go for you (with range pray), and lure him as usual.*WATCH OUT FOR PRIME SPAWNING*

- If you miss Rex: Wait till he's back in his spawn.

- If Rex isn't lured: run north and back south. If this still doesn't work, run north to the north-east edges.

*LOOK OUT FOR HYBRIDS! THEY MIGHT BE SAVING PRAY BY NOT HAVING IT ON KILLING PRIME*

Summoning

Well, we have this awesome skill, and why not take advantage?

As a mage bringing either a healing familiar or a Beast of Burden.

Good healing familiars: Void Spinner (34 summoning); Bunyip (68 summoning); Unicorn Stallion (88 summoning) - remember to bring scrolls!

Good Beasts of Burden: Spirit Terrorbird (52 summoning); Bull Ant (40 summoning); War Tortoise (67 summoning); Pack Yak (96 summoning) - bring scrolls for banking loot.

Tips and tricks:

- When luring Rex, clicking your spell in the spellbook is easier than rightclicking Rex and pressing attack.

mage1st7.png

- When Rex is dead, tell your hybrids! This can help them to coordinate killing of Supreme; standing in right positions, using attack and strength prayers etc. (Thanks to Haz 280!)

- When you get food drops and don't have enough room for them, drop an item, pick up food and drop where you are maging Rex from. Repeat till all the food is in your safespots. This way you'll have some extra food, and can save those expensive brews, and even stay longer!

- As a mage, your job is also to make sure Rex doesn't go crazy on hybrids while killing Supreme. We can avoid this by timing the kill of Rex. What you do is lure Rex as usual, but on the north border. Get Rex to low hp (1-2 mm HP bar), and let him stand untill you see the hybrids running to Supreme. This is where you finish him off. Now the timing should be fixed so Rex will spawn while hybrids are killing Prime, and you will down him while the hybrids are on Supreme. Expect to do it more then one time per trip, as more or less people will be in the world and make the spawns either faster or slower.

And I bet you want some evidence that this pays off, so here's some drops from Rex:

[hide=]berserkerring1aa7.png

dragonaxe4lu7.png

warriorring3wy4.png

warriorring1vm7.png

warriorring2kx3.png[/hide]

And keep in mind: this is a shard of the drops you may receive!

Please tell me if there's something that should be added, or you find any spelling mistake (even if i missed a ')

Hope I helped :D

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

use fire wave instead of dart. its more xp, higher max, cheaper, and staff costs less :P

other then that its gud

Haha, yeah, but actually made this guide before blood runes crashed :P, but I'll put it in.

i am also gonna try it i think

but i still dont know how to get past the doors, can any1 help?

puku6.png

Dragon drops:1

Any other drops:0

Coinshared items:i dont count them

DAM, HOW LUCKY CAN U GET??

Do you pray against magic the entire time you're down there, just to be safe?

Other than that, one of the best guides I've seen on DK'ing.

Makes me want to go down there.

But I'm too timid :S

I'll have to work on that a bit...

2vlwv1v.png

Your guide is... mediocre, and lies about the soloing idea.

4/10.

You cannot solo rex without a suicider, i've tried over 20 times (until I ran out of brews + super restores) to enter the lair and not get immediatly targeted by the supreme, as i thought, it failed, every, single, time.

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

4/10.

You cannot solo rex without a suicider, i've tried over 20 times (until I ran out of brews + super restores) to enter the lair and not get immediatly targeted by the supreme, as i thought, it failed, every, single, time.

Don't call people liars unless you know what you're talking about please. It is possible to enter without a soloer, my friend Sjakie was pretty good at it infact. It requires a knowledge of how the Kings walk in the lair and you can sneak past Supreme.

Very nice guide, 8.9/10. :D

I just have some questions. I tried doing some Dk without guthans, but I only have 75 def. I was only getting like 15 kills a trip. How many kills do you think I can get with guthans?

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

good guide! ima have to try this 9/10 gj =D>

Thank you :) Good luck :D

i am also gonna try it i think

but i still dont know how to get past the doors, can any1 help?

The first doors? You need two people to stand on the pads, and then you can open the doors. Good luck :)

Do you pray against magic the entire time you're down there, just to be safe?

Other than that, one of the best guides I've seen on DK'ing.

Makes me want to go down there.

But I'm too timid :S

I'll have to work on that a bit...

Personally, it depends if I'm soloing or I have hybrids with me, and generally the value of my gear.

If I'm soloing I like to have it on most of the time, unless I'm in less valuable gear like torags, but if I'm in guthans, DFS etc I'm praying all the time. When with a team I keep mage pray on when I'm luring Rex and waiting for him to spawn.

Do not hesitate going there! You'll love it :P

Hawt guide gremmy! This is mlll555 btw :mrgreen:

Hai <3

4/10.

Don't call people liars unless you know what you're talking about please. It is possible to enter without a soloer, my friend Sjakie was pretty good at it infact. It requires a knowledge of how the Kings walk in the lair and you can sneak past Supreme.

Shiv, I've never said this guide is superior to every other guides. And Hartlar, thanks for defending me :).

Very nice guide, 8.9/10. :D

I just have some questions. I tried doing some Dk without guthans, but I only have 75 def. I was only getting like 15 kills a trip. How many kills do you think I can get with guthans?

Well, expect to get 5-15 kills more :)

u gud :thumbup:

<3:

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daxe1ck1.png

My first trip ever, and got axe. Not any good drops after that.. Didnt use suicider either. =D

Used your guides info.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5803/2ndaxebo6.png

Lol, axe agen.. Gotta luv deekays, and thanks to you for making awesome guide like this.

I forget to take super antis this trip (epic fail, i know :-# ) so i teled after that drop.

Armadyl drops: 2x hilt, 2x chest, 1x skirt, 3x helm.

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daxe1ck1.png

My first trip ever, and got axe. Not any good drops after that.. Didnt use suicider either. =D

Used your guides info.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5803/2ndaxebo6.png

Lol, axe agen.. Gotta luv deekays, and thanks to you for making awesome guide like this.

I forget to take super antis this trip (epic fail, i know :-# ) so i teled after that drop.

There you go Shivneil! Another proof that it is possible.

Nice axes, I'm glad I helped :)

4/10.

Lol? You probably just are a beginner and don't have a clue what you're doing. It's possible, i've done it a couple of times and I have many friends and clanmates who do it, so don't go trying to act like you know what you're talking about, because tbh, all you're doing is making an idiot out of yourself.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Yeah, i have done like 10 trips now without suicider, its not even hard when you get use to it. \'

You're right, it's easy when you get used to it :P

I really like it I just need to get guthix staff and I should be able to make a couple of mills. 8/10

Haha, that shouldn't take too long :). Thanks and good luck :)

4/10.

Lol? You probably just are a beginner and don't have a clue what you're doing. It's possible, i've done it a couple of times and I have many friends and clanmates who do it, so don't go trying to act like you know what you're talking about, because tbh, all you're doing is making an idiot out of yourself.

<3: :thumbup:

Great guide, but i know you mentioned things about familars .you should put some invys for them.

Like a terrorbird invy.

You posted this in your guide..

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> Dragon boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Wouldn't white boots be better then dragons and rouges boots?

i am not sure but i heard they give a decent amount of prayer bonus and defense.

btw, what i put in terrorbird, if verac maging.. 6 brews and restos?

To be honest I'm not sure what's best putting into familiars, as I haven't tried it yet. But I suppose 7 brew/5 restore or 6/6 is good.

Great guide, but i know you mentioned things about familars .you should put some invys for them.

Like a terrorbird invy.

You posted this in your guide..

Feet: Infinity boots -> Wizard boots -> Mystic boots -> Bandos boots -> Dragon boots -> Rouge boots -> anything

Wouldn't white boots be better then dragons and rouges boots?

i am not sure but i heard they give a decent amount of prayer bonus and defense.

Thanks, I'll add that :)

hawt guide, 9/10 because you didn't tell people how much better godwars is :P

Lol nub, I guess this is for people who doesn't have high enough stats for godwars, or people who was hacked and starting over.

You should be using some kind of familiar

Add inventories for bunyip, t bird, void spinner, uni etc

As I said, I'm not very experience with familiars at DKs, I simply just added it. But I'll try and get some pictures. :)

ur pretty pro if u can get past supreme i tried it cold turkey but i guess i didnt wait long enough or somthin i didnt really know how to do it but ur ELITE if u can kill supreme and prime and still use all ur casts :D much more exciting too lol theres no need to bring all those restores it just means u will make less money i personally bring 2 prayer pots 8 sup antis 1500-2k claws and the rest invy of sharks unless im killin sup and prime at first with a turtle full of sharks with 3 bunyips in the last 3 spots and unless ur just not good at it u dont have to pray at all and its especially easy with the new graphics to see ur spot maybe add pics of u lurin rex cause its much easier to follow along

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg