~~~ Clan Chat ~~~ A selection of problems solved! ~~~

LiChef

RSOF Quick find code: 83-84-94-57721726

Introduction

One million years ago on a Monday I tried to solve one of my greatest problems with Clan Chat. Unfortunately I failed before I could do anything on here but now I have come back with a solution.

The Problem

Now this problem is so small and minute that it becomes massively annoying when you come across it. Confused? Good.

Many times I come across Clan's with names like "L.O.C." or a more well known one "H.Y.T." And in all of these clans there faces the newbies. Now the newbies may not know what the initials stand for, a common place for this to happen is in HYT Chat, "What does HYT stand for?"

This as I am well aware riles up some of the members who have to tell the newbies all the time what their Clan Initials stand for.

A Blast from the Past

So me, being the natural born hero, set out to solve this pest of a problem. I cam up with the obvious idea and in my naivety didn't think it through. This is what I thought:

1) Make the Clan Name space bigger

Sounds simple enough? But here's what would of happened if some idiot would of listened to me...

1) Make the Clan Name space bigger

2) This now means that the chat bar is filled up more by the name

3) Because of this lengthy sentences may have to be split into two sections instead of the one

4) Because of this lag will increase with everyone typing two lines to the usual one

5) Because of this everyone is unhappy :ohnoes:

So where do we go from that?

Back to the Future

Now my new suggestion is again a simple one, but with pictures I made myself :mrgreen:

I suggest a right click option on the little name in Clan Chat.

Clannames2.png

Here is an example. As you can see the user would type in the Initials of their clan, then in a separate box the clans full name. To save line space RuneScape would use the initials and save the full name for this...

ClanNames.png

Here the full name pops up with a simple right click. Please be aware that clicking on the full clan name won't actually do anything.

So there

So there is my small but worthwhile proposition for Clan Users. A nice simple right click option that the owner can set up to make the clan environment less stressed.

Li Chef

FAQ

What happens if the Clan Owner doesn't want to set a full name option?

Then that is his/her choice. The full name box is completely optional and doesn't have to be used. However the initials box will have to be used just like before. You can't have a clan without a name can you?

What will come up on the right click option instead if they haven't made a full name?

A small box will pop up as before but showing just the initials and the usual cancel button.

Yet another idea?

[hide=Credit goes to Killy the Kid for the idea, me for the picture]From one of my supporters, Killy the Kid, came another great idea solving not so much of a problem than something that could be cut down. Like a Lite version of Clan Chatting.

Clannames3.png

The general idea is that when you have your Public Chat Off you will no longer have to start your sentences with the / symbol. Another simple yet annoying little thing with Clan Chat that has been solved by another simple idea.[/hide]

Supporters List

[hide=Yay! Support!]1. Chalksmith

2. Hawkxs

3. Warrior_B666

4. Archimage_A

5. Albel_8492ed

6. Kinggabe

7. Spaceboy246

8. Yomyth105

9. EarthySun

10. Armourdilo

11. Lightshayde

12. Rsoxfan3

13. Battlestaves

14. Warriorccc0

15. Will_Holmes

16. Beethovens29

17. Killerred005

18. Killy_the_Kid

19. Baconxl

20. Aquapeng

21. HoMM88

22. Ugozima

23. Georgelemmons

24. Daxter76

25. Lordragonknight

26. Warriormonkx

27. Xx_Flare_xX

28. D_V_Devnull

29. Balazeal[/hide]

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Call me a noob if you really want but im one who has never needed to know what LOC of HYT stands for. I now see that LOC stands for league of chefs but as for HYT (Hide your thieves ??)(Hate your toes ???). This would be a nice little feature. I support it. Maybe it would be better to have a small pop up box like your do in the skills tab when you mouse over them?

I support ^^!

Chalksmith.png

Chalksmith.png

I support this too! (HYT = Hey you Tip.it'er or something to that effect)

Would be really nice as my clan is labeled 'K of D' which is not very descriptive.

Well i'm glad this idea is turning out better than the old one, thanks guys.

I've added you to the supporters list.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I like this, my clan name isn't even close 2 fitting in the clan chat space :|

Support :thumbsup:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Small fix that could help a lot.

Support

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Thanks guys I've added all of you up there in the Supporting List. Keep 'em coming!

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

LuMengjr.jpg

that would be a great feature...Support from me :thumbsup:

supporthisox7.gif

GUESS WHAT? The RED SOX and PATRIOTS are awesome, and there is nothing you con do about it.

CURRENT GOALS: Smithing 42/50...Fishing 47/50...Magic 35/33 Completed!! ...Attack 40/40 Completed!!!

I bought bgs 29.1m 3 days ago, sold yesterday at 30m (for those who are mathematically challenged: 800k profit).

Insane epic fail....

Thanks guys for all your support, i'll make sure to add you all up there on the list *spooky music*

Anyway, yeah I am considering putting it on RSOF but i'm just wondering if anyone actually listens on there.

Kepp 'em comin'!

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

LuMengjr.jpg

Don't you think that would keep the spammers there for longer? :lol:

Anyway i've added you to the support list.

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

LuMengjr.jpg

Yeah, sure, why not. While you're at it why not add an option where you don't have to hit / every time to talk, as I barely ever use Public Chat. This could either be a button, or, when Public Chat is set to Off, it does it automattically.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Killy the Kid, since your idea was actually quite good i've added a picture that i've made in a sub-section up on the front page. You will get credit of course.

Also i've added the two of you onto the supporting list. Only one supporter to go until we have 20!

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

LuMengjr.jpg