Bands That Have Died

Da Pirates

Nirvana.Rest in Peace,Kurt.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely nothing wrong with artists who have songs on Guitar Hero. You're kidding yourself if you try to think otherwise. These people need to grow up, and anyone who stops listening to music they like because it was on GUITAR HERO is incredibly immature and moronic. The sad part is they think they're making a statement. I mean, god forbid more people are introduced to a band with good music!

You know what, I'm glad these people stop listening to their favorite bands because of this irrelevant reason, because they don't deserve good music if this is how they're going to behave.

On-Topic: To be honest, I don't know. Well, I don't like Green Day much anymore, but that might be about it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with artists who have songs on Guitar Hero. You're kidding yourself if you try to think otherwise. These people need to grow up, and anyone who stops listening to music they like because it was on GUITAR HERO is incredibly immature and moronic. The sad part is they think they're making a statement. I mean, god forbid more people are introduced to a band with good music!

You know what, I'm glad these people stop listening to their favorite bands because of this irrelevant reason, because they don't deserve good music if this is how they're going to behave.

On-Topic: To be honest, I don't know. Well, I don't like Green Day much anymore, but that might be about it.

I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band both have done some great things for music. It allows (even just through DLC) for relatively unknown bands to release their stuff in the game and get more known.

I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band both have done some great things for music. It allows (even just through DLC) for relatively unknown bands to release their stuff in the game and get more known.

Yeah, especially with all the bonus tracks you can get in-game.

In before Nightwish.

Uhm, Nightwish, actually. Is the only one I can think of.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

It just goes to show that they're not true fans. \' They're only a fan of the "idea" of the band - the band being "cool" - not the actual music they play. The fact that they have songs on video games doesn't make their music sound any less different.

The Disturbed story makes absolutely no sense. You didn't mention anything that might have changed or influence the band's music, you just said you hate them because other people like them, which is a loathsome attitude to have.

Because all the "loser" kids at my school started liking disturbed because of GH

What do you care?

Only cool people should like cool bands.

ok... tht was soooo dumb..... i still listen to them but i also listen to many other bands not alot of ppl heard of...and many bands ppl kno like nickelback or linkin park it dosnt matter who likes the band it shows tht u wernt a true fan of them any way

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

Blind Faith.

They make one terrific album and never record another piece of music together.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I just saw Disturbed on the Rockstar Mayhem Tour and I'm preeeeeettttyy sure they didn't die. They put on an amazing live show, but I still don't like them as a band. Their singer gets very repetitive and a lot of their riffs sound the same after awhile. Their radio singles are good songs, but I think they need to change it up or they WILL start to lose popularity. That being said they're still one of the biggest bands in music right now.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

In before Nightwish.

Uhm, Nightwish, actually. Is the only one I can think of.

This is where I disagree.To me it wasn't Tarja who made the band,it was always Jukka man...And Anette is a new variety.Sure they changed styles a little,but I quite prefer power metal...

Erm I would say Metallica,but I'll give them a fair chance and wait for Death Magnetic to come out here first.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Pantera

Mayhem

Stratovarius

Sepultura

Metallica

Sarco[bleep]o

Bathory

Eucharist

Death

Therion

Pan.Thy.Monium

Helloween

Cacophony

and probably vital remains too :( they anounced they were looking for new lead guitarist, which means dave suzuki is not going to be in the band anymore :( which means their next album is probably going to suck :wall:

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Metallica

Thought you hated metallica?

You dont have to like a band to know they died.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This thread is basically where you post bands that used to be good, but something happened to them (They hit the mainstream, Band member committed suicide) I'll start.

Disturbed used to be good. "The Sickness" has to be one of the best debut albums i've ever seen. "Believe" was amazing. I don't know which song was better, "Prayer" or "Liberate". They released "Ten Thousand Fists" next. A decent album with songs such as "Just Stop" and "Guarded". Then it happened. Disturbed was featured in Guitar Hero 3. This single-handedly killed them. They lost all their true fans (Like myself) and gained all fans who only liked them becuase they heard them on Guitar Hero, "Stricken" (the song featured on Guitar Hero) was the only song these wannabees knew. So I leave you with this: R.I.P. Disturbed 2000-2007

Post away.

You are an idiot. Just because people like a band doesnt make it bad. Also, Believe was one of the worst albums i have ever listened to from any band.

The Doors and Queen

I still listen to them, but of course no new material because both of the lead singers have passed away. Freddy Mercury in my opinion had the best voice ever. Plus you have to love the stage presence of Jim Morrison. Great talent from both :thumbsup:

1288581197250-1.jpg

This is where I disagree.To me it wasn't Tarja who made the band,it was always Jukka man

You meant Tuomas, right?

Nope.I like the drumming.Tuomas...He's good,but as a songwriter.I thought the high-pitched notes were his,but they're Erno's so...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Great bands that broke up:

Oingo Boingo

Good Riddance

The Wailers

Operation Ivy

Minot Threat

At the Drive-in

Stray Cats

Bands that just can't produce music as good as before:

Bad Religion - they really need to hang it up, I'm afraid