Bands That Have Died

Da Pirates

When I was into Nightwish, the only album I really liked was the debut. Very classically-inspired.

The rest blew. As do all of the power metal bands I used to listen to.

I don't mind some power metal if you just want something cheesy and kinda fun to listen to. Although some are just terrible.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was into Nightwish, the only album I really liked was the debut. Very classically-inspired.

I don't mind some power metal if you just want something cheesy and kinda fun to listen to. Although some are just terrible.

Dark Moor is good; they're about the only power metal band that I can get my head around now, along with some 80s speed metal.

I'd rather just listen to Iron Maiden. (I'm pretty impressed with Somewhere in Time)

Dark Moor is good; they're about the only power metal band that I can get my head around now, along with some 80s speed metal.

I'd rather just listen to Iron Maiden. (I'm pretty impressed with Somewhere in Time)

I think Helloween and Blind Guardian are pretty fun to listen to. Although, then again, both of them really have some solid older material. I also do enjoy Blind Guardians later (power metal) albums unlike some it seems. :P

Stuff like Hammerfall though... man, that [cabbage] is too cheesy.

I used to really dig later Blind Guardian (Imaginations onward) but now I struggle with it. You're right about Helloween; "Walls of Jericho" is an excellent album, along with the first "Keeper of the Seven Keys".

Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, some Children of Bodom (anything after the first two albums when they stopped the melodeath sound), Nightwish, Gamma Ray, Kamelot... it's just too cheesy.

I would say Blind Guardian have died a little bit. It's still in them, but "A Twist in the Myth" was a bit of a letdown in my opinion. Helloween died awhile back with "Pink Rabbits Go Ape"... and they're not back on form yet either.

I also agree with Adio on At the Gates. That's got to be one of the biggest falls from grace ever.

cant believe there hasnt been a mention of blink 182. they were just about everyones favorite band then they mysteriously broke up :cry:

you could even say they died when they became mainstream they started becoming more pop rock and pop punk but when they first started they were more indie and punk

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Pantera: They broke up

Dragonforce: Can anyone say, GH3? Of course the only song 90% of them can name is TTFAF. I like their older stuff like "Cry for Eternity" and "Valley of the Damned<3"

Green Day: Their new stuff is a disgrace to music. But St. Jimmy and others still rock

Sig

Dragonforce: Can anyone say, GH3? Of course the only song 90% of them can name is TTFAF. I like their older stuff like "Cry for Eternity" and "Valley of the Damned<3"

How can a band die if every song sounds the same anyways? So what if the only song a person can name is TTFAF, it sounds the same as the rest of them so it doesn't matter.

I also agree with Adio on At the Gates. That's got to be one of the biggest falls from grace ever.

TRISTO and the sophomore album are rly awesome, its a shame SOTS sounds like iron maiden on steroids.

On the power metal issue, I really dig early 80s power metal; stuff like Manilla Road, Fates Warning, Legend and some others. They really drop the flower in flower metal.

p915h.gif

Disturbed used to be good. "The Sickness" has to be one of the best debut albums i've ever seen. "Believe" was amazing. I don't know which song was better, "Prayer" or "Liberate". They released "Ten Thousand Fists" next. A decent album with songs such as "Just Stop" and "Guarded". Then it happened. Disturbed was featured in Guitar Hero 3. This single-handedly killed them. They lost all their true fans (Like myself) and gained all fans who only liked them becuase they heard them on Guitar Hero, "Stricken" (the song featured on Guitar Hero) was the only song these wannabees knew. So I leave you with this: R.I.P. Disturbed 2000-2007

They got more fans so now they're dead?

Just because people hadn't heard them before they were on Guitar Hero doesn't mean they arn't true fans.

Many of my favourite bands are from games I've played, and that doesn't mean I'm not a "true fan"

And if you mean Disturbed released worse music I'd dissagree as well, Inside the Fire is my favourite Disturbed song.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Disturbed isn't dead...Dragonforce is at the height of their careers, how can you say that? There seems to be some miscommunication on what "dead" is pertaining to here. We are looking for bands that have mysteriously broken up or fallen off the face of the musical planet; not bands that are dead to you because you don't like them anymore.

I'm sorry but some of you kids are idiots.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Disturbed isn't dead...Dragonforce is at the height of their careers, how can you say that? There seems to be some miscommunication on what "dead" is pertaining to here. We are looking for bands that have mysteriously broken up or fallen off the face of the musical planet; not bands that are dead to you because you don't like them anymore.

I'm sorry but some of you kids are idiots.

Maybe some people have trouble differing between "dead" and "I already listened to all their songs & hate they're getting new fans I deem lame".

cant believe there hasnt been a mention of blink 182. they were just about everyones favorite band then they mysteriously broke up :cry:

you could even say they died when they became mainstream they started becoming more pop rock and pop punk but when they first started they were more indie and punk

I thought they were still good in their pop punk/pop rock days. I miss them dearly :(

You've gotta admit that In Flames' new musical direction has killed them off; they've always been boring but this is just.. fngh.

Neutral Milk Hotel. Where the hell did they go? There was never any formal breakup or anything, but they've disappeared. I liked their folk-rock sound very much.

Lawnmower Deth... Whyd they have to split up waaaaa :cry: why couldnt it be Nickelback instead.

Decapitated... Since their amazing drummer died and the guitarists in a coma still I think.

And as somebody has said Mayhem... when Dead killed himself and Vikernes killed Euronymous.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Really The guitar hero thing is kinda true. I don't think it means not liking the band because "Uncool people" Like it. That's like saying "well I did like (Insert Favorite thing) till all the losers started liking it." It's because you can't admit you like the same things as them.

Anyone who gets there playlist, or says there favorite song is (Some song from gh3) after it came out. I hate there guts

OT: G&R's dead? No idea on that but I've heard nothing from them

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

You've gotta admit that In Flames' new musical direction has killed them off; they've always been boring but this is just.. fngh.

Their new stuff is horrid, but I actually like some of their older albums.

I was told that "Whoracle" and "Colony" were ABSOLUTE MUST LISTENS LOLOLOLOL and I was really quite disappointed. They seem like a crap Dark Tranquillity.

I was told that "Whoracle" and "Colony" were ABSOLUTE MUST LISTENS LOLOLOLOL and I was really quite disappointed. They seem like a crap Dark Tranquillity.

Oh, in that case, yeah, they're not IF U DON'T LISTEN U DONT LIEK MUSIC LOLOL albums, but I find Colony and Clayman to be enjoyable listens ever so often.

Really The guitar hero thing is kinda true. I don't think it means not liking the band because "Uncool people" Like it. That's like saying "well I did like (Insert Favorite thing) till all the losers started liking it." It's because you can't admit you like the same things as them.

Anyone who gets there playlist, or says there favorite song is (Some song from gh3) after it came out. I hate there guts

OT: G&R's dead? No idea on that but I've heard nothing from them

I'd agree with the fact that "liking" a band includes more than one song.

On the Disturbed note, I just got into them and I really enjoy both Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible, which is a great album.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

On the Disturbed note, I just got into them and I really enjoy both Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible, which is a great album.

*cough*Cancer that killed disturbed*cough*

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Oh, in that case, yeah, they're not IF U DON'T LISTEN U DONT LIEK MUSIC LOLOL albums, but I find Colony and Clayman to be enjoyable listens ever so often.

In Flames seem very superfluous when compared to their contemporaries.

p915h.gif

*cough*Cancer that killed disturbed*cough*

Guitar Hero does not count as cancer. We've been over this.