Bands That Have Died

Da Pirates

Good bands live forever. The ones that die and are forgotten are not worth mentioning.

Metallica died, they were great.

Pantera literally died, they were amazing.

Queen also literally died, another great band.

Helloween died (imo) and they are great, one of my favorite bands.

And that's just a few.

Your statement = invalid.

I mean the bands live trough their songs even if the people in the band (like Freddy Mercury) die.

And you can't say bands like metallica and helloween died because thats just your opiniont. Maybe other fans like their new songs?

skullfly.jpg

(I wana live for ever,

or die trying...)

I have dyslexia so forgive me my bad grammar

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think ZZ Top is active anymore. They were a bit cheesy, but enjoyable.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I've not played with my band for a Looooooooooooooooong time.Presumably,we're dead too.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't think ZZ Top is active anymore. They were a bit cheesy, but enjoyable.

ZZ Top is touring at the moment (headlining Sweden Rock Festival in June). Unfortunate that their later stuff is a disgrace to southern rock/blues, though. They had a really good thing going with Tres Hombres, Degüello etc.

2009rb9.jpg

It's a shame that avant-garde progressive metallers maudlin of the Well broke up. Kayo Dot [their new band] just doesn't evoke as much emotion in me as motW did. I mean, it's all good, but it's not as powerful as their previous project. Although, this being said, I think a breakup or at least a drastic change of style was necessary because there was no way in hell that they could top Bath and Leaving Your Body Map. - DISREGARD THAT I SUCK [roosters]. They're going into the studio.

I would've liked them to have kept touring for a few years though.

Another one is shoegazers My Bloody Valentine. Although Kevin Shields has just released Loveless again and they're playing a handful of concerts here and there, they're not really an active band anymore. They probably won't release any new material because they [read] know that they won't be able to better Loveless. Again, to summarise: a necessary breakup, but I'm happy that they're playing a few gigs here and there this year.

Good bands live forever. The ones that die and are forgotten are not worth mentioning.

Metallica died, they were great.

Pantera literally died, they were amazing.

Queen also literally died, another great band.

Helloween died (imo) and they are great, one of my favorite bands.

And that's just a few.

Your statement = invalid.

I mean the bands live trough their songs even if the people in the band (like Freddy Mercury) die.

And you can't say bands like metallica and helloween died because thats just your opiniont. Maybe other fans like their new songs?

looks at the (imo) in their. Yeah, i now it is my opinion, but i'm sure many people would agree on them, just as many would disagree.

For me it includes:

Death From Above 1979 - actually cried a little.

Wolfmother - They started to piss me off. Made an amazing debut album, made me wait for 3 years then announced that the bassist/keyboardist and drummer have left the band.

Zaataar.png

No one has mentioned Dope?

Still active I think. They were supposed to support BLS in November (yeah...), but for some reason they never played. I can't imagine why anyone would miss them if they did break up though. They're like a nu-metal Scooter.

2009rb9.jpg

No one has mentioned Dope?

Still active I think. They were supposed to support BLS in November (yeah...), but for some reason they never played. I can't imagine why anyone would miss them if they did break up though. They're like a nu-metal Scooter.

I'd miss em. :?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Lots of bands here, so I'll start with my favourite ones...

The Offspring - I hate to say this, cause they're still my favourite band (yeah I know, let hate commence), but they've been steadily getting worse and worse since Ixnay On The Hombre. Although i suppose Ron Welty leaving really damaged the band the most, cause Splinter (despite Josh Freese being one of the best drummers in the world) well, sucked. Not a huge fan of Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace either, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion... But it is undeniable that they have changed massively since Ignition or Smash.

Trivium - I'm actually cautiously hopefull about Trivium, cause they seem to have realised that The Crusade was dreadful. Ascendancy is one of my favourite all time albums and I was so looking forward to The Crusade, even went out and bought it the day it was released. Then realised that Heafy had decided to stop using his real, properly awesome voice and started doing an (admittedly accurate) impression of Hetfield... Shogun is a lot better than The Crusade, but still not a great album.

Rolling Stones - For God's sake guys, just give it up. You haven't written a good song in 20 years, you're getting old, Mick Jagger has finally done it and become a cliche of himself and you don't have a bassist.

AFI - Decemberunderground was terrible. Not the early hardcore AFI I know and love. Sing The Sorrow was a great album, but Interscope have really screwed things up...

From Autumn To Ashes - Everything before Abandon Your Friends was incredible, they were (imho) the best screamo band around, but Benjamin Perri doing what he did on Abandon Your Friends ruined the band. AYF was crap, Benjamin Perri left, Holding A Wolf By The Ears was good, but something makes me thing Fran Marks didn't wanna be the singer... The only break up of 2008 that actually affected me at all...