Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Manga/Anime Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:SGNT_Wraith

Watched a few episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's funny, but it's a little pervy, which is why I stopped at like episode 7. If you want to watch it, I definitely recommend the Japanese version with English subtitles, must better voice acting.

You stopped at episode 7... 1 episode before the MASSIVE twist and the series turns on its head and becomes a ton more awesome.
Posted Image

anonymous1234
[ Display Name History ]

anonymous1234

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,222 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Watched a few episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's funny, but it's a little pervy, which is why I stopped at like episode 7. If you want to watch it, I definitely recommend the Japanese version with English subtitles, must better voice acting.

You stopped at episode 7... 1 episode before the MASSIVE twist and the series turns on its head and becomes a ton more awesome.

I lol'd :lol:

cadburys_egg
[ Display Name History ]

cadburys_egg

Temporarily Banned

• Members
  • 5,733 posts

Why does anyone particularly care if it is "pervy"? Oh sweet lord I saw her panties, I must cleanse my eyes in a bath of fire and daggers.

And I would like to call you a filthy liar, sir, and I will do so because of your belief that american VAs can be better than the original seiyu. And I will again, because there is never any time that this statement is true.
Posted Image

re4p3r1
[ Display Name History ]

re4p3r1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:re4p3r1
  • Clan:Forsaken Legends
the gundam series is my favorite g gundam or 00 is probably is my favorite of them

cant wait for 00 season 2

digimon 2nd then pokemon

i know i'm a nerd

Posted Image

Warrior_B666
[ Display Name History ]

Warrior_B666

TET Point Winner 2008

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:IBiteU2Death
  • RSN2:Warrior_B666

the gundam series is my favorite g gundam or 00 is probably is my favorite of them

cant wait for 00 season 2

digimon 2nd then pokemon

i know i'm a nerd

It's ok a lot of people still like or have liked Pokemon :P
Posted Image
Funny Quote

Rebdragon
[ Display Name History ]

Rebdragon

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,318 posts
Well, I hate to say it Jaziek, but I finally did catch up with Geass today. It's pretty good so far [not amazing, but okay] and I have to admit that I am getting into the plot and some of the relationships [Karen and Lelouch, for example, is sadly of interest]. It's finally naturalistic enough for me, so I think I'll keep watching.

It's interesting that everyone compares it to Death Note, and I felt much the same I suppose, in my own mind kind of thinking of it as a forced, okay fusion between that anime and Gundam. A key difference I've found though is that the intellectual combat is a very different kind of intelligience from DN. Code Geass seems to be entirely based upon chess-like mind games. Lelouch wins his battles with a screen in front of him telling him all his teammate and enemy positions, and acts as if playing a chess game. His opponents, namely Cornelia and Scheizel (sp?) are much the same in the way they think when in battles of wits with Lelouche. Apart from the chess aspect they don't seem all that smart, and sometimes even stupid in the way they act.

In DN, not once, ever do you see chess played, nor even a hint of chess-like thought process. It's all just advanced, essentially unemotional detective minds combatting each other, so intellectually speaking, it's better. Code Geass, thus, has the Gundam aspect, as well as the emotional relationships, as, from what I can tell, almost simply a compensation for the lesser intelligience of the show. Oh, and the fanservice. Christ almighty there's a bit much of that [is it just me or have they made that Karen's signature camera angle or something?].

SN: Who else really hates Nina's character? I'm having trouble thinking of a character in anything I've ever read or watched who is more annoying and pathetic than her :S.
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
www.onemanga.com

great site if you want to read manga.
Posted Image

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Well, I hate to say it Jaziek, but I finally did catch up with Geass today. It's pretty good so far [not amazing, but okay] and I have to admit that I am getting into the plot and some of the relationships [Karen and Lelouch, for example, is sadly of interest]. It's finally naturalistic enough for me, so I think I'll keep watching.

It's interesting that everyone compares it to Death Note, and I felt much the same I suppose, in my own mind kind of thinking of it as a forced, okay fusion between that anime and Gundam. A key difference I've found though is that the intellectual combat is a very different kind of intelligience from DN. Code Geass seems to be entirely based upon chess-like mind games. Lelouch wins his battles with a screen in front of him telling him all his teammate and enemy positions, and acts as if playing a chess game. His opponents, namely Cornelia and Scheizel (sp?) are much the same in the way they think when in battles of wits with Lelouche. Apart from the chess aspect they don't seem all that smart, and sometimes even stupid in the way they act.

In DN, not once, ever do you see chess played, nor even a hint of chess-like thought process. It's all just advanced, essentially unemotional detective minds combatting each other, so intellectually speaking, it's better. Code Geass, thus, has the Gundam aspect, as well as the emotional relationships, as, from what I can tell, almost simply a compensation for the lesser intelligience of the show. Oh, and the fanservice. Christ almighty there's a bit much of that [is it just me or have they made that Karen's signature camera angle or something?].

SN: Who else really hates Nina's character? I'm having trouble thinking of a character in anything I've ever read or watched who is more annoying and pathetic than her :S.

you have no idea how much nina hate there is until you're full up to date with season 2. Yes, that is Kallen's signature angle and to be honest, it doesnt get any smarter, so to speak, as it goes on.
Posted Image

Kenshinjapan
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshinjapan

Retired Tet Leader

• Members
  • 3,803 posts
  • RSN:Tanner
I'm a giant death note fan :geek: . The night the show was released on Adult Swim, I promised myself right before the show came on that I was going to watch more anime over the next few months. Luckily, the next show on was a good one :ohnoes: . I ended up watching half of the episodes using subtitles that night ( :D )

Others shows that I like:

Cowboy Bebop

Azumanga Diaoh

FMA

Oddly enough, I'm not that big of a rurouni kenshin fan :oops: . Made my account when I was a lot younger.

---

Oh, and rebdragon, L is actually playing chess by himself one of the first times that Light is introduced to the investigation team. Light interrupted L's game and checkmated him almost instantly. Showed a little pre-conflict is you ask me 8-) .

(They don't play chess on a mental level like in Code Geass, like you said though ;) )
Posted Image

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Rebdragon
[ Display Name History ]

Rebdragon

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

you have no idea how much nina hate there is until you're full up to date with season 2. Yes, that is Kallen's signature angle and to be honest, it doesnt get any smarter, so to speak, as it goes on.

I am up to date with season 2.

Oh, and rebdragon, L is actually playing chess by himself one of the first times that Light is introduced to the investigation team. Light interrupted L's game and checkmated him almost instantly. Showed a little pre-conflict is you ask me 8-) .

(They don't play chess on a mental level like in Code Geass, like you said though ;) )

You're going to have to tell me the episode/manga chapter on that one, 'cause I definitely don't recall it. When he was introduced to the investigation team he just went straight up to the TV and was asked about the second Kira, iirc :| .
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

warren211
[ Display Name History ]

warren211

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • RSN:Epic Warren
  • Clan:Lady Heinous cc
I'm not a fan of anime, but I used to watch Dragonball Z (back when Cartoon Network was good and Toonami was still alive) and I loved the show. I tried watching shows like One Piece and I just don't understand it. It seems rather random and the faces of the people look really obscure, kind of like some characters in Naruto except Naruto is a lot better IMHO.

Offtopic: I find it slightly amusing that this thread is right next to the anti-anime thread ;)

Posted Image
Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

cadburys_egg
[ Display Name History ]

cadburys_egg

Temporarily Banned

• Members
  • 5,733 posts

I'm not a fan of anime, but I used to watch Dragonball Z (back when Cartoon Network was good and Toonami was still alive) and I loved the show. I tried watching shows like One Piece and I just don't understand it. It seems rather random and the faces of the people look really obscure, kind of like some characters in Naruto except Naruto is a lot better IMHO.

Offtopic: I find it slightly amusing that this thread is right next to the anti-anime thread ;)

SET FAIL FOR ONE PIECE.

And try to watch something other than shounen powerlevel junk. Spending 5 episodes charging your power in AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and then using 30 seconds of the next episode to actually fight is barely entertaining.

Watch some slice of life animu if you find it confusing, theyre often portrayed alot closer to home (Home, of course, being Japan). Though choosing something like Lucky Star or Minami-ke may be going overboard, you wont understand a lot of it unless youre familiar with Japanese culture. Try something like Moyashimon, its about a boy who can see microbes, but its a lot better than it sounds. Also has a good OP/ED.
Posted Image

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Try something like Moyashimon, its about an OMGWTF?! trap.

fixed.

also, ok, misunderstood you there reb. Yep, Nina is THE most hate-able character I've ever come across. I even like Rolo better than her, and thats bloody Rolo.

also also - watched the first death note live action. It was fairly decent, nothing compared to the anime / manga, right up until that last shot, which was one of the OH MY GOD AWESOME! moments that made the anime great.
Posted Image

Kenshinjapan
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshinjapan

Retired Tet Leader

• Members
  • 3,803 posts

I am up to date with season 2.

You're going to have to tell me the episode/manga chapter on that one, 'cause I definitely don't recall it. When he was introduced to the investigation team he just went straight up to the TV and was asked about the second Kira, iirc :| .

I'm watching the series again as we speak, I'll get back to you in a day or so. But the scene wasn't major, the match was all going on while they were in conversation, just a little sub-conflict to add more emphasis to the conversation =P~ .

EDIT: Aargh, you were right. I got that awful Death Note movie mixed up with the series :x . In the (horrible) movie, when they play chess, it's equivalent to the tennis match with Light vs. L in the series.

Sorry again :oops: :cry: .
Posted Image

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts
http://www.animenews...eries-confirmed

Reb will now be shaking with anticipation for the next X years until this comes out. Now I have a reason to finish the first one as well.
Posted Image

Kenshinjapan
[ Display Name History ]

Kenshinjapan

Retired Tet Leader

• Members
  • 3,803 posts
Jaziek, I thought the Fm series already finished, unless they're going to do more :| ? Could you put in hide tags for me how it ended and how they are going to begin the second one? I've seen all the episodes but never the manga so I'm a bit confused.
Posted Image

cadburys_egg
[ Display Name History ]

cadburys_egg

Temporarily Banned

• Members
  • 5,733 posts

Jaziek, I thought the Fm series already finished, unless they're going to do more :| ? Could you put in hide tags for me how it ended and how they are going to begin the second one? I've seen all the episodes but never the manga so I'm a bit confused.

FMA spoiler, may or may not be correct

How are they going to carry it on? Find another way, probably.

But I just finished watching Kaiji and its awesome. Some logical guessing, but most of it can actually be followed if using the same train of thought. Ending was pretty unsatisfactory, but allows for a sequel. Kaiji is moe~.

I suppose ill finish watching S1 of Shakugan no Shana and then probably watch Akagi. Or if someone bothers to sub the new series of Negima, ill get that. And then august 29th means S2 of Lucky Star, so ill probably have to get that aswell. FFFFFFFF
Posted Image

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

. And then august 29th means S2 of Lucky Star,

ok this completely flew under my radar. Who the hell are they making it about? you cant really have yutaka walking around as a "senior" girl, you'd have to have a bloody foetus as a first year by comparison.
Posted Image

Cyco_Reborn
[ Display Name History ]

Cyco_Reborn

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Cyco Reborn
Being a Furry I look at a lot of Furry anime/manga, but other than that erm... Chobits is good. Thats all I can think of :?
My Last.Fm
LeekSpinner!!!
Random Furry Dance!!!
Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

cadburys_egg
[ Display Name History ]

cadburys_egg

Temporarily Banned

• Members
  • 5,733 posts
Something incredible happened and now I bestow it upon you all.

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!

. And then august 29th means S2 of Lucky Star,

ok this completely flew under my radar. Who the hell are they making it about? you cant really have yutaka walking around as a "senior" girl, you'd have to have a bloody foetus as a first year by comparison.

I have no idea, but id assume so. I expect itll reverse the roles, so the younger year is now the focus and having the original crew make guest appearances. They had better keep that GAR [bleep] Shiraishi, though.

Being a Furry I look at a lot of Furry anime/manga, but other than that erm... Chobits is good. Thats all I can think of :?

FFFFF YIFF IN HELL
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users