Dynamic Signatures Released!

MageUK

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that if you use a small font, like Visitor 12, you can fit A LOT of text into the side bit. Here's my attempt, a bit too bright, but I only spent about an hour and a half on this:

eefaf81c6a.png

"only spent about an hour and a half on this"

Only? It looks pretty cool.

It would be cool to have custom text on our sigs.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Thanks. ::'

Well, all I did was make a standard Tip.It signature, copy paste onto GIMP, and make the text on that signature on a new layer. Then I made the sunset vista background and the frame in a new piece and copy pasted the text across to the exact same position.

Was fairly easy to do.

First of all: w00t!! Great sig feature. :thumbsup: I really like it, but can see one big improvement.

The total rank, next to the total skill points, is displayed over the image on the side. That really is a shame. Especially since there's room below. What could be done to improve this, is swap the position of the Quest Points and total points, possible even moving the total points to the bottom of the sig. If then the text of the total points also could be swapped around so that the largest line of text is at the bottom, the text would be far less intrusive. Alternatively, you could make the display of the total rank (the number inbetween the [] signs) optional when creating the sigs. That would also make it not run over the image on the right.

Thoughts on this idea ?

Xena_Dragon.png

First of all: w00t!! Great sig feature. :thumbsup: I really like it, but can see one big improvement.

The total rank, next to the total skill points, is displayed over the image on the side. That really is a shame. Especially since there's room below. What could be done to improve this, is swap the position of the Quest Points and total points, possible even moving the total points to the bottom of the sig. If then the text of the total points also could be swapped around so that the largest line of text is at the bottom, the text would be far less intrusive. Alternatively, you could make the display of the total rank (the number inbetween the [] signs) optional when creating the sigs. That would also make it not run over the image on the right.

Thoughts on this idea ?

None of our graphics or anything would support this and it would involve massive changes to the system. We went through months with a topic in this forum discussing the designs of the signatures to get this far so they won't be changed in such a large way at this stage.

What do I do with the link I was given to put it into my signature as an image? :o

Take the URL given in the email, and put it in tags just as would with any other image.

For example, with my custom signature above:

[img=http://sign.tip.it/265/eefaf81c6a.png]

Hmm i never used signatures until now, but how can i miss to show all my super stats that dont change for years :) and this guy "casualy" look just like my main :P

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

Hmm i never used signatures until now, but how can i miss to show all my super stats that dont change for years :) and this guy "casualy" look just like my main :P

Hehe, your account is still in classic?

j0xPu5R.png

hmm who know :P in any case classic have more room to show "pose" on right :)

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

Hehe, you're right. :)

j0xPu5R.png

None of our graphics or anything would support this and it would involve massive changes to the system. We went through months with a topic in this forum discussing the designs of the signatures to get this far so they won't be changed in such a large way at this stage.

Okay, I can understand that. I must have missed the entire discussion for whatever reason. Too bad...

Anyway, if there's an idea bin for version 2 of the sig creator then please drop my suggestion in there. 8-)

Xena_Dragon.png

BETA stages of what you showed and ideas where way better than the final product, could of been a whole lot simpler and easier on yourselves :(

But congratulations none the less, it's been a long way for you to finally get the ball rolling :)

I love the sigs :D

Since lot's of players have skills not in the HS, maybe make it possible to edit in your skills? Or is that impossible now :?

They said it would lead to abuse... A long time ago.

What if you limited it to skills that aren't on the high scores... ;)

A. Search 999,999th rank in RS high scores..

B. Use this table which seems to not work: http://www.runescapetips.org/tools/low_hs/index.php

But we do really need this.

They said it would lead to abuse... A long time ago.

What if you limited it to skills that aren't on the high scores... ;)

A. Search 999,999th rank in RS high scores..

B. Use this table which seems to not work: http://www.runescapetips.org/tools/low_hs/index.php

But we do really need this.

You only have to be in the 2 millionth player in any skill to be ranked now which is hardly an achievement and this idea is hardly needed and require lots of recoding at this point.

Maybe you should log in to try the new RuneScape if you didn't already. :D Then, you might be able to see what some of these poses are for. :lol:

j0xPu5R.png

Great work!

I'm almost done on my sig, but there's one things bothering me: you have to wait pretty long before you can see your sig. You should put up a 'preview' option, so you get an idea of what it would look like. This way, you won't have to wait for approvement and you will be able to make a good sig much faster.

EDIT: DONE ^^

Great work!

I'm almost done on my sig, but there's one things bothering me: you have to wait pretty long before you can see your sig. You should put up a 'preview' option, so you get an idea of what it would look like. This way, you won't have to wait for approvement and you will be able to make a good sig much faster.

I agree.