Is the US at war with Russia?

The Dark Lord

I've been hearing military jets all day today, constantly. They are everywhere. (I'm near a base, but they are very active today, way more than usual.) I'm also hearing strange booming noises and I honestly don't know what the hell they are. My family is wary and we are considering what we should do.

I'm just wondering if there is any breaking news anywhere.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...wrong Georgia, dude.
TYPICAL AMERICAN.

*cough*

That'd be Georgia the country, not Georgia the state.

I think he knows which Georgia the news media is talking about. He is concerned if the U.S. is at war because he has heard an increase in fighter jets in his area and bombing noises, which obviously aren't normal. Don't cut to such conclusions. Even if the "typical american" comment was sarcasm.

I hear the booming, but now it just sounds like little firecrackers. Damn kids and their [bleep]ing pranks trying to scare the [cabbage] out of the neighborhood... Anyway I knew about Georgia (the country) and Russia being at war, but I didn't know if George the Warmonger has made any hasty recent decisions to send the airforce into the conflict or not. I'm serious, the air base is freakin active right now. Maybe the country is just on alert or something?

SWAG

I see no one even bothered to read my latest comment. It sounds like the booming noises are just pranksters setting off firecrackers left over from July 4th (we also tend to live in the County, not the city, although we are claimed to be an annex of the city.) I'm just wondering if there are any alerts right now because it would only make sense for the military to be more active incase there is a conflict with the US and Russia. Anyway I'm living in the Capital right now (consult location) so it would seem more logical that the city is under a patrol by the airforce, just incase.

SWAG

I see no one even bothered to read my latest comment. It sounds like the booming noises are just pranksters setting off firecrackers left over from July 4th (we also tend to live in the County, not the city, although we are claimed to be an annex of the city.) I'm just wondering if there are any alerts right now because it would only make sense for the military to be more active incase there is a conflict with the US and Russia. Anyway I'm living in the Capital right now (consult location) so it would seem more logical that the city is under a patrol by the airforce, just incase.

What makes you think that any of the people here would be privvy to the US military's alert status (Kriegs excepted).

If the US fought a war with Russia it would be huge news, possibly bigger than 9/11. If it did happen the news networks on TV would be on fire and everyone you know will probably call you to talk about it or whatever.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

TYPICAL AMERICAN.

*cough*

That'd be Georgia the country, not Georgia the state.

seriously this kinna stuff is getting annoniyng, o look its america, they sure dont know anything -.-

OT: gerogia isn't really that much of an ally of america, and its not like russia is attacking georgia for no reason. shorta like how american invaded iraq, that didn't start a nuclear holocasut, im not saying it was the smartest move ever, but people are seriously blowing this out of propertion imo

legends2.jpg

My uncle is in the Canadian Military and he's said all Canadian military groups are on something called priority alert. I personally phoned him to find out why there's so many fighters/jets roaming about, this was his answer.

Not meaning to add to confusion but it could be connected.

Just think Canada is going to war with the U.S.!@!@@

[bleep]ing doomsayers. Every-[bleep]ing-where.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Thanks. Someone has finally answered my question. I suppose this priority alert applies to all NATO countries?

Those with armies worth their salt. I bet if you were floating on a raft with your buddy, a volleyball, and saw a carrier ship, they'd be running drills as well.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Basically we WOULD have to say "Sorry" to Georgia and just stay out of it. This sounds bad, but Georgia IS a puny country and even though they helped out in Iraq, it wouldn't be worth sacrificing the United States and causing a major shift in world power over a tiny country that would probably be better off with Russia anyway...

If the US and Russia went into full-scale war, two things would happen. Either Russia would fight us downhill and ruin the economy even further in the process, or we would declare nuclear war and in that process we would most likely destroy each other within hours and the world would be screwed because of the radiation and nuclear dust particles.

So there is a clear message for us Americans: 1) Bush better GTFO and 2) Don't elect a trigger-happy warmonger such as McCain. At least with Obama he'll be a little more diplomatic and passive.

Hey at least I can look at the bright side. We get an updated globe and map that shows Georgia as part of Russia AND we get the president I was rooting for anyway just because the other politician seemed like he wanted to help out Georgia (pissing Russia off). Besides this sounds very unpatriotic, but I didn't see what the big deal was in the first place. First off all, S. Ossetia wanted to separate from Georgia in the first place. At least now Georgia won't have to deal with the pressure that rebellious and discontent people would place on their government. So really does that make me on Russia's side in this affair?

SWAG