Is the US at war with Russia?

The Dark Lord

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, probably just standby. When something like this happens in the world it always raises an eyebrow. These jets, their pilots, and other military forces need to be able to jump off within 24-48hours if needed. Training and preparedness is a must.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

If youse were, you'd certainly know about it. Russia's firepower is notorious.

Yeah, i'd rather be on Russia's side.

The tsar bomba was only the biggest ever detonated, and russia's military is fairly ill equipped. Nukes are out of the question, launching one would destroy both countries, as the rest would be launched in retaliation. There army is equipped with cold war era stuff, and their air force is mostly migs. America outclasses them in almost all ways.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The tsar bomba was only the biggest ever detonated, and russia's military is fairly ill equipped. Nukes are out of the question, launching one would destroy both countries, as the rest would be launched in retaliation. There army is equipped with cold war era stuff, and their air force is mostly migs. America outclasses them in almost all ways.

I look at one page for a bomb and end up spending an hour looking at wikipedia pages -.- It's evil I tell ya. 1.4% power output of the sun...I didn't even think we were close to something like that

I look at one page for a bomb and end up spending an hour looking at wikipedia pages -.- It's evil I tell ya. 1.4% power output of the sun...I didn't even think we were close to something like that

No, we weren't. That was only half the power, too. But the only true Tsar Bomba known to the world to exist (considering the KGB detonated it, of course there are more somewhere) was detonated there. Plus, if they tried to nuke America, we would not only retaliate, but the world would retaliate. All that radiation and nuclear dust would reach Russia within a few days.

Also, Russia's military is coming into more modern era equipment relatively rapidly. Vehicles are still Cold War-era, but you have to remember much of their equipment during the Cold War was the best of the time. Even today, a few MiGs with Russian pilots (who have reputations of being badasses) could do some real damage.

But, I'm sure every nation in the planet would know the consequences of two superpowers with some of the largest militaries waging war across the world.

Canada would fall first. :twss:

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My uncle is in the Canadian Military and he's said all Canadian military groups are on something called priority alert. I personally phoned him to find out why there's so many fighters/jets roaming about, this was his answer.

Gonna have to ask my Father what that priority alert is, he's been in the Canadian military for 20 years, so he's supposed to know that.

Although much older, a russian ak-47 is considered widely to be more reliable a gun than the standard US military issue assault rifle.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

sounds reasonable that the military of US and other nato countries would be on some level of alert, sounds like russia is going to keep this in georgia but always good to be prepared if they were going to move on other places

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Although much older, a russian ak-47 is considered widely to be more reliable a gun than the standard US military issue assault rifle.

yea in battles (vietnam) american forces would often drop their weapons to pick up ak-47s as they hardly jammed, as opposed to the allied weapons (often m16 if i'm not mistaken)

But no, IF a WWIII would come, it would involve china... not russia...

Headshotcatcher.png

yea in battles (vietnam) american forces would often drop their weapons to pick up ak-47s as they hardly jammed, as opposed to the allied weapons (often m16 if i'm not mistaken)

Currently M16's are more reliable than back in Vietnam, However I don't know how well they'd go in extreme conditions in comparison to ak-47 based assault rifles. However the bullet size in M16 is not as great for close combats as AK-47 bullets. The 5,56mm usually wounds the enemy in a way that he can shoot back at you while 7,62mm usually makes him unable to keep firing. That could have saved some troops in Iraq too.

But no, IF a WWIII would come, it would involve china... not russia...

If any bigger conflict started, Russia would definately be in it too. Within last 5 years their military budget has rosen a lot and many things they did during USSR are now back in action, including "check flights" with heavy bombers near Guam, etc.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

The russian military doesn't have AK47's in wide circulation anymore.. (Nor do they have those tall, funny-looking hats, if any stereotype-searcher was wondering)

They've been long replaced by AK74 and AK101 (which uses 5.56 NATO cartridges) and Kord 12.7mm heavy machine guns which have significantly more power than the american equivalents of M60/M249

Really, some people still think we're in the cold war era and russians have big uniforms and old kalashnikovs. The world changes, get information accordingly (not directed to you but some other people here)

Russia also has a significantly bigger stockpile of nuclear weapons compared to any other country, not very likely they'll see usage though.

Currently M16's are more reliable than back in Vietnam, However I don't know how well they'd go in extreme conditions in comparison to ak-47 based assault rifles. However the bullet size in M16 is not as great for close combats as AK-47 bullets. The 5,56mm usually wounds the enemy in a way that he can shoot back at you while 7,62mm usually makes him unable to keep firing. That could have saved some troops in Iraq too.

yes the m16's are a lot more reliable than back then, i heard you can bury them in sand and still use them properly. But the AK series has improved too (think ak-107/108) though the bullet calibre isn't as big as before

The russian military doesn't have AK47's in wide circulation anymore.. (Nor do they have those tall, funny-looking hats, if any stereotype-searcher was wondering)

They've been long replaced by AK74 and AK101 (which uses 5.56 NATO cartridges) and Kord 12.7mm heavy machine guns which have significantly more power than the american equivalents of M60/M249

Really, some people still think we're in the cold war era and russians have big uniforms and old kalashnikovs. The world changes, get information accordingly (not directed to you but some other people here)

Russia also has a significantly bigger stockpile of nuclear weapons compared to any other country, not very likely they'll see usage though.

Wow the kord is 41 kg! :ohnoes:

Headshotcatcher.png

I asked what the priority one in the Canadian military was, and he said it's a stay ready in case of war, I guess it's the same thing that the U.S. is doing.

If there was a war, we'd all be nuked by now. Don't expect a warning or something... You'd just be dead. All those ideas you have about getting underground, leaving the country, forget them. It wouldn't be a movie war.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

If there was a war, we'd all be nuked by now. Don't expect a warning or something... You'd just be dead. All those ideas you have about getting underground, leaving the country, forget them. It wouldn't be a movie war.

I laugh at you. Ha! :lol:

Russia would never be that stupid. If they launched their nukes, it means absoltute annihilation for both sides, also known as Mutually Assured Destruction. Nukes are an absolute last resort. Oh btyw, we already have technology to disable I.C.B.M.'s mid-flight

Russia would never be that stupid. If they launched their nukes, it means absoltute annihilation for both sides, also known as Mutually Assured Destruction. Nukes are an absolute last resort. Oh btyw, we already have technology to disable I.C.B.M.'s mid-flight

Yep, because that would help, right? Radiation would kill us.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

...By disable I mean destroy them without exploding...

...By disable I mean destroy them without exploding...

I don't think we can disable other countries nukes. And where is the proof of your statement. I'd like to see it.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Missile_Defense

We can use missiles to intercept them, as well as lasers. Right now it's only for small amounts of missile but i'm sure if necessary, many more could be manufactured

I knew that, but I didn't see anywhere that it said it would disengage them without destruction.

On July 8, 2008, The Russian Foreign Ministry stated that if the missile defense system is okayed, "we will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods."

Good game.

Valid_Logic.png

We can use missiles to intercept them, as well as lasers. Right now it's only for small amounts of missile but i'm sure if necessary, many more could be manufactured

I knew that, but I didn't see anywhere that it said it would disengage them without destruction.

On July 8, 2008, The Russian Foreign Ministry stated that if the missile defense system is okayed, "we will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods."

Good game.

So if we increase our defences russia will attack? You could have said that before! :|

Good game.

So if we increase our defences russia will attack? You could have said that before! :|

Well, they think they will. I don't think they will though. I believe they realize the destruction that it will cause if they launch 13 ICBMs at us.

Or we could just call up Metal Gear Rex... But then we'd have to deal with Snake... We're screwed! :wall:

Valid_Logic.png

Well, I wasn't sure of what ak model they were using now, but I just took the more widely known 47. Either way, ak's are still more reliable then the m16. I can't remember what HMG the US uses though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain