Is the US at war with Russia?

The Dark Lord

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although much older, a russian ak-47 is considered widely to be more reliable a gun than the standard US military issue assault rifle.

The russian military doesn't have AK47's in wide circulation anymore.. (Nor do they have those tall, funny-looking hats, if any stereotype-searcher was wondering)

They've been long replaced by AK74 and AK101 (which uses 5.56 NATO cartridges) and Kord 12.7mm heavy machine guns which have significantly more power than the american equivalents of M60/M249

Really, some people still think we're in the cold war era and russians have big uniforms and old kalashnikovs. The world changes, get information accordingly (not directed to you but some other people here)

Russia also has a significantly bigger stockpile of nuclear weapons compared to any other country, not very likely they'll see usage though.

Well, I wasn't sure of what ak model they were using now, but I just took the more widely known 47. Either way, ak's are still more reliable then the m16. I can't remember what HMG the US uses though.

Very few heavy machine guns are used in our military (troop to troop basis), but the light machine guns that are our equivalent to the Kord are the M60 and M249 for the most part.

If there was a war, we'd all be nuked by now. Don't expect a warning or something... You'd just be dead. All those ideas you have about getting underground, leaving the country, forget them. It wouldn't be a movie war.

I laugh at you. Ha! :lol:

Russia would never be that stupid. If they launched their nukes, it means absoltute annihilation for both sides, also known as Mutually Assured Destruction. Nukes are an absolute last resort. Oh btyw, we already have technology to disable I.C.B.M.'s mid-flight

Yep, because that would help, right? Radiation would kill us.

Russia's leaders are not that dumb. And no, the radiation would not kill us. The majority of Russia's - and our own - nuclear devices are out of date and would only irradiate a miniscule area, if they could even get far enough to hit us. The height an ICBM has to reach isn't too far from low orbit - plenty safe for any of our defenses to destroy the missile mid-flight. Not to mention the warhead might not even be detonated, the missile is all that has to be destroyed, leaving the warhead (which will probably have a huge, heavy, near-indestructible-by-conventional-means-casing) to fall into the ocean harmlessly.

Also, most of Russia's well-known bases with capability to launch a nuclear warhead are surely being watched 24/7 via satellite. The trajectory and time to destruction would be calculated in (nano)seconds by a military supercomputer, giving people a few hours to evacuate - that is, if the missile is even going to reach a population center.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Hours to evacuate? Even during the cold war, missles could reach us in I think it was 13 minutes. I don't see how we would have hours to evacuate.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

13 minuttes from which point? you can't launch a missile within few seconds, you need to prepare it (fuel, etc.)

Oh, it was somewhere on the eastern side of Russia. From that point, it could reach United States soil in 13 minutes from launch. But how would sattelites be able to see preparation if it's underground?

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

If there was a war, we'd all be nuked by now. Don't expect a warning or something... You'd just be dead. All those ideas you have about getting underground, leaving the country, forget them. It wouldn't be a movie war.

I laugh at you. Ha! :lol:

Russia would never be that stupid. If they launched their nukes, it means absoltute annihilation for both sides, also known as Mutually Assured Destruction. Nukes are an absolute last resort. Oh btyw, we already have technology to disable I.C.B.M.'s mid-flight

Well, if America or Russia launched their planes, it would mean absolute annihilation for both sites... because it would lead to nukes...

A few nuclear submarines could do the job. Never mind the fact that anti ICBM defences are not great at best. They are to avert a rogue state or group sending up a single missile, not for the hundreds that a war would lead to.

I worry about Americans' arrogance! A sense of your own vulnerability would do world diplomacy much good.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

13 minuttes from which point? you can't launch a missile within few seconds, you need to prepare it (fuel, etc.)

Oh, it was somewhere on the eastern side of Russia. From that point, it could reach United States soil in 13 minutes from launch. But how would sattelites be able to see preparation if it's underground?

Well, the boost phase takes a minimum of 4 minutes, and in that phase, the rocket would be painfully obvious to any sort of heat apparatus in a satellite. The next phase will take a minimum of 20 minutes, wherein the ICBM travels to nearly low orbit (many models actually travel into orbit). This is where it is very vulnerable to anything, even a fighter could destroy it with a well-placed missile to its propulsion system. This is where a very modern (produced after 2000) ICBM would lanch its warheads, theoretically. However, many of Russia's warheads and ICBMs are not so modern, and would have to lower their altitude quite a bit before launching the warheads and falling wherever. So yes, probably not a few hours, but plenty of time for something to shoot it down.

NATO eyes are placed on hotspots around the world; every place that has a possibility to send a nuclear strike is certainly being watched. The most dangerous thing for the world would be a nuclear submarine in the wrong hands, as they can launch within minutes and the warhead could detonate within minutes as well.

I worry about Americans' arrogance! A sense of your own vulnerability would do world diplomacy much good.

I personally believe they're arrogant in regards to foreign policy in order to overcompensate for that vulnerability. It's not an ignorance so much as a phobia of losing the grand American way of life.

Logical reasoning is thrown out of the window, in favour of whatever means necessary to secure their utopia's future. They scaremonger us by giving a "Us or the evil Chinese communists" picture of the world, whilst pursuing to lecture us in the lessons of 'freedom' and 'democracy'.

In case you can't tell, I don't think much of American views on the wider world. A third of them can't even point to the country they've been occupying for 4 years. That's why Obama is desperately needed to give a dose of reality.

I can't see how anyone could possibly see using nuclear weapons as a way of winning a war, especially when the opposing country has a fair few of them as well.

Well we might be getting into it with Russia if they keep up the invasion of Georgia. In which case I expect our air forces to be among the first to engage them in hostilities due to their rapid ability to be deployed around the world (just hop from one airbase to the other). Their are plenty of pretenses for engaging the Russian military in Georgia without setting off a shooting war elsewheres. During the Korean War the Chinese sent over 900,000 "volunteers" to turn the tide in the norths favor. Back then we where also taking on Russian migs flown buy Russian pilots. We are long overdue to return that favor.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

That's what you get when you vote Republican on the ticket [in America]. Most Republicans/conservatives claim to uphold family values, yet they slander the homosexual community, deny them of rights, and then they constantly try to solve problems with war. My dad always makes pro-war speeches in my house and he slanders the homosexual community. A conservative representative in Oklahoma made a comment about the homosexuals spreading AIDS and causing wars and ruining the "American Dream." Really that's the kind of bull that goes on in America. They're clueless. People always smear Obama because they think his ideas are too farfetched and that the Republican Party can give solutions and how they will do it. FOX News has smeared Obama by calling him Osama instead of Obama and they made a comment about the "terrorist fist jab." They also have made statements about his wife being his 'baby's momma,' which is derrogative slang referring to having his child out of wedlock. They're racist, fascist, war-hungry, homophobic SOBs.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I do not feel the united States is invulnerable, although I came off very strongly. I just thought that you didn't know about missile defence, and were in a Cuban Missile Crisis state of mind, where if a missile was launched, the entire world would end. I was incorrect. I agree it is sad that the majority of Americans probably couldn't point to Iraq (I remember where it is because it is shaped like New York and on top of Saudi Arabia :thumbsup: ) The 'freedom and democracy' propaganda is so stupid and misleading, yet while we may do things for the wrong reasons, I believe some things are necessary, like the Afghan war. Like in the movie WarGames, we know it's impossible to defeat the enemy with nuclear weapons, because we would be destroyed too from the counterattack.

Reacting to what serephurus said, I just have to laugh at the campaigns saying that homosexuals are spreading AIDS and ruining America. They make it seem like AIDS is a homosexual-only disease :lol: Fox new is just a load of bullcrap, just ignore them and if anyone talks about Fox news punch them in the face. not saying that every other news channel is 100% unbiased and truthful, but Fox is by far the worst

I wouldn't want to be on the Americans side if the war starts because Russian will simply f**k them up.

I doubt either side would be able to do much. Our Air Force and Navy would stop them from getting anywhere close to our lands, and their ground troops are incredibly well trained and disciplined.

That's what you get when you vote Republican on the ticket [in America]. Most Republicans/conservatives claim to uphold family values, yet they slander the homosexual community, deny them of rights, and then they constantly try to solve problems with war. My dad always makes pro-war speeches in my house and he slanders the homosexual community. A conservative representative in Oklahoma made a comment about the homosexuals spreading AIDS and causing wars and ruining the "American Dream." Really that's the kind of bull that goes on in America. They're clueless. People always smear Obama because they think his ideas are too farfetched and that the Republican Party can give solutions and how they will do it. FOX News has smeared Obama by calling him Osama instead of Obama and they made a comment about the "terrorist fist jab." They also have made statements about his wife being his 'baby's momma,' which is derrogative slang referring to having his child out of wedlock. They're racist, fascist, war-hungry, homophobic SOBs.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

No republican tries to deny gays rights. And who tries to constantly solve problems with war? If that were the case we would be at war with Iran, North Korea, Sudan, China, and Russia. And I'm actually pretty sure the guy who called him obama bin laden was just a really really old journalist and it was a mistake.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

No republican tries to deny gays rights.

The right of marriage?

I settle my case.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Then why so many Republicans who constantly talk bad about homosexuals and then they say they don't believe in gay marriage? :o Also I've heard McCain even say that he's against discrimination, but he says no to equal marriage and no to anti-discrimination laws for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, or even transgenders? That's denying gays rights. That would be like them saying that African Americans cannot marry among themselves or even saying an African American has no right to marry a caucasian person. And another thing, your precious president Bush tried to pass an anti-gay marriage amendment, just so it would be harder or impossible for the "evil" liberals to succeed in their "homosexual agenda."

There is a gay agenda, and it goes as follows:

1. Be loved and accepted by society

2. Raise a family

3. Buy groceries

Ok, that was a joke, but the conservatives still make out the "gay agenda" as if it is some sort of conspiracy theory. Homophobia cannot be justified, even if you use the Bible. Oh and if you do use the Bible in order to write the nation's laws, you are also denying freedom of religion. There ARE religions that aren't against gays, you know.

SWAG

I wouldn't want to be on the Americans side if the war starts because Russian will simply f**k them up.

Militarily? Err... unless you're talking about nukes, not yet mate. Possibly not ever, but that's for the future to decide.

No republican tries to deny gays rights.

The right of marriage?

I settle my case.

Rest. REST.

Then why so many Republicans who constantly talk bad about homosexuals and then they say they don't believe in gay marriage? :o Also I've heard McCain even say that he's against discrimination, but he says no to equal marriage and no to anti-discrimination laws for gays, [bleep], bisexuals, or even transgenders? That's denying gays rights. That would be like them saying that African Americans cannot marry among themselves or even saying an African American has no right to marry a caucasian person. And another thing, your precious president Bush tried to pass an anti-gay marriage amendment, just so it would be harder or impossible for the "evil" liberals to succeed in their "homosexual agenda."

There is a gay agenda, and it goes as follows:

1. Be loved and accepted by society

2. Raise a family

3. Buy groceries

Ok, that was a joke, but the conservatives still make out the "gay agenda" as if it is some sort of conspiracy theory. Homophobia cannot be justified, even if you use the Bible. Oh and if you do use the Bible in order to write the nation's laws, you are also denying freedom of religion. There ARE religions that aren't against gays, you know.

<<<<

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

And I'm actually pretty sure the guy who called him obama bin laden was just a really really old journalist and it was a mistake.

Obama Bin Laden isn't an isolated incident though is it? We've had 'terror fist bump' and his wife being called his 'baby-momma' and there's still plenty of time for more dirty tactics in the same vein. However, that's an argument for another thread.

As for this thread, there is no war between Russia & USA at the moment. Is it just me or is it between this thread and the Iran blockade thread, has tip.it become the brain trust of US foreign policy?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

And I'm actually pretty sure the guy who called him obama bin laden was just a really really old journalist and it was a mistake.

Obama Bin Laden isn't an isolated incident though is it? We've had 'terror fist bump' and his wife being called his 'baby-momma' and there's still plenty of time for more dirty tactics in the same vein. However, that's an argument for another thread.

As for this thread, there is no war between Russia & USA at the moment. Is it just me or is it between this thread and the Iran blockade thread, has tip.it become the brain trust of US foreign policy?

In that case, I call dibs on the secretary of state :thumbsup:

Oh no, now I am genuinely scared.

US forces to deliver Georgia aid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7559252.stm

We have to see how this unfolds, but this could be bad.

I've been hearing more jets than ever before over my house. Even more than when iraq started, but I guess I was younger than and may have forgotten.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Maybe something will happen and Bush will be out before his term terminates.

Oh well. This IS the same idiot that America has voted for TWICE.

SWAG

Oh no, now I am genuinely scared.

US forces to deliver Georgia aid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7559252.stm

Damn it all. We settle things with North Korea and now we're close to making more dangerous enemies with Russia. Why can't we just help the French's diplomatic efforts instead of putting our [wagon] on the line to help the weaker side? Don't flame me by the way, I'm still learning about this whole conflict. Thank goodness for Wikipedia.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.