Runescape Oddities and BIG SUPRISE

jjjon123

This is a Topic about Strange things About the game NOT the players playing the game.

So I was wondering what strange things have you seen about the game?

Here's my Finding.

Why in the world do daggers have a +1 magic atk bonus??? what... is there crazy n00b mage/warriours running around in bh going "!!!F3ar my 1337 5k1ll5 1 0wn y0u w17h my 1337 dagg3r p0w3rs!!!"? is there any use to this?

And second the Biggee

One sadurday morning i was watching "The Suite Life with Zack and Cody" on abc kids and there was this one scene where the janitor was bowling and it went into slow motion as he was starting to bowl the ball and IT STARTED PLAYING THE RUNESCAPE THEME SONG!!!! I was like What The??? No i was not hullucinating it was the real thing! It stopped after it went out of slow motion. Later i triend searching it on google but came up with nothing. So Has anyone actually seen this episode? Is this real??? Have you ever heard the runescape theme song played anywhere else?

Please share your comments

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I've seen that episode; no it's NOT the RS theme song. It vaguely resembles it, but it's not the same.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I don't watch Disney shows, but I doubt it was the RS theme song... Wouldn't there be copyright issues there? And if you think this is Jagex's way of "advertising" why would they do it during a scene where there is slow-motion bowling? :lol: (even if it was advertizing how will people find out about RS if they don't know the song?)

Uhmm, let's see... some melee weapons provide have a negative effect on Magic and Range bonuses. Why so? How can someone range if they're wielding a melee weapon?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I don't watch the show, but I think I found what you're talking about on Youtube:

The song you hear is actually a remix of some song from the 80's (I can't remember its name). It's quite a common song to be used in slow motion sequences, but Disney Channel was probably too cheap to pay to use the real song, so they had to write their own version.

blackmageid8.png

Why in the world do daggers have a +1 magic atk bonus??? what... is there crazy n00b mage/warriours running around in bh going "!!!F3ar my 1337 5k1ll5 1 0wn y0u w17h my 1337 dagg3r p0w3rs!!!"? is there any use to this?

Daggers are well known in fantasy settings to be the prime melee weapon of mages (They're perfect for, say, extracting blood, and carrying around in robes), and a backup for rangers. It's not really that odd.

Here's an oddity: The rubber chicken has -100 stab and slash attack. If that's negative, wouldn't that make you more likely to hurt yourself when fighting with it?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

well, on the dagger topic: in every other RPG i've played, mage classes use daggers as a backup/close-quarters attack weapon, with a staff/wand as a main hand weapon. In runescape, classes are completely ignored in the traditional sense.. everyone can do everything and there's no penalty for using a whip while you mage as oppose to being limited by daggers. I guess daggers having +1 mage is an attempt to encourage traditional classing in RS.

edit: heh Omali beat me to it :P

edit 2:

Here's an oddity: The rubber chicken has -100 stab and slash attack. If that's negative, wouldn't that make you more likely to hurt yourself when fighting with it?

On that note.. wearing boots of lightness/spottier cape to get a negative weight should create a force lifting you into the air :lol:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

On that note.. wearing boots of lightness/spottier cape to get a negative weight should create a force lifting you into the air :lol:

Nope, the weight displayed does not count for your character's weight, just your equipment. That's why if you don't wear any equipment, it states 0kg. However, if we get more anti-gravity items, we should be able to lift into the air.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nope, the weight displayed does not count for your character's weight, just your equipment. That's why if you don't wear any equipment, it states 0kg. However, if we get more anti-gravity items, we should be able to lift into the air.

Lol, that would be interesting. However, if the average weight is about 68 kg (150 lbs, taken from getting an average height and looking in the middle of the "normal range" for BMI), then we'd need a lot more items. =P

In the Security Stronghold, while in the center of an area, climbing up a rope sends you..not up..but to the outsides of the area.

The Drill Seargent has a different color head then arms ( skin cancer :-# )

We can't use two ring slots.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Eh, that doesn't even sound like the RS theme at all.

But yeah, I find it funny how you can hold 500,000 cannonballs but only 28 eggs. \'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Eh, that doesn't even sound like the RS theme at all.

But yeah, I find it funny how you can hold 500,000 cannonballs but only 28 eggs. \'

Hmm... that's a funny find...

Stronghold of security, when you climb up the ladder/rope or whatever, you end up on a different floor but there's no hole to climb through?

josh181830.png

spotty cape glitch could get you into -100ish ;)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You have the RS theme song memorized?

[hide=Here's an even greater surprise]OOPS! :^o[/hide]

Oh and about the dagger - yeah. That is pretty weird. Almost as weird as goblins and imps walking around and respawning even though they know they are going to die soon anyways. Runescape is just full of surprises.

We have tiny slits for our eyes, no ears, and since when were party hats shaped like crowns.

I believe Jagex modeled their party hats after the ones worn in the UK during Christmas time. One of my cousins moved here from the UK and every time we visit them they pass out the crown shaped party hats for everyone to wear :D.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).