It's A-Level Results time! (UK Exams)

Ginger_Warrior

Going to get my A/S results in a couple of hours , i'm waiting for the queues to die down i just wnat to get them and get home to

(Hoping to do well in my Archaeology A/S) =D>

9fade1.png

9fade1.png

9FADE1.png

9fade1.png

It basically goes from A* to something like E i think (IGCSE)

A* 100-90%

A - 89-80

B - 79-70

etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think it goes A*,A,B,C,D,E,F,U,X

U = Unclassified = Complete Fail.

X = Absent

Don't forget the G grade. Anything from C or above is classed as a 'pass' in the GCSEs. If you decide to go onto the path of further education, A-Levels are generally the next step before university.

GCSEs are generally taken by 11-16 year olds, and A-Level by 16-18 year olds. Although you can resit at any time.

A-Level Grade boundaries (%):

A = 80+

B = 70-79

C = 60-69

D = 50-59

E = 40-49

Fail = Below 40

A-E is a pass. That's right, you can pass an A-Level knowing only 40% of the course. :P

I got my results, AAB. The B was in Biology meaning I didn't get into med school this year.

HOWEVER... I got a deferred entry for 2009, guaranteed since I was so close and since I passed CoPE and got an A in General Studies.

I'm over the moon. :D

Congrats to everyone who's got the grades they wanted.

Biology - C

ICT Single - C

ICT Double - B

Geography - D

General Studies - D

Pretty pleased with my results as I really didn't work to hard although I know I could of done better.

Biology I was pleased with as I struggle with it, Single would of liked to have done better, Geography I know hate so just gald to get that out of the way and thought I did better in General though.

Grats Ginger though and everyone else =]

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Grats Ginger, Are you doing the standard Medicine course or a more focused course Medical based course?

I'm getting my JC (Irish equivalent to GCSE's) results in September, realistically I'd say I'm looking at 4-5 A's, 2-3 B's and 3 C's which I'll be happy with considering I only did 1 weeks of mediocre study for the exams. The subjects which I'll get the A's in were hard but I did a lot of study for them compared to other subjects, 3 subjects I'm getting C's in I had terrible teachers so they were a lost cause since the start.

For my Irish equivalent to the A levels I do anywhere from 6-9 Subjects, which my best 6 are counted. I want to do Medicine or Law in Ireland's best university so I need either 590 or 555 points out of 600. So basically for Medicine I need to average 98.3% in 6 subjects and for Law I need to average 92.5% in 6 subjects. That's gonna be a bit of a challenge.......

For my Irish equivalent to the A levels I do anywhere from 6-9 Subjects, which my best 6 are counted. I want to do Medicine or Law in Ireland's best university so I need either 590 or 555 points out of 600. So basically for Medicine I need to average 98.3% in 6 subjects and for Law I need to average 92.5% in 6 subjects. That's gonna be a bit of a challenge.......

It does sound like a bit of a challenge, but if you don't make it into that university then don't worry about it. All Medicine courses are strictly controlled so you'll be taught near enough the same things anyway. It's just the way they teach it that differs from uni to uni.

I hope it works out for ya.

I'm not sure about the A levels,but my O level results were,to my knowledge pretty good.Except Chinese.I seriously forgot my results.

May I ask,Ginge,are there any specific requirements to get into a good school in BRITAIN for literature?I'd like to be an author and frankly,Singaporeans have crap England.Erm,English.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm not sure about the A levels,but my O level results were,to my knowledge pretty good.Except Chinese.I seriously forgot my results.

May I ask,Ginge,are there any specific requirements to get into a good school in BRITAIN for literature?I'd like to be an author and frankly,Singaporeans have crap England.Erm,English.

I think you need to have at least a C/B in English Language, or at least something that proves you're capable of understanding English to a satisfactory level. A B in English Language was certainly needed for the English Lit. course at my college anyway.

As for university, I'm not actually sure. It depends on the uni. Some will accept a good GCSE grade, some will ask for an A-Level. You'd really have to check the UCAS website.

My GSCEs arrive on the 21st. Gah, hurry up.

Britain's grading system puzzles me. Someone care to enlighten me? ::'

Ok, explain what you do know and I'll elaborate/correct/generally enlighten you.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

- GCSEs are done while 16 and decide whether you get into sixth form. People take 10-12 of these.

- AS Levels are done while 17 and are sent to universities when you apply for courses. The university then offers you a place as long as you get certain marks in your A-Levels. People take 4-5 of these.

- A Levels are done while 18 and determine whether you meet the requirements of the university. People take 3-5 of these.

Congratulations to everyone! I can however confirm that in 4 years you will have trouble remembering what subjects you took at A-Level ;)

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Lol, my biology results were awesome.

energy, control and continuity: 88/90

microbes and disease: 112/120

environment: 54/90

dropping 5x the marks that you dropped in the first two in the last one is awesome. can't really word that any better, lol.

overall got an a, so i'm kinda chuffed.

ended up with A in maths and biology and a B in chemistry :D.

75168101mu4.jpg

It basically goes from A* to something like E i think (IGCSE)

A* 100-90%

A - 89-80

B - 79-70

etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think it goes A*,A,B,C,D,E,F,U,X

U = Unclassified = Complete Fail.

X = Absent

Don't forget the G grade. Anything from C or above is classed as a 'pass' in the GCSEs. If you decide to go onto the path of further education, A-Levels are generally the next step before university.

GCSEs are generally taken by 11-16 year olds, and A-Level by 16-18 year olds. Although you can resit at any time.

A-Level Grade boundaries (%):

A = 80+

B = 70-79

C = 60-69

D = 50-59

E = 40-49

Fail = Below 40

A-E is a pass. That's right, you can pass an A-Level knowing only 40% of the course. :P

I got my results, AAB. The B was in Biology meaning I didn't get into med school this year.

HOWEVER... I got a deferred entry for 2009, guaranteed since I was so close and since I passed CoPE and got an A in General Studies.

I'm over the moon. :D

Congrats to everyone who's got the grades they wanted.

Gingers gonna be a doctor, Ginger's gonna be a doctoor! Hey, when I get in trouble will you help me amputate everything below my waist?

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png