Prayer is not easy....

Dire_Wolf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, pray is not an easy skill...

Pray takes money, and money is made by skills or the use of your other combats... To get these levels has also taken time, thus taking longer.

If you choose to buy 99 pray, then yes, i believe, considering all the factors, it is a very hard 99 to get... However, the actually levelling is a piece of piss.

Oh, and blackjacking 99 thieving is 91,000 thugs ... 6 clicks taken for each 'perfect' pickpocket, thats 546,000 clicks... Not to mention failures... So you're looking at about 600,000-650,000 clicks

Dont say levelling is hard, as its not.

It IS an easy skill. 100m or whatever isn't that much... GWD and merchenting have made money into a much smaller issue then people pretend it is. At this point, I don't even monitor my cash inflow\output, and I'm not saving for anything... I just merchant every now and then and let it sink into the black hole of my bank, which is expanding at a rate of several mill per week, despite my spending plenty on prayer and other skills. And clicks? I dunno about you, but according to WhatPulse, I'm well over 4 million clicks on my laptop alone, and 100k+ in the past 5 days (NOT including playing runescape). So really, 200k clicks isn't that many. As for XP rates, it is one of the best, if not THE best - dragon bones are over 200k XP\hour, and the best bones offer 450k+; 500k+ is possible. Yeah, you'll pay through the nose for them, but the number of clicks drops even lower then. It really isn't that hard of a skill; I could get 99 in under a week playing just a few hours a day, and in a single day if I no lifed. Not that impressive, considering that a level 3 can go from 1-99 in just over a day. Yeah, it costs a lot, but compare it with, say, summoning - easily 3 times the cost for a fast method, and even then it takes much, much longer. Experience rates for summoning are around 30-40k an hour, at a cost well north of 1m an hour. Kill, say, waterfiends, and you still lose around 70m while getting ~20k XP an hour. Now look at prayer, with the 'cheap' method costing 90m for 200k XP\hour, and the 'expensive' method costing around 300m, at a rate of 500k XP\hour... over 10 times as fast as summoning. And slayer\mining is even more difficult.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

reading ur title... i agree it isn't. and for ppl who say it is easy that is just their opinion. to me any 99 in a skill is hard because u need patience clicking for something for so long... plus i dont play much either so i dont have the time to achieve 99s. rs imo is an easy game. anyone can do it. it is just clicks. the better the players stats r the more clicks they have done. having the patience to get a 99 though is a different story.

prayer is not easy but it is only an opinion.

btw f2p prayer is hard.

Yeah, it's not easy to be able to get it, but I think that with enough money it's actually pretty easy. Like someone said, Fm is 200k clicks, and usually it's not seen as a tremendous accomplishment.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

CLICKS= Kills u.

you're moving a tiny stroke of your index finger into a computer mouse. how's that killing you?

That's taking things out of context. He's talking about the amount of clicking, not the energy required to click one time.

CLICKS= Kills u.

you're moving a tiny stroke of your index finger into a computer mouse. how's that killing you?

Have you heard of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, my good many?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Since you have 99 range/attack/strength/w.e why didn't you just bury those bones from all the monsters you killed?? I bet it would have been a lot easier then.

Nothing in RS is easy unless you enjoy clicking for all those hours. But I would have to agree and say prayer is probably one of the more irritating skills to level up with the costs and such.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I've got 60 prayer, and I'm proud of that, espescially because my account is all f2p. I also had 50 rc before the rc game, which IMHO is an accomplishment in f2p.

I wouldn't complain about the number of clicks something is... honestly, clicking doesn't take much effort, and if you don't like clicking then using a computer probably isn't for you. Esp. if you're playing a game where clicking is 95% of your interaction with the game.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't see why people see 99s as all that. Sure, they mean you nerded it up. You're bragging about how many times you can click. Just enjoy it. There's not point in getting a 99. Save the money for something you enjoy if you think that's too much.

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

Hey,Are you a Freebie?!

I am one of these nasty members,Prayer is not easy to gain up,I agree. But with some special altar like unholy altar,player-made chapel with lamps,Then we can gain up faster.

If you see a message like "The god accepts your offers...",You can gain faster,But works only if you have lit lamps with herbs,some bones(Strongly suggest at least babydragon bones) and an altar is made not from oak.

P.S:If you put your bones on a normal altar,You will see "You have a fear of god..."

After I become member,I seldom use big bones for my prayer because they look like garbage.I do quests and killing babydragon instead of using big bones.

chuheichuhei.gif

Prayer is not easy. Lemme show you why

It cost me 92m+ for 99 prayer = Try getting that.

[Over 100M for 99 Summoning]

(46m for 99 summ of you exchange pouches)

for that ill get over 42K bones....and 42K Bones is 42K clicks at gilded altar.

[Firemaking has alot of clicking too]

CLICKS= Kills u.

[Clicking makes you a man]

Ive lvled def, str, and att + hp to 99, but ill tell u this.

None of them is a thing compared to the gilded altar clicking

[Firemaking clicking, Pouch clicking,bone burying clicking,tele clicking,mining clicking (i'm comparing a few)lol]

Gilded alter clicking is nearly the same as clicking on other skills.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I think a point has definately been missed ... that point is the difference between "easy" and "simple". Prayer is a simple thing to do, obtain bones -> take them to an altar -> use -> repeat. Or just replace all the points after obtaining with "bury".

Easy is a bit harder to define though, tasks are made easier by increasing the yield of each repetition, they are however, also made easier by having friendly company to help pass the time, or just make it seem more do-able.

That's pretty much what's causing the numerous posts saying (in essence) "omg it's not easy it's hard wtf you noob" to anyone trying to make a valid point against your little rant. Prayer is simple, that's for sure - but does it really make it easy? Not really ...

Sorry if I sort of confused you as to which side of the fence i'm on - I agree with you that prayer isn't easy, but i'm just defending myself against flamers and failures.

tidus_2555.png

My Blog

My Training Guide

Drop records go here, but I lost count of all of my drops while I was away from TIF/They were down :(

Prayer is pretty easy if you do what I did. That is, buy all the bones pre Piety in the land of autoers and gold farmers for 1.3k ea or less. Only about 61m or so for 74-99, and a solo D Chain, 5 new Dark Bows, random Barrowing, and my wealth before all of that were enough to buy 99 Prayer. Now, in the age of GWD, Prayer costs more, but money is way easier to get.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Well... although it may be expensive, it is considered an easy, although expensive skill. I'm pretty sure that it's the fastest skill in the game. Although I should consider the time it takes to obtain the bones...

Since your not factoring in the time to gather the raw materials, a lot of skills are faster:

Summoning (blue charms :o)

Cooking sharks

Flethching rune arrows / addy arrows / rune bolts? (unless its changed)

Making air battlestaves

But obviously, you know that.

Prayer is not easy. Lemme show you why

It cost me 92m+ for 99 prayer = Try getting that.

[Over 100M for 99 Summoning]

for that ill get over 42K bones....and 42K Bones is 42K clicks at gilded altar.

[Firemaking has alot of clicking too]

CLICKS= Kills u.

[Clicking makes you a man]

Ive lvled def, str, and att + hp to 99, but ill tell u this.

None of them is a thing compared to the gilded altar clicking

[Firemaking clicking, Pouch clicking,bone burying clicking,tele clicking,mining clicking (i'm comparing a few)lol]

Gilded alter clicking is nearly the same as clicking on other skills.

Over 100m for 99 summoning if you choose certain methods. Clicking doesn't make you a man.