Live Concerts

happy123

Michael Manring tonight. Stoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eTBc7aWBGw

[Edit] Blew my mind... The crowd was small considering he's the best solo bassist in the world according to many, around 30 people. The show was at a church ("it's kind of weird to boogie at church, right?"). He plays piece after piece seamlessly and takes occasional breaks to talk. Shook his hand on the way out, and my bass teacher got the back of the headstock of his axe signed. Awesome guy, super humble, pretty much thought we were doing him a favour. By contrast I don't really consider myself a bass player anymore :lol:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

So Warped Tour was a couple days ago. The lineup was definitely a bit iffy this year, but I was able to watch enough bands that I enjoyed to make it a great time. I saw After the Burial, Vanna, Title Fight, Chunk! No Captain Chunk, Miss May I, Born of Osiris, and The Ghost Inside, as well as bits and pieces of other sets. I could write paragraphs on the whole experience, but they were all very good. Especially The Ghost Inside, they were the main reason I went. One of my favorite bands ever for sure. I also got a poster signed by the whole band and got to shake hands with the lead vocalist, Vigil. All and all very glad I went, despite all the other shitty bands that were playing.

Went and saw the Shinedown concert a couple weeks ago with a couple girls. Going to snag some Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets for this November, and maybe go see April Wine in November as well.

The last concert I caught prior to Shinedown was Pearl Jam last September, which was quite amazing. They were right up there with Metallica in terms of pleasing the audience. As for Shinedown, they played at a small venue, allowing everyone to get up close an personal. Vocals were superb, which was expected, as the prior time I saw them, my mind was blown at the lead singers vocal range and strength.

Actually, come to think of it, I may go see The Autopilots (gf's brothers band) next weekend.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Might go see Converge for the third time. It's always fun as hell and usually really cheap. Plus it's the closest they've played, only like a 30 minute drive.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 1 month later...

Saw Shahman (post-metal), Protestant (heavy hardcore) and a tiny bit of Alaskan (post-metal/sludge) tonight. They got booted off stage after like 15 minutes because past 11pm noise complaints are legitimate. Why they didn't start the show earlier, I don't know.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!