15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

Oh wait. What if unarmed/armored targets will walk into the area and let themselves get killed? A bit of trouble there.

That's the threat of the wilderness that people have wanted. I'm sure they'll warn people when entering the world that those are the risks.

Nevermind, I see what you're saying - basically a way to transfer items.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if this means the end of Bounty Hunter. No need to confine everyone to some pit in the wilderness when there's no room for RWT whatsoever.

Never was much of a pker myself, but this sounds as close to a win-win for Jagex as they can get. All that remains to be seen is what specifically the players drop. If it's anything like the Revenant style of "loot", prepare for more rants.

Being a quest-caper, I'm naturally excited about the promised "highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever." I'm sure there will be much speculation for the rest of the year up until release.

I'm sure this "old-school" approach to PKing will bring back a good number of the lost members.

clbyt.png

I'll get it one day, really.

Maxed QP | 122+ Combat | 1877+ Total

This will possibly be the greatest update to PvP in the history of runescape. Just imagine walking around and pking people anywhere you go. Jagex can't possibly screw this up.

THE ONLY ONES ON THE WORLD WILL BE PKERS THEMSELVES -- THERE ARE NO RC'ERS RUNNING TO GET KILLED BY YOU

THE ONLY ONES ON THE WORLD WILL BE PKERS THEMSELVES -- THERE ARE NO RC'ERS RUNNING TO GET KILLED BY YOU

gah! why do people keep acting as if free kills will walk into their hands?

Have you always wanted a world for yourself? A peacefull place where there are no skillers, Then join the fantastic PvP worlds! A world full of empty spots where nobody will ever venture. Ofcourse you wont be there, because you want to save your precious rune pickaxe. Suit yourself.

There will be skillers here too, maybe not runecrafters, but a whole lot of others.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

To be perfectly honest I'd rather they just made servers where the wilderness was PKing-able (But with the new reward system).

People are going to arrange meeting places to do the "pking" anyway, seems a bit silly to have the WHOLE world as the people there will most likely only be there to PK.

I also hope they make NEW servers for these instead of putting them in current servers, some places are crowded as it is and having people have "less" choice to go to will be bad.

Will have to see what the rewards are,, but what's to stop you just killing your friends over and over (I assume a system similar to BH that shows how much your opponent has)

I think they'll only have 2-3 F2P PK worlds, and 1-2 P2P PK worlds, and so they hope that enough people will play in all of them.

New servers are very likely, IMO.

There's nothing stopping you from killing your friend over and over again. But the rewards you get from slaughter depend on your opponent's fighting strength AND wealth on-hand, and I imagine you wouldn't be rewarded that much on the second kill, as your friend lost his stuff.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Wow, something to keep everyone happy.

I think there is a flaw,

In terms of RWT, can't the buyer just kill the seller alot of times to get tokens or whatever they are rewarding?

OMG at this quest I cannot wait. More work then RFD!? PINCH ME I'M DREAMING!

Looking forward to Stealing Creation, Pkers will truely call to me for help!

It's all good.

PKing is back, with a touch of the good old classic.

Well done Jagex, you played your cards right for everyone. (Besides RWTers who must be annoyed.)

To be perfectly honest I'd rather they just made servers where the wilderness was PKing-able (But with the new reward system).

People are going to arrange meeting places to do the "pking" anyway, seems a bit silly to have the WHOLE world as the people there will most likely only be there to PK.

I also hope they make NEW servers for these instead of putting them in current servers, some places are crowded as it is and having people have "less" choice to go to will be bad.

Will have to see what the rewards are,, but what's to stop you just killing your friends over and over (I assume a system similar to BH that shows how much your opponent has)

I think they'll only have 2-3 F2P PK worlds, and 1-2 P2P PK worlds, and so they hope that enough people will play in all of them.

New servers are very likely, IMO.

There's nothing stopping you from killing your friend over and over again. But the rewards you get from slaughter depend on your opponent's fighting strength AND wealth on-hand, and I imagine you wouldn't be rewarded that much on the second kill, as your friend lost his stuff.

Again... what if your friend wears nothing or just crappy stuff? I'm sure you'll still get a respectable sum if your friend is higher-level.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

This must of been all part of their ellaborate scheme, or at least that's how it works for me.

Wildy is here, make a pure, put stuff on him from your main. Wildy is gone .. stuff goes back on main. Fair trade rule releases, all hope is lost for said pure with no non-combat skills. Pking is re-released and my pures all have no items on them.

Very clever Jagex, touche'!

I am very very excited about this.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Have you always wanted a world for yourself? A peaceful place where there are no skillers? (that fits in nicely with your main point that there will be skillers) Then join the fantastic PvP worlds! A world full of empty spots where nobody will ever venture. Ofcourse you wont be there, because you want to save your precious rune pickaxe. (I won't be there, because I don't mine or woodcut much.) Suit yourself.

There will be skillers here too (yes, and prepared for attack), maybe not runecrafters, but a whole lot of others.

Again... what if your friend wears nothing or just crappy stuff? I'm sure you'll still get a respectable sum if your friend is higher-level.

I'm not Jagex. But I think you'd get a respectable sum for killing somebody who fights better than you. If your friend's not wearing anything, then they don't fight better than you, despite their levels.

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Have you always wanted a world for yourself? A peaceful place where there are no skillers? (that fits in nicely with your main point that there will be skillers) Then join the fantastic PvP worlds! A world full of empty spots where nobody will ever venture. Ofcourse you wont be there, because you want to save your precious rune pickaxe. (I won't be there, because I don't mine or woodcut much.) Suit yourself.

There will be skillers here too (yes, and prepared for attack), maybe not runecrafters, but a whole lot of others.

Hey, I don't mind retaliating skillers, as long as they bow down :lol:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I sure hope they make summoning available in a huge portion of the worlds rather than only a small part.

We're level 126-138 for a reason, no?

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Oh, and my guess is they'll come up with some kind of diminishing kills system, like in Warcraft, and each time you kill a player your reward for him decreases each time.

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

Wow, this sounds even better than the wilderness. :twisted:

And I've had that skiller/PK'er idea since I started, I just want to see it implemented now. :P

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I sure hope they make summoning available in a huge portion of the worlds rather than only a small part. We're level 126-138 for a reason, no?

It's just like a normal world, but with the ability to kill people in it. That will vastly affect the players, but as to the structure of the world, it'll be the same. You can use a familiar almost anywhere you like, but only attack with it in a multicombat area. There are a lot of multicombat areas in RS, and familiars can do more to help you fight than fight with you.

Flobberdude.png

----

This must of been all part of their ellaborate scheme, or at least that's how it works for me.

Wildy is here, make a pure, put stuff on him from your main. Wildy is gone .. stuff goes back on main. Fair trade rule releases, all hope is lost for said pure with no non-combat skills. Pking is re-released and my pures all have no items on them.

You didn't seriously think Jagex is that smart? And there are no pures which can self-sustain, as it is certainly impossible to get your WC to 70 and go cut yews (and even easier for members)?

Now that we're here... deny that this will be P2P-only, everyone. :)

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Natures to rise again hopefully, hopefull you can TB in this world too to stop them crack tabbing out.

They'd most likely just tab to another city where people could attack them, so the only point in teleing would be to annoy someone, you still probably would die

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Natures to rise again hopefully, hopefull you can TB in this world too to stop them crack tabbing out.

Why wouldn't you? It is exactly like a normal world, with the small change that you can attack certain people and get certain rewards for it.

My wonder is what they'll do to Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, and FoG in those worlds.... the simple thing is leave them there knowing nobody will want to use it, but couldn't they use the space for something better? Maybe Bounty Hunter will become the safe spot where you can get rewards.... who knows?

Flobberdude.png

----

They'd most likely just tab to another city where people could attack them, so the only point in teleing would be to annoy someone, you still probably would die

Unless they house telle.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Natures to rise again hopefully, hopefully you can TB in this world too to stop them crack tabbing out.

Exactly what I thought, these new worlds have certain leveled areas from what it sounds like so pures are going to make a comeback. And they'll be wanting natures to alch to higher mage levels. I'm going to hang onto my natures for a while. ::'

New quest? Freaking sweet. I just hope they give it some 80+ reqs. I haven't been forced to train my skills for a quest since I was a newbie. And from what it sounds like, it will involve the Stone of Jas or some other cryptic mysteries of RuneScape; that's just freaking epic. Can't wait.

You didn't seriously think Jagex is that smart? And there are no pures which can self-sustain, as it is certainly impossible to get your WC to 70 and go cut yews (and even easier for members)?

Now that we're here... deny that this will be P2P-only, everyone. :)

No, I didn't think Jagex was that smart. And I wasn't trying to say that some pures don't have skills on them and are self sufficiant, I just ment that mine aren't. :D

IrreIephant.png

^ capital i

New quest? Freaking sweet. I just hope they give it some 80+ reqs. I haven't been forced to train my skills for a quest since I was a newbie. And from what it sounds like, it will involve the Stone of Jas or some other cryptic mysteries of RuneScape; that's just freaking epic. Can't wait.

Stone of Jas would be nice, but personally, I think 80+ reqs are bad. We should have say, a 75 summoning req, or a 68 farming req, or a 66 prayer req, or other high reqs for skills that haven't seen high reqs before. But 80+ of something easy, or worse, 80+ of something hard? Not as good, IMO. I quite liked the 69 smithing requirement; encourages people to train a skill more. I would like to see, say, 72 crafting. But 83 woodcutting, or something like that? Blarg.

Flobberdude.png

----