Tropic Thunder

Lordjake

(I haven't yet seen a topic about this, so if there is already one, feel free to randomly insult me until this is locked)

Well I just got back from the movie, and I was very impressed with it. It was Ben Stiller's first directing role since Zoolander, which was fantastic, and he did a great job with TT.

I don't want to give a full summary of the movie here - you can find better ones out there on actual movie sites - but there were some hilariously memorable moments & characters.

By itself, the movie is making a huge spoof of not only past war movies -Platoon, Apocalypse Now- but the entire movie genre, but it's so much more than that. It's an war action comedy, with some pretty intense scenes.

Preceding the movie are some fake movie trailers featuring the characters in TT, so if you go see the movie, make sure you get there beforehand so you don't miss the trailers. They're simply awesome, especially the one featuring Ben Stiller.

[hide=Spoilers]Just the idea of the original 'Scorched' movie is laughable (Earth's axis stops spinning, and the world bursts to flame) but the fact that they make 5 sequels for it is :lol:[/hide]

The only part I thought was kind of stupid was:

[hide=Spoilers]The Tom Cruise dancing/rapping part near the end. He was a spectacular character without the dancing, I just felt it was unneeded and was there for dumb laughs.[/hide]

Some groups have called for boycotts of the movie, for both Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of a black man (blackfacing), and the use of the word "r-tard" many times, but I hardly saw either as overly offensive or mean-spirited. In fact, I found RDJ was one of the funniest parts of the movie.

I didn't stop smiling from the fake trailers to the end credits.

I don't know about any of you, but I usually have trouble laughing out loud in theaters when not many other people in there with me, but I can't count the number of times it happened during this movie. I highly recommend it, unless you're easily offended or don't like quasi-violent movies.

160vy.png

jack black was definitely the weakest, but that scene when he was tied to the tree was [bleep] hilarious.

[hide=]yeah i did expect more from Jack Black and when they all found out the guy was gay :XD:[/hide]

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

dude spoiler tag that

but it was awesome.

[hide=]the part where the guys were criticising the live show of "simple jack" was [bleep]ing [bleep]ed up lolllll

the fake trailers in the beginning got me too. son of a [bleep] lmao. the Satan's Alley was too much[/hide]

dude spoiler tag that

but it was awesome.

[hide=]the part where the guys were criticising the live show of "simple jack" was [bleep] [bleep] up lolllll

the fake trailers in the beginning got me too. son of a [bleep] lmao. the Satan's Alley was too much[/hide]

[hide=]the fake spoilers confused me i was like wth there are 6 Scorchers and I've never heard of em? and the booty sweat and bust-a-nut commercial got me questioning if the last couple of preveiws were real :lol:[/hide]

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

[hide=]when those fake previews came on, i thought they were real. i was ecstatic about going to see them. the disappointment was heavy my friend told me they were fake. the one with the two priests looked hilarious.[/hide]

Just got back from it a bit ago, really funny movie.

[hide=]I loved when Ben Stiller threw the little kid :lol:[/hide]

That made my week.

[hide=]I couldn't believe Tom Cruise and his assistant. "No really, a nutless monkey could do your job." Robert Downey Jr. was nasty, as was the nerd.[/hide]

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Regardless of what else I may think of him, Tom Cruise plays his part extremely well in this movie.

Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant, and it wasn't Jack Black's fault that his character wasn't very well written to begin with.

Lol the part at the end with the little boy was one of the best and probably my favorite :lol:

And:

[hide=]When Jack Black (forgot his character's name) was tied to the tree and he was begging them to let him go[/hide]

Overall, I liked it. Im in to stupid-funny movies :thumbsup:

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]