Surgery -gulps-

bloodyhatchetbear

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a surgery on my left arm, they injected me with something to make me sleep but I wouldn't sleep. Eventually they got me to blow a balloon for some reason. I don't know why but I was soon asleep afterwards. I even remember the dream I had. About some 'rainbow land'. Anyway yes, I still have the scar and my arm was in a cast for about 3 weeks. On the third week I nearly got hit by a firework :shock: Anyway yes, I needed physiotherapy to get my arm moving again. I was only 8 when that happened, born with a dislocated elbow which they took out. There are certain things that I can't do now that I used to be able to do perfectly, I can't hold a guitar or a violin...but I guess thats what led my to play the saxophone. I can't take money from people if they hand it to me...they have to leave it on a table or something, the palm of my left hand can't face upwards either, but I make the best of it. I asked when my family would visit me because my mum was the only one allowed to stay in hospital with me, they said 'after the surgery' I then thought I wouldn't make it. But I did :) And I hope you will ::'

You'll be fine, Kyla. <3:

who cares about the surgery?

Just sail through it and then milk your friends and family dry for attention 8-)

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

I still have yet to undergo any surgery (aside from something that happened when I was 1~2, but that doesn't count), and I haven't been put under by a doctor intentionally either. If my drug resistance is similar to my disease resistance, I'm probably gonna need a LOT more anesthesia than other people. Thankfully, unless if somebody does something overly stupid and I'm hit with something that screws me up somehow, I'm in the clear for surgeries. \'

Also, I have no problems whatsoever with the sight of blood. In all honesty, I actually get a little thirsty, and start wanting a steak whenever I see some. And yes, I'm weird. ::'

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

My younger brother is due for the overbite operation you're talking about. My understanding of it is that they'll break his jaw in a few places and then wire it into a corrective position. I'm sure it'll be awful for him, but dentists had been offering him braces for years - Teenage vanity I suppose.

Actaully, BhB's operation will take nowhere near the jaw...

And didnt your dentists warn your brother about the risks of not wearing braces?

I was referring to a post at the bottom of the previous page, which I really should have quoted to save confusion.

Of course the dentists warned my brother about how his overbite would worsen and would have been more easily corrected if he had gotten braces, but nobody really wants to wear braces and nobody made him.

Yeah, that is the operation I will be having. However, I have been trying to get braces for about 4 years, but orthodontists always told me to wait. -.-

You know, I have overbite, and the orthodontists are telling me to wait aswlel :-k . I think my level of trust with the people who take care of my teeth just plummeted.

I just went through my surgery today. I'm at a friend's house at the moment, mainly because it's a bit calmer here. It definitely wasn't as bad as I though it was gonna be. Thank you guys for the support.

Although I think I scared the nurses. I woke up just a wee bit sooner than they though I would. Luckily it wasn't during the surgery ^_^ But hey, I'm up and walking around sooner than I thought. The pain meds make me a wee bit loopy though.

I just went through my surgery today. I'm at a friend's house at the moment, mainly because it's a bit calmer here. It definitely wasn't as bad as I though it was gonna be. Thank you guys for the support.

Although I think I scared the nurses. I woke up just a wee bit sooner than they though I would. Luckily it wasn't during the surgery ^_^ But hey, I'm up and walking around sooner than I thought. The pain meds make me a wee bit loopy though.

Glad to hear you got through the surgery without any problems :thumbsup:

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I've been "under the knife" 6 times.

Its quite fun. They give you the anastesia (sp?) and then you go to a nice happy sleep time.

Glad to hear you got through surgery OK. I like getting surgery during schoo,;, 'cause i get a 2 week vacation and easy homework I can do in 2 days.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

My younger brother is due for the overbite operation you're talking about. My understanding of it is that they'll break his jaw in a few places and then wire it into a corrective position. I'm sure it'll be awful for him, but dentists had been offering him braces for years - Teenage vanity I suppose.

Actaully, BhB's operation will take nowhere near the jaw...

And didnt your dentists warn your brother about the risks of not wearing braces?

I was referring to a post at the bottom of the previous page, which I really should have quoted to save confusion.

Of course the dentists warned my brother about how his overbite would worsen and would have been more easily corrected if he had gotten braces, but nobody really wants to wear braces and nobody made him.

Yeah, that is the operation I will be having. However, I have been trying to get braces for about 4 years, but orthodontists always told me to wait. -.-

Actually, I've been asked if I wanted this operation, and I declined. Guess what, It's all at the right place now, without treatment. That shows how the work just to get money.

I've gone under. I had a Hydrocele (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocele). Thats fluid around the testicles...or a testicle. Yes folks, i had surgery on the jewels (I win :lol: ). Being a guy and being operated on in this area needless to say, totally freaked me out. I had some of the same concerns. I felt scared as i wouldn't be in control, and especially with people messing with the goods down there, and me not being awake....its naturally scary.

Last thing i remember is getting up onto the operating table and putting a mask on and taking 1 deep breath. Next thing i know i wake up in recovery, to me it felt like 30mins. When they first put the IV in you feel a cold liquid shoot up and down your arm, you can't help but smile/laugh. Then you start just zoning out, its like trippy almost. Its really not bad looking back, scary at the time. You just need to trust the medical staff.

I was sore afterwards, obviously...but could hobble around that same day. Was walking normally a week to 2 weeks after the surgery. My wound was glued and stitched. No scars.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Ouch, what a nasty infection to have gotten... I am sure you will be find, but nerves always get the better of people. Best of luck with erverything though ::' .

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Surgery isn't that bad. You probably won't feel anything. I had two surgeries both done on my brain. While it effected me and I will always have those scars, i'm doing fine now. It took me months to recover, but you just gotta be strong and have hope. I think how I had to recover was one of the worst cases though. I had to relearn to walk, talk, eat, etc. For about a month afterward I couldn't even see. My point being, if I can pull through that, then you can get through this.

Surgery isn't that bad. You probably won't feel anything. I had two surgeries both done on my brain. While it effected me and I will always have those scars, i'm doing fine now. It took me months to recover, but you just gotta be strong and have hope. I think how I had to recover was one of the worst cases though. I had to relearn to walk, talk, eat, etc. For about a month afterward I couldn't even see. My point being, if I can pull through that, then you can get through this.

May I ask what happened :?:

Ok, here's the deal. I'm going into surgery in about a week and a half for a removal of a pilonidal sinus. Basically, it's a really, REALLY bad infection, and it's right on my tailbone. Let's just say, I am scared carpless right now. I don't like the idea of anesthesia. I don't like the idea of someone cutting me up and stitching me back together. Unfortunately, it kinda needs to be done.

I got a couple links for you guys to check out, if you want to.

http://www.pilonidal.org/whatitis.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and- ... ndial-cyst

So, basically, I'm trying to see if anyone else here has shared the fears of going under the knife. How bad was it? How long did it take to recover? Do you still have the scars? I'm just curious, and scared for myself.

if they use general anesthesia on you then you have a 1/100 chance of not waking up, I'm the one that puts people under the knife and most people turn out fine ::' I dare you to right on your left leg "not this leg" and on the right leg "not this leg either"

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

dont worry the surgeons know wut there doin and you will NOT feel pain at all, they pretty much knock you out with gas and u basicly just feel like your sleeping they will make sure that you dont wake up. just relax and dont freak ::'

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Anesthetic is so powerful and efficient these days, you will not feel a thing when they are, "doing there thing".

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

May I ask what happened :?:

Brain cancer happened. :?

No offense that's nothing. I have gone through a back and heart surgery. Although I would like to be in the military these conditions prohibit that. :(

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

You'll be fine. Just don't stand up once the anesthesia wears off. You might feel sick. And less than 1% of people are actually immune to the medicine and end up being concious during the operation. And you should have an anesthesiologist anyway, and they would notice.

By the way... If they use too much anesthesia and you stop breathing, the doctor can rub your chest with his knuckles (I know it sounds weird) and you should start breathing again. Speaking from personal experience here.

I got a big cyst removed a while ago. I went under the knife *dum dum dum*. I got a big scar on my tummy now. The operation itself is no problem, you're completely knocked out. What I hated was the whole preparation and recovery after that. Peeing into a tube? Fail. Getting naked in front of a random doctor? Fail. Evil condescendant nurses that like to make fun of poor hopeless patients? Fail. Putting a tube into your anus then pumping liquid into it? Uber fail. Drinking the most disgusting fluid known to mankind? Fail. Turning around to let the nurses put medicine in your anus? Fail. Disgusting degrading tests that always have to do with something below the belt? Fail.

Never mind dying under the knife. It's surviving to humiliations that you gotta be worried about. And also, not to snap and start strangling the nurses, because you will want to kill them, no joke.

Geez, I envy people who break their bones, got gunshot wounds, or all sorts of bloody wounds that hurt and are in tremendous pain. I'd have exchanged my battery of weird liquids and degrading tests for tremendous pain anyday.

You know, next time I seriously hurt myself, I'll be thinking about whether I'm going to the hospital or not. Uber pain or humiliation that will leave me scarred forever? Thanks I'll take the uber pain, sounds like fun. Or better, refuse treatment. "Please sir turn over so I can put medicine in your butt" "No thanks, I'll take the infection instead :)" .

Yep. What can I say, I'm psychologically scarred forever. The sight of a hospital makes me want to make nurses blow up.

Haven't been in surgery since the Age of 7. I found it quite exciting.

My friend recently went in, he was nervous, as expected. He came out fine, of course, and with a repaired arm xD.

Good luck with the surgery, I'm sure all will go well!

Edit: Post is on front page, first post is from like Aug.16, have you had it done? If so, how'd it go?

(Not reading through all the pages, though I'm sure [if you've had it] It went well!)

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I had my tonsils out when I was 3 and had surgery on my Achilles tendon freshman year because I snapped it. Then this past Friday I had my wisdom teeth out which is what I remember the best naturally, the Wisdom teeth weren't bad, they gave me an enormous amount of novacain, then they gave me nitrous and I was good to go. It was weird, I was awake, but I couldn't feel anything and I could hear the doctor and nurse talk which was really really weird, but I woke up fine from all of those and here I am.