Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My thoughts on the RS future...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Lady_Shahdie
[ Display Name History ]

Lady_Shahdie

The girl with a tiara...

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Lady Shahdie
  • Clan:TCS & Nexus

So.. are you complaining or happy because of it? If you don't like it, then simply don't go to PvP worlds -.-

If your looking for the various problems these type of worlds might cause then the simple solution to those problems/victims is to NOT go to those worlds -_-

Umm which post are you referring to :P? If its mine, I was just analyzing how his point that the maturity level will rise is not exactly a probable outcome. If I seriously was affected by immaturity or victimization why would I bother trying games like FOG, Bounty Hunter, or Clan Wars? Heck I love the atmosphere and the chance to test my metal. I just wanted to point out that in those Pking atmospheres you have certain types that don't come to fight a fun duel but just to fill in some kind of void by mouthing off and putting down. Nothing that would push me off just an observation about how certain people embrace pking.
Posted Image
~Retired 13-July-2010~
Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Rarex
[ Display Name History ]

Rarex

Banned

• Banned
  • 331 posts
It was to the topic starter originally but I guess it goes to you as well. Simple solution to the problem you're talking about is to log out and switch to a non-PvP world :D but yea some people will flame you, thats why you will have to train your combat hard to make them shut up. You can also flame back but they will be [bleep]s and report you. Always happens to me, they start it then they back off by saying "calm down" or some [bleep] [cabbage] like that. Not only online but in real life as well. Kinda pathetic =\

I can easily imagine how people can just go to PvP worlds to annoy others and then report them :roll:

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic
Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

lord_troyus
[ Display Name History ]

lord_troyus

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • RSN:Lord Troyus
  • Clan:Tal Shiar Alliance / Higher Force
Hmmmm

I think the no looting part has to be made up for by some pretty decent drops. If it is - i can see ahrims teams rolling round with max mage gear tearing up single zones.

Welfare will of course dominate multi-combat. On P2P atleast.

On F2P... Pures, tanks, rune pures etc will all handle single. With multi being honoured by clans/teams.

The economy will change alot.. But only if the rewards for killing a player are decent.
Posted Image
http://uk.youtube.co...LCibqSxk&fmt=18 -- Lord_Troyus - This is PvP

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
This is a real positive thread :). I can agree with you when you say that this has got RS from the more dark ages to the more light ones. This new annoucement of that there will be PvP worlds has for sure changed how a lot of people look on the game, and togheter with the release of the new, much better graphics, RS has become a much more attractive game for everyone.

RS still has a few problems, but many big things that before made RS go deeper into the dark, has now been removed so that game will soon be fully out in the light. Thank you, Jagex!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

runenarb
[ Display Name History ]

runenarb

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 22 posts
There's a good side and a bad side to the update. Good side: Runescape will get alot more interest, and also with have alot of new personality. Bad side: Now just before i say this, i am NOT saying all pkers are ignorant, but it will re-introduce all the ignorant and selfish players.. -.-
Credit to Dalek403 (Sam) for this Sig
Posted Image

killerbeer0
[ Display Name History ]

killerbeer0

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nelvaan

It was to the topic starter originally but I guess it goes to you as well.

I'm just throwing this out there... you didn't read too well did you?

Now I think the PvP updates will cause RS to undergo the most radical changes it has ever experienced as it comes out of the "dark ages" and into the light:

I believe I was pretty clear...

Also, thank you swedishboy5... I couldn't say it better.

This is a real positive thread :). I can agree with you when you say that this has got RS from the more dark ages to the more light ones. This new annoucement of that there will be PvP worlds has for sure changed how a lot of people look on the game, and togheter with the release of the new, much better graphics, RS has become a much more attractive game for everyone.

RS still has a few problems, but many big things that before made RS go deeper into the dark, has now been removed so that game will soon be fully out in the light. Thank you, Jagex!

Amen! :thumbsup:
OH S***! He/she/it is back!

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Llamster
I think that, since PKing is going to be restored, RuneScape will become one of the longest-lasting MMOs in the history of video games. After Ultima Online and EverQuest have faded away into insignificance I expect that RuneScape will still be a thriving game. As far as I am aware of it's the oldest MMO that's still growing.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Bloodveld
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodveld

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

I think that, since PKing is going to be restored, RuneScape will become one of the longest-lasting MMOs in the history of video games. After Ultima Online and EverQuest have faded away into insignificance I expect that RuneScape will still be a thriving game. As far as I am aware of it's the oldest MMO that's still growing.

UO and EQ are still growing. Plus, rs2 != rs1.
Posted ImagePosted Image
:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.
Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.
Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.
BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

angry555
[ Display Name History ]

angry555

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • RSN:angry555
  • Clan:*-P.K.Masters-*
Things will definately(sp?) be better for the game providing they don't screw up this one. People will have problems with it and complain but after a while of random running around the worlds will be run by clans making profits and enjoying wars, most people will be much happier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users