where's the joy in playing RuneScape now?

Faux

For people who don't really enjoy mindless clicking (non-"skillers"), what's there to enjoy about the game? It really gets tedious spending hours getting those levels. But for what? Just to show it off? I used to enjoy clans, especially clan PKing/wars/etc., but with the wilderness barren, what happened there?

There's also the quests of course. But I find very few enjoyable because most are just tedious tasks done just for the sake of getting it done or for the rewards.

I suppose that the joy is still locked away in each and every individual player. For those that loved those activities, they've changed to the point that they believe are unchangeable; for others, nothing's messed up at all.

For myself, the joy in still playing is that I'm still having some fun. Sure, it gets boring and tedious at times, but aren't all games like that at one point or another?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well, if you dont enjoy the "click thousand times to lvl up" or quests, the answer is clear, quit or wait until clan wars or PvP worlds. I dont want to sound rude but why would you play a game you dont enjoy?

For me, i love quests and the storylines, i like a little bit of everything too like training range or slayer, but i focus on quests.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

Well, I enjoy raising my combat skills so I can hit higher and more acurately later in castle wars. There are fast exp methods to train your combat skills with very few clicks involved. You can literally just leave you character alone for up to a few minutes or so.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Personally, I prefer being boring and skilling. It is just who I am. There is just something that satisfies me seeing such a high total level and skills.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Personally, I prefer being boring and skilling. It is just who I am. There is just something that satisfies me seeing such a high total level and skills.

I'm the same way... though it's gotten too dry for me in the past, I always end up coming back.

sig3bh7.png

For myself, the joy in still playing is that I'm still having some fun. Sure, it gets boring and tedious at times, but aren't all games like that at one point or another?

Exactly, I can't think of a single game that never irritated me in one way or another. They all have a certain amount of tedium in them. People can say "all you do in RS is click, click, click" but when you look at every other game, you essentially do the same stuff over and over again too.

Some people like skilling... Grinding is present in many MMORPGs, and gamers have gotten used to it. RuneScape is the only MMORPG that I've played that doesn't focus mainly on PvP, and that's probably why I still play it.

The soon-to-be-released PvP worlds will certainly be dynamic, as people will once again have the feel of being sneaked up on like the old days of the Wilderness.

Jagex is aware players need a break from skilling sometimes, that's why they're always introducing mini-games. Even skilling mini-games like the new RC game are fun (yes I find it fun).

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Boss hunting is always fun, and until I have every decent item in the game with money to spare I'm not even considering being bored of this game lol. There's so much to aspire to acheive, and even if you don't want to acheive anything, just chatting to all the mates I've made through RS stops it being boring in any way.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Skilling is still here the way its always been, if anything its got better, the lost of pvp didnt change that. Skilling can be tedious and boring but the rewards are such thats sometimes its worth.

Skilling is a guarentee, if i cut 50k yew ill get level 99 Woodcutting, where as pvp is a gamble, you could win or lose, sometimes i think people like the security of knowing if they do something for a set amount of time they will definaty be rewarded for it.

To be honest current pvp bores me, as there is no reward for half of it and the odds of a reward in the other half have been extremely reduced, but i was a fan of the old wildy. Cant say i think the new updates are gonna restore that totaly but at least its not a BH quick fix.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Everyone has diffedrent points of view concerning what they like. Runescape is a Role Playing Game- meaning that you play asa character in what is supposed to be a 'mideivally modern' world. If you quit, hopefully you won't get square eyes.

Think to it- you can't "win" runescape. If you get lvl 99 in all skills and teh max amount of xp possible, you stil didn't win.

You don't GET anything in real life by playing ruenscape, except joy- which makes time go by faster.

You LOSE much more- you lose around 5 bucks a month, your body accumulates with excessive amounts of radiation, and you get bags under your eyes each day.

If you don't like runescape and find it boring but still wanna live to just be 45 by getting too much radiation in you, find anotehr game. I don't want to advertise, so send me a pm and I'll tell you a few sites with games, or another fun game.

However, if you want to be long-lived, go away from your computer and find something else that you like- TV's often fun and gives off WAY less radiation than computers.

Or jsut ask your teacher for extra work in school, using up more time, giving you extra credit (if your teacher tells you it does), will strengthen your stills in w/e teh work's about, and maek you more and mroe ready for a job when you get to be 20.

Basically, I'm asking you, do you want to rot before a st00pid electronic box or have a better life, literally?

'nuff said.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

I play runescape for 1 reason- it's fun. Now yes, skilling is quite boring, thats why all 3 of my accounts are parked in the wilderness. and with the release of the new pvp worlds, ill be playing alot more to get my combat skills up, try and get some kills when it comes out.

How many times do we need to get these threads per week? This is seriously like the fifth or sixth thread EXACTLY like this one that I've read this week. Is it so hard to search? Even if you're not using the search function, just go back a page in the general discussion, you'll see a bunch of topics just like this. If you're not having fun, quit. Easy.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

You don't like skilling?

Too bad.

You don't like questing?

Too bad.

You don't like pking?

Too bad.

There is still pking and dueling. More risk involved in pking now, so it should be more enjoyable, but less risk involved in 1 vs 1 dueling, so it will be less for some people. Duel tournaments? Ever try them? They're quite risky and difficult, and you can win up to 64mil while risking 1mil, so that's always nice.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000