Possible locations for the 1% safe area?

Jimmyw3000

Well with in the new PvP updates discussion, Jagex said that 1% would be safe. Here's a small (okay, i lie, it's 70kb) world map, and i drew in 1% of it in red over lumbridge. Unless Jagex includes dungeons etc. in the 100% thing, this seems rather small.

[hide=]<> read below pls.[/hide]

EDIT: Seems that my maths is an epic phail.

[hide=]

FAIL JIMMY you resized it to 1% by 1%, meaning that red square is actually 1%^2, or 0.01%.

you should have resized it to 10% by 10% which would make the red square 10%^2 or 1%.

I did it for you :P

untitled.png

note that this is 10% includes the black areas and whatever so it's actually about 50% smaller

but I think that by 99% they simply meant "most of the world"

[/hide]

Bob's right, i'm wrong.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Edgeville, to have Pk'ing inside Edge bank would be a joke. :wall:

Possibly all banks :?: Not sure if banks make up 1% of the map or not, it'll certainly be interesting seeing how JaGeX handle the situation nearer the time! :D

lumby will be safe area.

atleast I hope it will be as it was safe area back in the days when you could pk anywhere on classic..

Bad memories :( Trying to smelt my copper and tin to bronze bars and the trying to run to varrock and bank them.. got killed 7 freaking times on the way.. made me cry :(

tifsbti6oi.gif

lumby will be safe area.

atleast I hope it will be as it was safe area back in the days when you could pk anywhere on classic..

Bad memories :( Trying to smelt my copper and tin to bronze bars and the trying to run to varrock and bank them.. got killed 7 freaking times on the way.. made me cry :(

Wow, hard to imagine Rs like that. I don't really see the need to bring back old style PvP, but I guess people arn't happy with BH/ClanWars. At least JaGeX are keeping PvP to certain worlds :)

Lummy should be a safe area as mentioned, maybe banks and grand exchange will be covered to?

hopefully duengeons will be pvp, that way clans could "own" duengeons which would be awesome lol

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Lummy should be a safe area as mentioned, maybe banks and grand exchange will be covered to?

hopefully duengeons will be pvp, that way clans could "own" duengeons which would be awesome lol

Kinda reminds me of Pk'ing in Edgeville dungeon, those were the days :D

I think they were estimating on the 1% spot. They didn't ACTUALLY mean that. ;) To be honest, I think they're going to include banks, Lumbridge castle, the Grand Exchange, boss areas, and teleport/spawn locations, so people don't spawn camp.

j0xPu5R.png

I think it's probably all of the respawn points and all of the banks, including the Grand Exchange, and routes from every respawn point to the nearest bank. I don't think that Jagex intended us to look into that number so closely, they just mean a very small portion.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The little red square I drew in was 1%. I know that because I took the origional, resized it to 1% and colour it in red, then pasted it back on the origional over lunbrigde, which is where I think the safe place will be.

However, the world map doesnt show any dungeons, so the area's probably a lot bigger.

And I think Killer might be right tbh, It's not like jagex have ever been 100% right.

FAIL JIMMY you resized it to 1% by 1%, meaning that red square is actually 1%^2, or 0.01%.

you should have resized it to 10% by 10% which would make the red square 10%^2 or 1%.

I did it for you :P

untitled.png

note that this is 10% includes the black areas and whatever so it's actually about 50% smaller

but I think that by 99% they simply meant "most of the world"

The 1% area shown is still inaccurate.it's 99% of the world. The world does not include those black blank areas you have within the map :)

But I'm not bashing ya for it. With the new calculation from bobthesock, you can see that the area would be enough to hold the GE/banks etc.

What I was thinking would be cool, is that for those PvP worlds, they make the spawns within the banks themselves. Like have a teleport taking you from any of the banks dotted around runescape. Then you will spawn into a safe area (banks should be a safe area tbh) Would also eliminate clans spawn camping :D

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

I sent a query, they said that by 99% they meant msot of the world, but the calculations defiantly arent going to be more than 5% safe of the runescape world. Banks and stores are defiantly going to be safe- ge also, defiantly. that covers 1-5%.

question answered.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

The ge. And most banks,some might not be safe like the mage arena one in the wild.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I'm guessing: Lumbridge area - bank buildings - Grand Echange.

We might get a few more safespots, like maybe guilds and mini-game areas. You never know, Jagex might even make quest-specific areas non-PvP so that annoying PKers won't kill questers.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Poh obviously. Minigames too, and probably boss monsters as well as certain quest areas. You don't wanna have to worry about pk'er while doing MEP2 or that new Master Quest.

I wonder what monster hunting would be like in pvp worlds... obviously very dangerous, but probably not too crowded hehe. If there are some LS pvp worlds I wouldn't be surprised to see teams of people doing bandos in welfare gear in a pvp world due to the enormous crowds in non-pvp.