PK Anywhere: A Skiller's Dream Come True

NukeMarine

An epiphany if you will. First my opinion of how drops of Pk Anywhere will happen:

1. If you die on a PK Anywhere world, you leave behind a gravestone of all your items (you can save only one item with the prayer, not the top three). So you have upto the requisite time to run back and get your stuff. Unless....

2. Your killer (and ONLY your killer) can plunder your gravestone. If that happens, he gets his random drop (however Jagex works that out), and your grave is destroyed along with all your stuff. The side benefit of this is no looters in clan wars.

What that means to skillers?

Think about it: Right now, there's armor and weapons in the game that were created 5 or more years ago. That stuff does not easily disappear as you had to die far away from the ability to run back to get your stuff. Mainly, items changed hands but never disappeard.

With the above theory #2, very common PvP items will begin disappearing (armor, runes, weapons, potions, food, etc.) as they cannot be picked up by the killer and friends. That means that smithing, barrows, gwd may very well start seeing an increase in use again. High and mid level armor and weapons will disappear meaning skillers and mini-gamers will be needed to resupply.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought about that too. It'll definitely help the economy of RuneScape get going well again :thumbsup:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

this seems right.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

I never thought of this side of the update. Just think about barrows and other higher level items skyrocketing in price. If Pkers keep pking in the gear they wear at the moment Millions of GP in items will be lost.

Just think about all the 1 itemers in blk d hide there is like 15k a set x about 1000 dying a day for example. That is just one item set.

pocket_0aces.png

Well, according to the news post drops from player will be just like monster drops. You get a random item from a drop table. But, there's no doubt that re-release of pk anywhere will revitalize skilling and make it certainly more profitable. Even if you can go back and re-claim your items on death the effect of pking on items is so profound that it will still create massive profits for skillers.

Yea dude, pvp is gonna be crazy

its like WOW kinda how they have pvp worlds

and like you can have huge wars all around the world instead of just the wilderness

and if you really wanna have fun

you can like play games with your clan or friends

like capture the flag or siege on a castle or something ahaha

its gonna be sick

but of course there is gonna be that danger of a higher lvl just coming in

and owning the whole thing haha

=D

:thumbsup:

urmomma44tbni9.gif

Yeah some good ideas you got there mate, I've already invested in 100s of kwuarm seeds n limps for Super Strength pots, my plan is to keep on Farming and making these pots when ever I have the time til a couple of days after the update then bam - on the GE at max price sell instantly and a massive return on my small investment all them months before hand...

Another thing I've recgonised is how cooked sharks have been struggling to sell around 850 for weeks now but within days of this news there upto 962 mid and now only give a 40gp loss when cooking them, even less if you buy low and sell high. This is only 1 example of probobly 1000s - I don't even like pking but Thankyou Jagex...

Avid43.png

My theory is when a person dies they leave a gravestone, the person who killed them can go to it and get one random item from their inventory. The person who died can get their stuff back, minus the item given to their killer.

I'm hoping this isn't true though. I hope when you die, you lose everything and will not be able to get it back. If not the risk/reward is going to be so out of place, and we'll have people wearing the same craptastic armour that gets worn to CW. Where the rich win and the poor lose.

Basically all thats gonna happen is the markets that died following pk removal will restore themselves.

Namely food and potions will leap upwards along with high end f2p equipment such as rune

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's actually a very good point, with the amount of Rune, Addy and even Mith around Smithing just isn't profitable anymore and the only way to bring the prices to a level where Smithing is worth training is to drain them from the game, same with Crafting and dragonhide prices. Even Cooking could benefit, there is such a surplus of cooked food due to it being a popular skill to 99 that it loses a lot of money, with more demand for cooked food it could break even or make a profit again.

My only concern is, they just won't drain fast enough to actually have any major impact on Mining, Smithing, Crafting or even Cooking. Armour would have to be lost at such at rate that it's twice the amount coming into the game before prices would even start to near the shop prices (Rune Plate is about 46k, Oziach charges what, 80k?) and raw/cooked fish is sold in it's millions each day, could pkers even gobble up that many Lobsters to affect prices?

blazesigbq9.jpg

lmao cooking(the most lame 99 to get) it going to break even again instead of the reasonable 15mil loss it got now... better start stocking up on lobs to merch :ugeek:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Don't forget with pkers returning they will need food, weapons and potions ::'

Skillers will make some nice £££ with the return of pvp :thumbsup:

Not just skillers, hopefully rune/dragon boots, whips and dark bows will go up too.

Not just skillers, hopefully rune/dragon boots, whips and dark bows will go up too.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

My only concern is, they just won't drain fast enough to actually have any major impact on Mining, Smithing, Crafting or even Cooking. Armour would have to be lost at such at rate that it's twice the amount coming into the game before prices would even start to near the shop prices (Rune Plate is about 46k, Oziach charges what, 80k?) and raw/cooked fish is sold in it's millions each day, could pkers even gobble up that many Lobsters to affect prices?

If it wasn't for that 5% and other GE trade limits, pkers would equalize the prizes within two weeks or less, just from a surge of people pking again. Though this is only if the actual themed worlds are good to pkers, or is somehow profitable.

If not, the prices will probably be slightly higher than what they were before for quite some time.

Not really hyped up about it tho...... if i want pvp i play guild wars... :roll:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yeah, the skillers will make a lot of cash by this, and guys like me, with mains who skill quite a lot too, will make some nice $$$ too :D.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I really don't think you will be able to get ANY of your items back after you die or get ANY of your victim's original items.

but more on topic: I'm actually really excited for what this will do for the economy :ohnoes: GWD won't be the only really viable way to make money anymore! ^_^

sig1ju.jpg