PK Anywhere: A Skiller's Dream Come True

NukeMarine

There aren't going to be millions of bots around, you have absolutely no idea what your'e talking about. Yes, the prices will rise when pkers rejoin and go back to beating each other senselessly, as the demand for potions food and runes will skyrocket. At no or low cost? Have you not noticed that the "masses of bots" are gone?

The bots are pretty useless in the current system. They do still exist and jagex changed his mind on the idea of remove or reduce the randoms.

In the next one will not be so rare.

According to the idea of the thread creator each duel the pker will loose food/potions and the killed "real" runescape items like the armor will wear. The winner wil get some a "rich" drop, maybe that nice, useless, untradable stat boostig gears we have seen in fog.

With the introduction of GE and the removal of bots every resource has rised in value of about 20%, and there is lesser competition to gather it.

Why do you think that a shark, for example, will increase further?

Now is about 1k.. They were 800gp each an year before GE, and was often possible to get them for less.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex has said nothing about using current worlds for pvp only worlds, you're making things up to use as your evidence. "Pkers always get the best updates", cry about it more, baby.

Looks like a few people, like Atta, will be happy that they got their Pker binkie back, so they can cry and whine when anything they don't like happens, that it's the pkers fault.

There is a wonderful utility in runescape homepage that is called POLL.

From there you will see that in a specific poll 80% of players DO NOT LIKE PVP.

With the removal of wild not only the 20% of players who liked it DID not quit as promised, but runescape players are a lot more.

How many whining of that 20% has been fulfilled? How many problems of the rushed update have been fixed for the other 80%?

Jagex has said nothing about using current worlds for pvp only worlds, you're making things up to use as your evidence. "Pkers always get the best updates", cry about it more, baby.

Looks like a few people, like Atta, will be happy that they got their Pker binkie back, so they can cry and whine when anything they don't like happens, that it's the pkers fault.

There is a wonderful utility in runescape homepage that is called POLL.

From there you will see that in a specific poll 80% of players DO NOT LIKE PVP.

With the removal of wild not only the 20% of players who liked it DID not quit as promised, but runescape players are a lot more.

How many whining of that 20% has been fulfilled? How many problems of the rushed update have been fixed for the other 80%?

You are so wrong you should be locked away in a cage beneath Antartica.

Thats 80% of the people who voted that poll! Not every single one of the people vote on polls you know.

That besides the point, I would like to see you stand against the other 20%, a good 200,000 costumers, that their game is ruined.

There will not be millions of bots, Russia will not unchain a world war, Comets won't crash tomorrow and the plague isnt coming back. Stop your random doomsaying and start thinking realistically.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Thats 80% of the people who voted that poll! Not every single one of the people vote on polls you know.

Lets imagine 100.000 out of 1 million voted it. 80.000 against pvp, 20.000 pro. If all the player would have voted it would have been 800.000 against 200.000, always 80%. A poll gives you an idea, but go close to it.

As generally a skiller do not need a main and a group of pures, I would agree with you that probabily the % of people who likes PVP is even less. But, to be kind, i will allow you to belive that 200.000 people will be happy for the update and 800.000 will be mad.

Maybe the skillers will get and advantage from this update, but (as you said) is more likely that iran wil use his new atomic missiles to blow up a meteorite coming to destroy all the life on earth.

History generally helps better then fiction to understand our present. In the 6 years where skillers and pkers lived separaded by a ditch little of good come from pkers, just thousand of problems. Nor there is any sign that pkers have "learnt the lesson" and will behave better in the future.

Maybe i need to think more realistically. I wil not be the one to tell you that santa claus do not exist and the Good Pker, defender of the weak, Protector of the humble never visited Runescape.

Lets imagine 100.000 out of 1 million voted it. 80.000 against pvp, 20.000 pro. If all the player would have voted it would have been 800.000 against 200.000, always 80%. A poll gives you an idea, but go close to it.

As generally a skiller do not need a main and a group of pures, I would agree with you that probabily the % of people who likes PVP is even less. But, to be kind, i will allow you to belive that 200.000 people will be happy for the update and 800.000 will be mad.

Maybe the skillers will get and advantage from this update, but (as you said) is more likely that iran wil use his new atomic missiles to blow up a meteorite coming to destroy all the life on earth.

History generally helps better then fiction to understand our present. In the 6 years where skillers and pkers lived separaded by a ditch little of good come from pkers, just thousand of problems. Nor there is any sign that pkers have "learnt the lesson" and will behave better in the future.

Maybe i need to think more realistically. I wil not be the one to tell you that santa claus do not exist and the Good Pker, defender of the weak, Protector of the humble never visited Runescape.

From what i believe, most people who pk would not notice the poll so those number will be off. People like skillers are more likely to vote then your average pker.

Someone above me wrote "There will be f2p pk'ing servers..."

Imagine the squeeling when jagex announce that PVP servers are only P2P!!!

Even though I'm a mostly anti-F2P-updates, I'd have to say that that would be a pretty dumb move. There was a world of difference between P2P Pking and F2P Pking when the wilderness was in use. This is because the battles are different since you are only restricted to nonmember food, equipment, and magic. It's the same reason you see members fight in Clan Wars - it's different so sometimes they find it fun to go on a F2P world.

Let' me reel in my statement a bit. Really I'm just saying armor and weapons will now become perishable items. This benefits smithing. Food and potions will go up in use, bringing about a boost to fishing/cooking/herblore/farming. However, fish comes into the economy so quick, I doubt even pk anywhere will help it that much.

What we cannot predict is how big a drain to items this will ulitmately become. Are players willing to risk losing millions in armor and weapons to get the edge on another player (also wearing millions) to get the "impressive kill" factor up high enough for a decent drop? How fast will Rune Armor get depleted on free servers?

This still looks like the biggest update since the GE/RWT changes. Yeah, the graphic change seemed big, but that was still cosmetics. It did not alter the way I really approached the game. PK anywhere will.

Yes, that's a really good point you got there. And btw, almost all skills will get a boost from it.

Mining.. well armours need smithing.. smithing need ore.(ore price go up)

smithing.. high smithing.. can smith bars to rune armour.(armour price go up)

farming.. farming seeds and getting herbs helps in potions (herbs go higher)

herblore.. well pkers need pots.(potions price go up, may be higher than herbs and 2nds)

fishing.. pkers need food but they wont eat it raw ( raw and cooked food go higher)

cooking.. yes need to cook the raw food (cooked might be higher than raw = more profit)

slayer... more ppl need d boots/whips/dark bows/gmauls.. so high slayer = nice profit

hunter.. many pkers will hopefully get rich and want to buy their 99 range with chinchompas.(red chins higher..)

runecrafting.. well mage pkers need runes and soon-to-be-mage-pker need rune to train(runes higher.)

woodcutting.. longbows are one of the things they will use to high alch(for example)

There aren't going to be millions of bots around, you have absolutely no idea what your'e talking about. Yes, the prices will rise when pkers rejoin and go back to beating each other senselessly, as the demand for potions food and runes will skyrocket. At no or low cost? Have you not noticed that the "masses of bots" are gone?

The bots are pretty useless in the current system. They do still exist and jagex changed his mind on the idea of remove or reduce the randoms.

In the next one will not be so rare.

According to the idea of the thread creator each duel the pker will loose food/potions and the killed "real" runescape items like the armor will wear. The winner wil get some a "rich" drop, maybe that nice, useless, untradable stat boostig gears we have seen in fog.

With the introduction of GE and the removal of bots every resource has rised in value of about 20%, and there is lesser competition to gather it.

Why do you think that a shark, for example, will increase further?

Now is about 1k.. They were 800gp each an year before GE, and was often possible to get them for less.

i saw sharks on world 2 at 500 gp each once :x

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

There's one flaw in all of our debating and discussing: No More Drop Trading!

Before, Pkers claimed to have boosted the economy with all their spending. The thing was, their characters could not get wealthy on their own. It was the "main" that made the cash that ultimately created a good pker character.

Without drop trading, unless you have an established, wealthy, pker; you're not in the position to buy tons of stuff to build a pker and fight for high stakes. Guess it's a subject of another thread, but where's the wealth going to come from that the pkers will use to finance their lifestyle?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

There's one flaw in all of our debating and discussing: No More Drop Trading!

Before, Pkers claimed to have boosted the economy with all their spending. The thing was, their characters could not get wealthy on their own. It was the "main" that made the cash that ultimately created a good pker character.

Without drop trading, unless you have an established, wealthy, pker; you're not in the position to buy tons of stuff to build a pker and fight for high stakes. Guess it's a subject of another thread, but where's the wealth going to come from that the pkers will use to finance their lifestyle?

Probably godwars, or former wealth left unstirred because they quit. Probably skilling and merchanting too.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The same people who spit on pkers after the december updates are rejoicing with the return of "the wildy". Ironic isn't it?

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.

I didn't think of it this way.... This is pretty awesome. Even people whose mining/smithing is 40ish can profit by flooding the market with cheap iron and steel crap.

I don't see how skillers would benefit from this. All of the pking supplies, except pots & sharks maybe, are not bought from skillers. Skillers don't smith rune, they don't sell barrows, not whips, or any pking supplies -.-. All they do is skill - get their stat levels up.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

I don't see how skillers would benefit from this. All of the pking supplies, except pots & sharks maybe, are not bought from skillers. Skillers don't smith rune, they don't sell barrows, not whips, or any pking supplies -.-. All they do is skill - get their stat levels up.

They produce runes, arrows, bows, food, potions. They're all Pking supplies and will benefit skillers hugely if the demand increases.

Not only that, monster hunters which supply the high level weapons and armour to PKers will increase in number as that becomes more profitable. And they need runes, arrows, bows, food and potions too.

A nice little chain is established, giving big profits to the producers, and easily available supplies to the consumers. Recipe for the Golden Age of Runescape, no?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The same people who spit on pkers after the december updates are rejoicing with the return of "the wildy". Ironic isn't it?

No, I think the ones that were glad to see pk'ing ruined are not happy it's coming back even bigger than before. I never had a problem with pk'ing, in fact I thought it could have been better (including being PK anywhere).

Now, I did hate some of the tactics pk'ers used, mainly tag teaming in solo and ambush/retreat. The luring was just flat out item scamming (not to be confused with luring were you were getting other pkers to chase you to a multi zone where your friends were). Hopefully all those are removed when it comes back proper.

I look forward to the return of pk'rs, even though I've not been one myself.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

think of losing an ags... and your killer not getting it :wall: waste of 75m pl0xx :twss:

Oh well, these are the little sacrifices were are going to have to make in order to make the game Balance <.<

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

think of losing an ags... and your killer not getting it :wall: waste of 75m pl0xx :twss:

Well, that's part of the point of this thread. If items like that LEAVE the game, then it means prices will not be dropping as fast. So, either you pk without the AGS, or risk it so that you get a chance at a better item. So, you lose the 75m gp but that means the other player has a greater chance of getting an outstanding drop worth (assuming it drop table is affected by player value of items lost in the kill).

What I wonder is if other areas of the game will be different on PK anywhere servers? Better drops from monsters, better skilling, etc. I personally hope not, as it'll feel like the old wild where Jagex kinda forced "targets" (aka skillers) to go to the wild to get better drops or training. True, you'll find less players skilling on a PK anywhere server, but some will go there as the resources will be more open.

nukemarine.png

Nukemarine makes the most interesting observation. Skillers can only benefit if the pkers can afford the materials being sold. Since even on winning a pker will not get the persons items then all pkers will ultimately be losing money and lots of it. No bots or drop trading means that the only way for pkers to make money will be by skilling themselves.

This huge money drain may even see prices dropping further!!!!

Nukemarine makes the most interesting observation. Skillers can only benefit if the pkers can afford the materials being sold. Since even on winning a pker will not get the persons items then all pkers will ultimately be losing money and lots of it. No bots or drop trading means that the only way for pkers to make money will be by skilling themselves.

This huge money drain may even see prices dropping further!!!!

Why would the decrease in the amount of items floating around cause a price drop, if anything prices will go up.