Low Level Aviansie Slaying Guide!

reny06

hey man thanks for this guide im gonna try both tanking (once i hav 80 def) and the pray method and see which i get better results with.

Lameo3.png

Joined RS Dec 24th 2004.

99 Hunter 14.08.09 10084th

99 Cooking 17.06.11 188188th

<< Drum and Bass

Reny: Some more suggestions.

Update your pics now that you are 70 range

Maybe put what i said about prayer in hide tags? I can give you more info if needed

Add in the Lumbridge Diary Ring, It's Very useful for Avainses

Suggest that if you are not going to stay for the full time, or can do troll tele, using ppots is probably a better option

Suggest where to kill. When i use Prayer i kill just outside the Eyrie, i kill primarily the 71 and 69, and shoot the others a bit whilst waiting for the 71 and 69 to spawn, with a lower range level you may not have to wait for them to spawn

Emerald Bolts can be useful for the poison effect when praying and alone, you can poison quite a number of them

Suggest Holy Wrench (Personally i don't own one)

Note an approximate 90% rate of adamant bars (90 bars per 100 kills on average)

Do a one hour test, similar to mine at your range level. Count your xp and gp from kills, it will be accurate.

I'm gonna continue on this list and correct/add a bit:

#I would advice ppots too, but only if you have a holy wrench. You have 1 pot less then, but with trollheim tele, you can bank quite fast actually.

#Think about a god mitre (eg. a saradomin one), so that you can wear black d'hide body too. Also take ranging vambs or RFD gloves.

#For the pc'ers; they could use full void with a zammy book and a holy symbol/saradomin stole. Will speed up you're kills, but also prayers will be drained faster.

#A correction on the 90% rate; it's actually between 20% and 25%, because the numbers are right, but don't forget they drop 4 bars at once ;)

Personally I'm more for the tankingway (but what do you expect, with 89 defence <3: ), but this is a nice guide for low levels who want to kill aviansies! Update it a bit more with the suggestions if you feel they are right and you will get an 8/10 and a "very nice"-rating from me! :D

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

just a few suggestions

-if you can get them, barrows gloves give a +12 to ranged attack and defence

-since only one sara item is required there is less risk if you replace a sara item with a black dragonhide item

eg replace sara chaps with black dhide chaps - same stats, less money risk

-to stop aviansies from attacking you at all, wear the armadyl pendant from the temple of ikov quest

-use prayer pots with holy wrench - from the rum deal quest, gives added effect to drinking prayer potions - and makes prayer

potions more effective than super restores, BUT do take one super restore to restore from the cold effect

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

Excuse a noobish question, but what kind of arrows do you use?

[EDIT] And also, would a zamorak robe bottom work instead of a prayer bottom? (Equipping sara book)

[EDIT] I went with a zammy cape instead wearing this:

vexxingwdac0.png

(Mith bolts) And it went super well! Thanks for a great guide!

Formerly known as Rs Shark Fan Died. (Forgot pass :( )

vexxon.png

vexxon.png

vexxon.png

vexxon.png

[EDIT] And also, would a zamorak robe bottom work instead of a prayer bottom? (Equipping sara book)

vexxingwdac0.png

dont use dragon boots, no prayer bonus or something, if you lend something, lend armadyl helm or something like that, you got like 4 sara items? why not attractor and unholy symbol? unholysymbol outperforms holy because you dont need defense bonus.

and this guide is really improving!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

[hide=]

vexxingwdac0.png

[/hide]

dont use dragon boots, no prayer bonus or something, if you lend something, lend armadyl helm or something like that, you got like 4 sara items? why not attractor and unholy symbol? unholysymbol outperforms holy because you dont need defense bonus.

and this guide is really improving!

also.. barrows gloves > vambraces

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

• 4 weeks later...
Ok Reny, ill help you out here. Everyone else seems to have no idea.

Ok. you have +22 Prayer, and you have 21 inventory spaces for prayer restore.

With +22 Prayer, you will loose 1 Prayer point every 5.2 Seconds

Lets assume level 50 prayer. At 50 Prayer, a Super Restore will replenish 20 prayer points, and a Prayer Potion will replenish 19 points, per dose.

At 50 prayer, you will be able to restore 1680 prayer points with 21 Super Restore, and last for 149.93 minutes. 21 Super Restore (4) will cost 183,078gp, therefore 1221.06 gp per minute.

At 50 prayer, you will be able to restore 1710 prayer points with 21 Prayer Potions, and last for 138.32 Minutes. 21 Prayer Potion (4) will cost 160,650gp, therefore 1161.43 gp per minute.

Picture it like this, is 11.61 Minutes extra at the avainses worth the extra 22,428gp?

Super Restore potions will cost you an extra 59.62 gp per minute at the avainses.

In one minute, you can probably kill 3 avainse? Netting on average, 2.7 Adamant Bars.

That is 6045.30gp per minute there.

You are gaining an extra 11.61 minutes from super restores, meaning an extra 70,185gp made off adamant bars. You have only spent 22,428gp extra for those 11.61 minutes, therefore using Super Restores, you come out 47,757gp ahead.

Now, all you morons spamming his topic, get off?

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't post. Simple.

ok... wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Got that? Its wrong.

the times prayer last might be right... but not super restores vs prayer pots times.

at 50 prayer, if supers restore 20 per does, and are more expensive then prayer pots, they are better. prayer pots, at level 50, WILL GET YOU 20 PER DOSE!!!!! if you use a holy wrench (quest reward of a quest, forgot which) hence, prayer pots last just as long as supers AND cost less. hence p pots are better. and i was right and you were wrong :P

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Just a suggestion:

Add the holy wrench if going with prayer pots, they help a lot

Edit : Holy wrench is the reward of the rum deal quest, a easy one.

R_Silkwood.png

@santana_raphael

I'm retired from Runescape due to my really bad connection, maybe coming back soon

[hide=]

Lets assume level 50 prayer. At 50 Prayer, a Super Restore will replenish 20 prayer points, and a Prayer Potion will replenish 19 points, per dose.

At 50 prayer, you will be able to restore 1680 prayer points with 21 Super Restore, and last for 149.93 minutes. 21 Super Restore (4) will cost 183,078gp, therefore 1221.06 gp per minute.

At 50 prayer, you will be able to restore 1710 prayer points with 21 Prayer Potions, and last for 138.32 Minutes. 21 Prayer Potion (4) will cost 160,650gp, therefore 1161.43 gp per minute.

Picture it like this, is 11.61 Minutes extra at the avainses worth the extra 22,428gp?

Super Restore potions will cost you an extra 59.62 gp per minute at the avainses.

In one minute, you can probably kill 3 avainse? Netting on average, 2.7 Adamant Bars.

You are gaining an extra 11.61 minutes from super restores, meaning an extra 70,185gp made off adamant bars. You have only spent 22,428gp extra for those 11.61 minutes, therefore using Super Restores, you come out 47,757gp ahead.

[/hide]

Using super restores will yield a lower moneymaking rate than prayer pots. Yes, you will make more money per trip, but since you're spending more per kill without speeding them up, you're going to make less money in the long run.

Matter of choice really, Personally I dont like to, some days I get heaps of herbs.

You might personally not want to keep the airs and waters, but it's the smart thing to do. As a guide writer your job is to help people kill these in the best way possible.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

A few questions:

-Do Monk robes count as a Saradomin item?

No.

-What about Bone c'bow? Does it work aswell?

You could use it but you won't get as much profit or xp as broad/mith bolts.

Great guide, thanks. :D

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 6 months later...

Ring of wealth: Personally, i wouldn't wear it. Avainses have no *rare* drops worth obtaining. Remember, it's not called the "Get more of what i want" ring, it will not increase your Adamant bar Drop rate. IMO, wear the lumbridge ring, it gives a prayer bonus and has free low alchs + you get extra run energy when running there, and a free teleport to draynor (No need for ectofial)

The level 3 ring is quite easy to obtain and i'd reccomend it over anything.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your math is wrong.

you said ppots would restore 19 points per dose, compared to super restore's 20

so how is 21*20 less than 21*19?

And you can use the holy wrench with 20 ppots to get extra prayer from each dose.

its I believe, equal to 20 super restores, so you lose 4 doses, but you save money. And if you have enough, you can restore your prayer, bank, replenish supplies, and return before you would finish your next potion, so I think that would make up for it.

and I jsut noticed, my signature's been replaced. Quite Frankly, it doesn't bug me, I was about to delete 1 image lol

PS: Ignore my previous post, I explained it better in this one,

you were wrong about how many points a super restores and how many a prayer restores tho

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Ouch you've picked an expensive method

Costs

21 super restores @ ~13k = 273k

Rewards

153 bars @ ~2.3k = 352k

Cash + herbs = 80k

Gives a total profit/loss of 159k in 150 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes.

Which works out at 63.6k per hour.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

OK, no one is going to believe me for this, and I already argued with Lalala on this, but I have stated that I've gotten 235-279k exp in one 3-hour trip to aviansies at 85-87 range. I bring better gear than that, and 24 prayer potions which (at the rate stated by Craven) last about 2.82222223 hours (remember, I had better gear than that). Jard Y Dooku and I both separately calced it at about 96-103 average hitpoints for the aviansies I was killing. I would get 600+ kills a trip, 675 being my highest, and about 600-675 bars (never below). If you do the math, 600 x 96 (this is worst trip possible for what I did) is 57,600 damage dealt over the entire trip. Multiply that by the xp per damage dealt (trust me, it's 4.1 xp/dam), you get 236,160 xp per 3-hour trip, which is 78,720 experience per hour. Most will say this is IMPOSSIBLE even at 99 range. I would say that maybe I mixed up how much xp I got per trip because I'd always remember what I started at, but I did the math for how much xp based on skills and Craven's prayer point/5.2 second formula just proved that I get more than the 'max possible'.

GF'd, Lalala. I was right all along :twss: . BTW, I calced the BEST possible scenario, it's 285,053 xp/trip OR 95,018 xp per hour. I hope this encourages people to want to do Aviansies for one of the best exp/hour monsters to slay.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Told you :geek:

553VriC.png?1

Ren, I was so annoyed at your arrogance in HYT chat I decided to do a little testing of my own. With 99 range, void, and range potions I got 48,176 xp in 3 minutes over an hour. I alternated between 2 aviansies, level 83 (86 hp) and level 89 (69 hp) for an average of 77.5 hp each. I brought 4 range potions (4), 10 nature runes, a lava battle staff, 1 summoning potion (3), 2 bunyip pouches, 2 salmon, and 12 sharks. After I used up my food, I prayed protection from range with my remaining 60 prayer points from the level 89 since he both hit harder and had less hp, and tanked the level 83. Durring this period I cast 1 b2p spell (12 peaches) and got 1 swordfish drop. After my prayer had ran out and I was out of food I cast 1 more b2p spell (14 peaches) and the hour was up. My equipment was full void range, armadyl pendant, rune crossbow, broad bolts, archers ring, unholy book, ava's accumulator, and dragon boots (I realised I had forgot to change them for rangers a few mintues in but I didn't want to inturrupt the test). All eating/drinking was done while running to pick up drops. I repotted range once it fell to 99.

[hide=Proof]aviansies.png[/hide]

Now can you please explain to me how you, with a lower range level, worse gear, and a higher hp&def per aviansie can get 20%+ higher xp/hour then me? I'll do some more hour-long tests later but in the mean time you can try and pry your foot out of your mouth. You might want to stop naming your PMs "Good Fight."

quit

A few questions:

-Do Monk robes count as a Saradomin item?

No.

-What about Bone c'bow? Does it work aswell?

You could use it but you won't get as much profit or xp as broad/mith bolts.

Great guide, thanks. :D

Actually monk robes do count as a sara item. All I have to contribute to this thread lol.
imagangster.png

Just a question: don't you need an Armadyl item so you don't get piled by aviansies?

If your not in the eryie area then you want them to auto attack you. As your praying your taking no damage so with 2 attacking you as soon as you kill one your auto attacking the other (great if you want to semi-afk)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]