[*:26kjkj2i]The Ores

[*:26kjkj2i]The Mining Spots

[*:26kjkj2i]Leveling Guide - Dropping your ores

[*:26kjkj2i]Leveling Guide - Banking your ores

[*:26kjkj2i]How to Make Profit

[*:26kjkj2i]Tips and Tricks

[*:26kjkj2i]Credits

Introduction

[hide=]Mining has always been a favourite skill of mine for some reason. When JAGeX put in the new graphics, many areas were destroyed and changed. I wrote this guide so that the community can know all of the new spots and[/hide]

Good Set-Up

[hide=]When Mining, you want to aim to be as light as possible, or wear nothing at all, this way, you can run for longer, which means you can gain more Experience Points Per Hour. Here are two example of what is a good Set-Up and what is a bit Set-Up.

Good Set-Up:

godinv.jpg

This Set-Up is very light, so it is good for running, which means you can get more potential Experience Points.

Bad Set-Up:

baninv.jpg

This Set-Up is terrible. It weighs too much, so you are going to be losing Experience Points as you need to use more run energy.

Examples of Good and Bad Set-Ups:

Good Set-Up:

• [*:26kjkj2i]Rune Crafting Robes

[*:26kjkj2i]Monk's Robes

[*:26kjkj2i]Magic Robes

[*:26kjkj2i]Some random event clothing

[*:26kjkj2i]Nothing at all

Bad Set-Up:

• [*:26kjkj2i]Armour of any type (Metal or Hide)

[*:26kjkj2i]Wearing a shield

[*:26kjkj2i]Random Event Clothing

[/hide]

How to Efficiently Power Mine

[hide=]If you want to get the fastest Experience Points possible per/hour, then Power Mining is definitely an option to consider. In this section, I am going to tell you how to power mine efficiently, and where the best spot to Power Mine.

To Power Mine correctly, you want to do it vertically, not horizontally. That way, you are not going to be moving your mouse as far. But there is a more important reason to do so. When you are dropping vertically and you click drop, your cursor is located on the ore, so all you have to do is right click, and move the cursor down to "Drop". Here is a little animation on what it should look like.

clip0003.gif

The best spot to Power Mine in F2P, is the Rimmington Mine. The spot is located on the most West Side, and there is a collection of 4 rocks. You can use either of the two following ways:

rimmington-1.png[/hide]

The Picks

[hide=]Always use the best pick you can when mining. Don't be lazy and think, "I'll just wait until I can use the next pick instead of buying the one I can use right now" eg. Having a Mithril Pickaxe, when you can use Adamant, and waiting to Rune. You are going to save yourself a lot of time and struggle if you use the best pick you can.

Bronze Pick Axe:

Bronze_pickaxe.gif

Everyone starts out with the Pick. It can be bought from General Stores, The Grand Exchange and Bob's Axes. It costs 1GP to buy and Nurmof will repair it for free. Anyway can wield and use this Pick.

Iron Pick Axe:

Iron_pickaxe.gif

The next Pick up from Bronze. It can be bought from Nurmof's Pick Axe Shop and the Grand Exchange. It costs 137 GP and Nurmof will repair it for free. Anybody can use this pick.

Steel Pick Axe:

Steel_pickaxe.gif

The next Pick up from Iron. This Pick can be bought from Numrof's Pick Axe Shop and the Grand Exchange. It will cost you 500GP to buy, and if you break it you will have to pay Nurmof 17GP for him to fix it. You have to be 6 Mining to use this and have an Attack Level of 5 to wield it.

Mithril Pick:

Mithril_pickaxe.gif

The next Pick up from Steel. This Pick can be bought from Numrof's Pick Axe Shop and the Grand Exchange. It will cost you 1300GP to buy and if you break it you will have to pay Nurmof 43 GP for him to fix it. You need to have 21 Mining to use it and have an Attack Level of 20 to wield it.

Adamant Pick Axe:

Adamant_pickaxe.gif

The next Pick up from Mithril. This Pick can be bought from Numrof's Pick Axe Shop and the Grand Exchange. It will cost you 3200GP to buy and if you break it you will have to pay Nurmof 107 GP to fix it. You need to have 31 Mining to use it and have an Attack Level of 30 to wield it.

Rune Pick Axe:

Rune_pickaxe.gif

The next Pick up from Adamant. his Pick can be bought from Numrof's Pick Axe Shop and the Grand Exchange. It will cost you 32000GP to buy and if you break it you will have to pay Nurmof 1100GP to fix it. You need to have 41 Mining to use and have an Attack Level of 40 to wield it.

Credit to Tip.It for these pictures.[/hide]

The Ores[hide=]Rune Essence:

essence_rock.png

To mine this rock, you have to complete Rune Mysteries Quest. You need to have a minimum level of 1 Mining to mine it. The only spot you can mine this is in the Rune Essence mine, where you can be teleported to by Aubry in Varrock. You will receive 5 Experience Points per Essence. Used in Rune Crafting

Clay:

min_clay.png

There are no requirements to mine this rock. It can be found all over RuneScape, but the common spots are at the Crafting Guild and the Dwarven Mine. You will receive 5 Experience Points per Clay. Used in Crafting.

Copper Ore:

copper_rock.png

There are no requirements to mine this rock. It is found all over RuneScape in nearly every main Mining Spot, excluding the Mining Guild. You will receive 17.5 Experience Points per Copper Ore. It is used in Smelting Bronze Bars with Tin.

Tin Ore:

min_tin.png

There are no requirements to mine this rock. It is found all over RuneScape in nearly every main Mining Spot, excluding the Mining Guild. You will receive 17.5 Experience Points per Tin Ore. It is used in Smelting Bronze Bars with Copper.

Blurite Ore:

min_blurite.png

You need to have a minimum level of 10 Mining to mine this rock. It is only found in the Ice Caves Mine. You will receive 17.5 Experience Points per Rock. It is used in the Knight Sword Quest, and has no other use afterward.

Iron Ore:

min_iron.png

You need a minimum level of 15 Mining to mine this rock. It is found all over RuneScape and is the first choice for Power Miners. 35+ Mining is recommended to Power Mine this rock (more on this later) and you will receive 35 Experience Points per rock. It is used for Smelting Iron and Steel Bars.

Silver Ore:

min_silver.png

You need a minimum level of 20 Mining to mine this rock. This rock is found in various spots over RuneScape, but the main spot it is mined is at the Crafting Guild. A level of 40 Mining is recommended to mine this rock and you will receive 40 Experience Points per rock. It is used in Smelting Silver Bars and Crafting

Coal Ore:

min_coal.png

You need a minimum level of 30 Mining to mine this rock. This rock is found in various spots over RuneScape, but the Mining Guild and the Dwarven Mine is the main spot it is mined at. A level of 50 Mining is recommended to mine this rock and you will receive 50 Experience Points per rock. It is used in all High Level Smelting.

Gold Ore:

min_gold.png

You need a minimum level of 40 Mining to mine this rock. This rock is found in various spots over RuneScape, but the main spot is the Crafting Guild. A level of 50 Mining is recommended to mine this rock and you will receive 65 Experience Points per rock. It is used in Crafting.

Mithril Ore:

min_mithril.png

You need a minimum level of 55 Mining to mine this rock. It is found in various spots over RuneScape, but the main spot is the Mining. A mining level of 70 is recommended to mine this rock and you will receive 80 Experience Points per rock. It is used in Smelting.

Adamant Ore:

min_adamant.png

You need a minimum level of 70 Mining to mine this rock. It is found in various spots over RuneScape, but the main spot is the Hobgoblin Mine. A mining level of 80 is recommended to mine and this rock and you will receive 95 Experience Points per rock. It is used in Smelting.

Rune Ore:

min_runite.png

You need a minimum level of 85 Mining to mine this rock. It is only found in the Rune Mine in the Wilderness. There is no recommended level to mine it and you will receive 125 Experience Points per rock. It is used in Smelting

Credit to Tip.It for the pictures.[/hide]

The Mining Spots

[hide=]In alphabetical order:

barbrianvillage.jpg

Barbarian Village Mine: 5 Tin Ores and 4 Coal

chasm.png

Chasm Mine: 1 Tin, 4 Copper, 9 Iron, 3 Coal, 5 Silver, 2 Gold, 2 Mithril and 2 Adamant Ores.

craftingguild.jpg

Crafting Guild Mine: 4 Clay, 6 Silver and 7 Gold Ores

crandor.jpg

Crandor Island Mine: 10 Coal, 3 Gold, 8 Mithril and 3 Adamant Ores.

dwarvenmine.jpg

Dwarven Mine: 3 Clay, 10 Tin, 11 Copper, 9 Iron, 11 Coal, 2 Gold, 2 Mithril and 3 Adamant Ores.

edgeville-1.png

Edgeville Dungeon Mine: 2 Copper, 2 Tin, 3 Iron, 3 Silver, 6 Coal, 1 Mithril and 2 Adamant Ores

hobgoblin.jpg

Hobgoblin Mine, Wilderness: 21 Iron, 31 coal, 19 Mithril and 8 Adamant Ore.

blurite.png

Ice Caves Mine: 4 Blurite Ores.

Karmarja Volcano Mine: 4 Gold Ores.

lumbridgeeast.jpg

Lumbridge Swamp East Mine: 5 Tin and 5 Copper Ores.

lumbridgewest.jpg

Lumbridge Swamp West Mine: 7 Coal, 5 Mithril and 2 Adamant Ores.

miningguild.jpg

Mining Guild: 37 Coal and 5 Mithril Ores.

rimmington.jpg

Rimmington Mine: 2 Clay, 2 Tin, 5 Copper, 6 Iron and 2 Gold Ores.

runemine.png

Rune Mine, Wilderness: 2 Rune Ores.

skeletonmine.jpg

Skeleton's Mine: 34 Coal Ore.

varrockeast.jpg

South East Varrock Mine: 6 Tin, 9 Copper and 4 Iron Ores.

varrockwest.jpg

South West Varrock Mine: 3 Clay, 8 Tin, 3 Iron and 3 Silver Ores.

steelmine.jpg

Steel Mine: 2 Iron and 3 Coal Ores.[/hide]

Leveling Guide - Dropping Your ores

[hide=]1-20

For these first levels, you are going to be using the Dwarven Mine and the Varrock West Mine. You are going to be using Copper and Tin Ores. You are going to need to mine 256 Copper or Tin Ore, or if you are doing half/half then 86 Copper Ore and 86 Tin Ore.

20-60

Congratulations on getting 20 Mining! Now it is time to move up to the Holy Grail of F2P Mining, Iron Ore. I recommend that you use the Rimminton Mine and Dwarven Mine here, as they have the most Iron Rocks close to each other. You are going to need a whopping 7,694 Iron Ore for 60! I recommend that you do it in bursts of about 1000-2500, so that you don't burn out too fast and give up. Mining 7,700 ores is a lot remember!

60-85-99

Wow! You're doing great! 60 Mining is a huge accomplishment! Guess where you going to be Mining now? Yes, the same place. Rimmington Mine. To get to 85, you are going to need to mine a huge 85,282 Iron Ores! Like I suggested earlier, mine about 1000-2500 Ores, then take a break and do something else, then continue with your mining.[/hide]

Leveling Guide-Banking All Your Ores

[hide=]1-20

For your very first few levels, you are going to be using the Varrock East Mine, and mine either equal Tin Or Copper or just one type. I suggest that you mine equal amounts of Tin And Copper, because then you can smelt them into bars and get up your Smithing Level as well. You are going to need to mine 256 Copper or Tin Ore, or if you are doing half/half then 86 Copper Ore and 86 Tin Ore.

20-55-60

Congratulations on getting 20 Mining! Next up, you will be Mining Iron ore, from the Varrock East Mine again or the Dwarven Mine. Be careful though, the Scorpion's will attack you if you are Lower Leveled. If you feel like you want a change from mining Iron, then mine some Coal as well.

60-65-85

Congratulations! You can now enter the Mining Guild and start mining with the big boys! Be warned though, the competition can be tough at times, and there will be more immature brats in there that will get angry if you 'steal their rock'. You are going to be Mining Coal at the Mining Guild. There is a large deposit of rocks however, so you are bound to always get an inventory. When you get to about 65, you can start to mine Mitrhil Ore as well as Coal, so that you can Smith it into bars later.

85-99

Congratulations! 85 Mining is a huge achievement to get as you can mine Rune! Rune Ore is one of the best ways to make money in F2P, but there competition get be great though. The only spot to mine to get it is Deep in the Wilderness, at the Rune Mine. Be careful when you are mining here, Revenants will attack you.[/hide]

How to Make Profit[hide=]In this section, I am going to tell you how you can make money from Mining, and what level you should start to mine the next ore.

1-20

For the first few levels to make money, you will be using the Varrock South East Mine. You are going to be mining Tin/Copper Ore. If you are just going to mine one type of ore, then I suggest that you mine Copper Ore, as it is valued for more.The closest bank is the Varrock East Bank, which is a short walk/run away. Alternatively, you can Smith the Ores into Bars, and make more money.

20-50

Guess where we are going to be now? The Varrock East Mine. You are going to be mining Iron Ore however though.The method is still the same however, use the Varrock East Bank and bank when necessary.

50-65

For the next way to make money, you are going to need to have 40 Crafting as well, as you are going to be mining Gold Ore at the Crafting Guild. The quickest way to get to Falador East Bank is Teleporting there, but if you do not want to take up 3 Inventory Spaces, or do not have 37 Magic, then walking is fine as well. Do not forgot to bring your brown apron!

60-65-85

Congrats on getting 60 Mining! You now can enter the holy grail of Mining, The Mining Guild. Inside, you are going to be mining Coal Ore. There is a very big source of Coal Ores here, and the people are not as competitive as they were when you are not mining in the Guild. The quickest way to bank your ores is to use the Ladders, and walk to Falador East Bank, which is about 1 Click from the entrance.

Once you get 65 Mining, you can try to mine Mithril Ore as well. Be warned though, there is only a few Mithril Ores, so make sure you grab them first.

85-99

Welcome to the big-boys league. You are going to be Mining Rune Ore, which is currently the best F2P way to make money. The competition is very, very fierce though, and there are Revenants that can kill you as well. It is recommended that you world hop, so that you can maximize the amount of ores that you get.[/hide]

Tips and Tricks

[hide=]Play in Low Definition

Play in Low Definition means that you are less likely to experience any server lag, which can slow down how much Experience Points you get.

Use The Re-Sizable Window

I understood what I just wrote before, and that you should always play in Low Definition, but in some cases, you are going to benefit from a re-sizable. Why? You can seem more of the mining area. Take the Mining Guild, for example. If you play on Low Definition, then you only can only see a small are of rocks, but if you play on the re-sizable window, you can see a greater area, which means that you can find the rocks more quickly.

Don't Mine With Friends

Friends can keep you sane if you mine with them, but they are going to slow you down, as you will have to stop and talk to them, which means less Experience Points. If you are mining at some spots together, you are going to get even less ores, as you are sharing the rocks.

Keep a Spare Pick Axe in Your Bank

When you break your Pick-Axe, it can be an annoying process to go all the way to the Dwarven Mine, to get Nurmof to fix it. If you have a spare one in your bank, then you are not going to lose any possible Experience Points.[/hide]

Credits[hide=]

• [*:26kjkj2i]Tip.It: For the images of the Ores and the Picks.

[*:26kjkj2i]Kaphias: For waking me up and bringing me back to my senses.

[*:26kjkj2i]ssbmbeliever: For showing and giving evidence of good clothing (Set-Up) to wear.

[/hide]

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Nice start, but I don't see how this information really differs from that on the Stat guide i Runescape

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Nice start, but I don't see how this information really differs from that on the Stat guide i Runescape

I can see where your coming from, but in this guide I wanted to cover everything, so those are included as well.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Only thing that really isn't unique or can be found elsewhere is your hopefully-to-be-expanded part on power mining versus banking. But hey we see that all over as well. :|

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I can see where your coming from, but in this guide I wanted to cover everything, so those are included as well.

I recommend you type it up in Word first. That way you can use spell check and all.

That way, you can save it and upload it when you are done, and not in bits and pieces.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I have a comment about your leveling guide. You say that you should mine copper and tin ores up until 20 mining. It might be worth mining only copper ores and banking them, or mining copper/tin ores to bank and then smelt because copper is worth a little something. If somebody's getting 20 mining, they probably haven't been working on the account they're doing it on and might be able to use the money. The current median prices are 79 gp for copper ore and 188 gp for bronze bars. It could accumulate to be worth it (assuming you don't already have "enough" money).

Decent guide otherwise, has a good amount of potential :thumbup:

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

good start... finish up! ;)

I plan on doing so by the end of this week.

I have a comment about your leveling guide. You say that you should mine copper and tin ores up until 20 mining. It might be worth mining only copper ores and banking them, or mining copper/tin ores to bank and then smelt because copper is worth a little something. If somebody's getting 20 mining, they probably haven't been working on the account they're doing it on and might be able to use the money. The current median prices are 79 gp for copper ore and 188 gp for bronze bars. It could accumulate to be worth it (assuming you don't already have "enough" money).

Decent guide otherwise, has a good amount of potential :thumbup:

Thank Scruffy, I'll add that in ::'

ojdv.jpg

this is just something that came in my head...

is this guide working with smithing? like do u want them to bank ores and smelt etc.

if ur not connecting this to smelting than i suggest actually mining clay because they r pretty expensive in ge.

:thumbsup: Good start, cant wait to see the finished version

Good so far Ouchy! Remember to add some humor to it like your MF ad WC guide. Thats what made it really good.

You liked that humor? Huh, I guess I should add some in :P

this is just something that came in my head...

is this guide working with smithing? like do u want them to bank ores and smelt etc.

if ur not connecting this to smelting than i suggest actually mining clay because they r pretty expensive in ge.

I'm still not sure yet if I want to inter connect it with this guide. I have thought about it though.

ojdv.jpg

A realy good start! I'm looking forword to see the rest. keep up the good work.

Ilufyou..

Hey thanks ^_^

ojdv.jpg

Nice guide. 6.5/10, because you start by mentioning the whole power mining v. banking thing, then the rest of the guide only covers power mining. As long as banking and money making v. xp are covered in the finished thing, I think it'll be a 10 :thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

After level 60 wouldn't it be easier to just mine coal in the mining guild?

For profit yes, but not fast training, which is the first bit of leveling I am going to cover. Next would be banking/profit way.

ojdv.jpg

i like ur guide and everything, but its so plain. u covered the power mining way which is mine iron until 99. and that is just boring and if u were to do that i would just give up. maybe u should say wat method u recommend or infact why cant u use both?

like power mine to level so and so and then do profits once u get to level x. like that maybe.

i like ur guide and everything, but its so plain. u covered the power mining way which is mine iron until 99. and that is just boring and if u were to do that i would just give up. maybe u should say wat method u recommend or infact why cant u use both?

like power mine to level so and so and then do profits once u get to level x. like that maybe.

Thanks for your opinion Yomyth. I plan on adding in a different method on Mining soon, which will probably cover banking ie. Profit.

ojdv.jpg

i see u fixed it up. now the rest would be good if u have some pics for the ppl new to mining and suggest best mining spots and list pros and cons. something that will make me rethink on where i usually mine. otherwise i love wat u did to it. <3:

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

i see u fixed it up. now the rest would be good if u have some pics for the ppl new to mining and suggest best mining spots and list pros and cons. something that will make me rethink on where i usually mine. otherwise i love wat u did to it. <3:

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hey thanks :) I am planning on adding in all the pictures soon, but it might make my guide lag, so I will have to post the link to it.

ojdv.jpg

Looks like I am going to get all the pictures taken and uploaded by the end of tomorrow. I am hoping to god that this is the case though. :?

ojdv.jpg

EDIT: I lied, Kaphias kindly convinced me not to do so, so I am leaving it open.

ojdv.jpg

Well, I think that I have finally completed this guide. I now need your Constructive Criticism on how I can make it even better than before.

ojdv.jpg

Just read through your guide. And here's my evaluation!!!

Positives:

• Very organized! (And that's a big :thumbup: from me.)

The dropping ore video was unique and very thoughtful! :thumbup:

The tips were useful-good ideas. :thumbup:

Negatives:

• Some spelling errors,

Could use some more strategies or tips for mining in the wildy.

Also I have a question:

1-20

For these first levels, you are going to be using the Dwarven Mine and the Varrock West Mine. You are going to be using Copper and Tin Ores. You are going to need to mine 256 Copper or Tin Ore, or if you are doing half/half then 86 Copper Ore and 86 Tin Ore.

You say one must mine 256 of either copper or tin, but if you mine both equally, you have to mine 86 each? Wouldn't it be 128 each?

Overall, I think this is a good guide for f2p! :D

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png